C6: First Conflict
268 4 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jack left the novice town after buying a temporary wooden dagger from a merchant store, heading directly to another level 5 monster area. As she was currently level 4, she couldn't equip her new weapon that required her level to be 5, so not only could she complete the first mission for her epic quest, but she could also get enough experience to level up and equip her new dagger.

Soon, a pack of wild wolves appeared one after another.

[Level 5 Savage Forest Wolf] (Common)

HP: 500

Attack Damage: 75

Armor Resistance: 50

Magic Resistance: 25

Skills

Bloody Maw: Lunges towards its target and bites them, dealing 100 Attack Damage (+200% bonus Magic Damage). Successfully biting an enemy will apply a bleeding effect on its target, dealing 5 physical damage per second.

Beast's Claw: Counterattacks with razor-sharp claws that deal 200% Attack Damage after successfully evading an attack.

Some brave players who caught a glimpse of her gear and weapon followed Jack through the monster areas out of curiosity had shivers run down their spines after seeing the pack of wolves surrounding her.

Of course, this was a sort of self-advertisement that she decided to do in order to gain a bit of fame. Not that she wanted to become famous or anything, but simply because her current situation in the real world was only so-so.

She needed to find a safe place to settle down, protected by corrupted officials, players, and businessmen.

Jack wasn't so naive to think her life would be all merry because things happened inside a virtual game, but was aware of how malicious some humans were and needed to counter these problems before things got out of hand.

If they can be reasoned with, then reason with them. If they can be avoided, then avoid them. If they were both unreasonable and couldn't be avoided, then she would have to resort to... less conventional means. After all, her stay in this world wasn't permanent, but she still would like to explore it rather than drop dead all of a sudden.

Coming back to the present.

Thankfully, these players were outside the monster area, so they didn't pull aggro, but not all of them were safe. Just because the monsters only patrolled their territories, didn't mean they were blind. Players close enough to them will also pull aggro, despite being out of range.

The safer players didn't bother with the players dying around them and instead continued to follow and record Jack's curious actions, discussing among themselves or with the viewers in their live stream what it is she was going to do.

↳ Hidden Dragon: "Hah! Who the hell does she think she is? This fellow clearly has lost her mind!"

↳ Caillou: "@Hidden Dragon, I bet you my left sock she'll kill all the wolves, level up, and continue further to challenge stronger monster areas."

↳ Hidden Dragon: "If she can do that, I'll live stream myself eating shit!"

↳Caillou: "Screenshot.png I've saved what you just said, you can't back out now!"

Outside the live stream in the forest where Jack stood, she boldly faced the wolves that were shortening the distance between themselves.

Savage Wolves were a relatively high-tier common monster. Although they had a weak defense, their every attack was lethal, especially the bleeding effect! This effect would continuously stack until the player died of blood loss or fell victim to their fangs or claws.

The elite players would usually team up in groups of 3, one damage dealer, one tanker, and an additional player of whatever class. It was a simple yet effective strategy.

However, those players were all at least level 4. Three level 4 players were needed to take down a single level 5 wolf, yet a single level 4 player was challenging an entire level 5 wolf pack alone!

Had she really planned how to subdue them all, or is she just trying to bite off more than she could chew?

Whatever it was, these players and the audience within their live stream would soon find out whether she was a fool or a hidden dragon.

Time seemed to freeze as Jack's gaze flickered from the wolves to the players, and back to the leader of the wolf pack snarling and drooling at her with bloodshot eyes.

Dash!

Stab!

Backstab!

Slash!

All the surrounding players could see was a black light flash in an instant and a wisp of aura of death envelop them. In the next moment, all the wolves in the surroundings suddenly collapsed to the ground.

There were no signs of being attacked, no injuries, no blood, they simply died just like that.

-584!
-526!
-525!
-561!
-516!
-531!

Six wolves were instantly annihilated!

This scene was several times more shocking than when he slashed a 6-meter-long gash in the ground. These were level 5 monsters for crying out loud, yet they were all instantly killed at the same time!

"How... how... how is this possible!"

"Monster! She's a high-level monster in disguise!"

"She killed all six wolves with a single slash!"

"If you look closely, the damage indicators are red, not white! That means it was all critical damage! One should know that critical damage has a damage multiplier of up to 4 times!"

"Absolutely nutty!"

[Level up!]

Killing the wolf pack awarded Jack enough experience to finally hit the level five mark, which was also the first threshold for players.

The first thing she did was to equip the Ancient Forest Needle followed by allocating the 4 attribute points into Agility, bringing it up to 26 points. Attack and Movement Speed increased to 2.6 and 13m/s respectively.

The increase in her Agility wasn't just how fast she could run, which was peak athlete performance in the real world but also covered her natural reflexes, dexterity of movements, and all-around control over her own body and muscles.

But to truly maximize this potential was a whole other matter and required vigorous training and conditioning of both the body, mind, and spirit.

Fortunately, Jack had achieved a small fraction of these qualities through Ciel's Will.

While everyone was pulling their hair and going crazy at his insane leveling speed, Jack simply waved her dagger back and forth and instantly killed everything that approached her.

With a wave of her hand here and there the approaching monsters fell.

When the monsters stupidly rushed to their deaths, Jack unintentionally yawned but the players in the distance felt as if he were mocking them!

Their expressions instantly turned livid and some of them even lost a bit of health, almost angered to death by his impudent behavior!

Why must this b*tch have such heaven-defying strength?!

Why must she act so pretentious in front of us?!

Why must she torment us casuals with her godly powers?!

Everyone truly felt as if the world was ending and they were nothing but side characters. Everything that happened thus far was too stimulating for them.

They could only watch from afar as the young woman solo cleared the level 5 monster area, like the incarnation of the God of Death.

When no more monsters appeared and their spawn rate was on cooldown, Jack was about to step forward to pick up the loot but her senses screamed of danger from multiple sides.

Twisting her body and limbs in unnatural ways, Jack avoided the poison-tipped arrow, aimed for her liver, an icicle aimed at her thigh, and the copper dagger aimed for her back.

"What the-"

Before the assassin could register what just happened, a black line flashed across his stupid face frozen with an ugly grin.

The instant Jack counterattacked, the first ambusher died uneventfully.

In the distance, a girl wearing the standard beginner clothing made of thin fabric and a leather chestplate stared dazedly at what just happened. Not just her, but her companion and the rest of the players were also stunned by how swift and decisive Jack reacted to a sudden surprise attack as if she were used to it.

"Lil Xiong! B*tch, I'll kill you!" hissed the female sorcerer with a livid expression.

"Wait! Su- I mean, Autumn Breeze, calm down before you get yourself killed! H-hey, expert, can you please forgive us-"

Jack didn't even bother to hear him out as she had already turned her back with indifference, preoccupied with looting the drops from the monsters she killed earier.

Archer: "..."

Sorcerer: "..."

Everyone else: "..."

This isn't how the script is supposed to go!

Wasn't there supposed to be some big argument and a fight between both sides, eventually leading to the expert winning before spouting some overbearing words?

What's with this girl who completely ignored everyone else and disregarded the common troupe?

"Are you... not going to kill those two, miss? Or demand compensation? You know, the usual biz." asked a brave player who shouted from the crowd.

Jack turned her head and glanced at the player who spoke up, then at the archer and sorcerer who attacked her, and lastly to the fading corpse of the assassin lying on the ground a few meters away.

"Would you go out of your way to talk with a fly after killing its partner? Negotiate? For what? The bread crumbs they've stashed away? A fly is a fly, and an annoying fly is a dead fly. There isn't much difference here."

"Holy crap! She just called you guys flies! Ahahaha!"

"Never in my life would I have imagined the infamous pk trio to be compared with flies! This is too hilarious!"

"Motherf*cker! Let go of me! I'll kill that b*tch!"

Jack tried to suppress the smile creeping up on her face but couldn't resist it and ended up giggling a little which infuriated the sorcerer further.

Even the archer had a darkened expression as he was publicly humiliated.

The original friendliness disappeared as he glared coldly at the girl squatting to the ground while sorting through her rewards.

"We'll remember this humiliation, and return it tenfold. Don't think we're finished after this... you best watch your back, lest you find an arrow piercing through your chest. Alright, Autumn Breeze, let's go. We've done what we've come here for."

With that said, the two left amidst the laughing crowd of players mocking, smirking, and pointing fingers at the two, shaming them further.

"Wow, sister expert! That was incredible! How did you do that earlier? You were so fast, and so cool!"

A familiar face appeared from within the crowd revealed to be the female cleric in the four-man party she met earlier.

There were stars sparkling in her eyes as she looked up at Jack in admiration. Following behind her were the other three with bright smiles on their faces.

The honest-looking swordsman stood before her with excitement and said, "Truly an expert!"

Jack looked at the four with a weird expression and said, "You guys aren't stalking me, are you?"

Stunned, the honest-looking man hurriedly shook his head and explained, "No no no! We saw you on a fellow player's live stream and wanted to witness your feats firsthand. I initially wanted to just watch from the sides... I mean, what would an expert like you want to do with normal players like us? Haha! But Lucy here wanted to see you."

"Sister expert isn't a bad person, right?" Asked Lucy with worried but hopeful eyes.

Jack smiled and replied, "So-so. I just like to have fun. It's a game, after all. Why take it so seriously?"

The three boys sighed in relief.

The young boy who seemed to be Lucy's brother stepped forward awkwardly with a faint blush on his face. "Erm, sister expert, can we be your friends?"

"Sure. We've yet to formally introduce ourselves. Hi, I'm Grimm." Said Jack as she rubbed the boy's head with a smile, causing him to blush even harder.

"I-I'm Luca... can we call you elder sister?"

"Sure~"

"Oh! Introductions? My name is Bob Walker-"

"Not your real name! Sigh, his in-game name is Skywalker. My name's Wolf." Wolf cooly spoke trying not to reveal any emotions but the occasional glances he tried to sneak at her were obvious to everyone, especially Jack herself.

"I'm currently in the middle of a quest. Would you guys like to party up and join me? It'll be fun~"

The four of them looked at each other before unanimously deciding amidst the envious gazes of the nearby onlookers.

""""Yes!""""

3