Rose: Single Rescue, Big Consequence.
55 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hey, kid watch out!" I yelled as I rushed into the street to push the little boy out of the way of an incoming drunk driver.

"Oh crap, it's truck-kun!" I yelled as my idiotic final words.

As darkness consumed me, I handed the boy his ball and smiled at him knowing I at least died doing something worthwhile.

But then, a light engulfed me and I felt... no pain?

"Oh my sweet little bird, I thank you for saving that child. He was not meant to die that day. Unfortunately neither were you, yet here you are..." said a saddened womans voice. 

"Where am I, the hospital? Everything's so white." I said as I tried to look around.

"You're dead I'm afraid. But worry not, for you did me a great favor just now!"

"I did?" I asked as I looked around trying to find the source of the voice but to no avail.

"That child you saved was destined to save the world one day, by saving him, you diverted quite the disaster!" The womans voice said quickly as I felt arms lifting me up and carry me towards an odd machine.

 It displayed an image of myself along with facts about myself. Next to it was a lever that was labeled "Destiny," which I personally found confusing.

"You seem confused. Allow me to explain then what this is."

A figure veiled in light floated across the floor, feet never touching the ground as they picked me up and placed me in a seat in front of the machine.

"This is the "S.A.F.E" machine, it is used as a system for reincarnation for those who died before they were due. The species, appearance, fate, and ending you get will determine what your new life will be, and your traits from your past life will carry over and determine the special factor of your species. Please, pull the Destiny lever if you would." Said the voice as I did a double take at the machine.

Nodding, I pulled the lever.

"S" landed on "God."

"A" landed on "Silver, pale and gold"

"F" landed on "loved"

"E" landed on the strangest possible outcome, shocking both me and the goddess beside me.

"Eternity"

"Well then, it would appear you are to be reborn as a goddess of eternal lifespan. Let's see what you're the goddess of then!" She said cheerfully as I nodded. 

Spinning the last lever, the screen glowed white and when it died down enough for me to look at and read, my jaw dropped. The screen now read...

"Goddess of Dimensional History​​​​​."

"Congratulations, your new name shall be..."

1