Chapter 15: Debut
23 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Sweetie, when we visit your village, introduce me to that friend of yours." Dante had to admit that he was a little startled by Claudia's expression and aura.

"Okay" She replied happily, without noticing the atmosphere

(That Toad is screwed...) It turns out that a friend of Yoshibeth convinced him that her clothes were some kind of uniform of some ancient fighter.

(She has no idea that she goes around in her underwear… which is kind of ironic because Yoshis usually go naked… her friend has specific tastes) For the blond, her new group member seems like the ideal prey for those guys who offer sweets in a van.

No one in the group had the heart to destroy her illusions, she really likes her "battle uniform".

"How far will this crazy world go?" This kind of thing lessened Goomarina's thirst for knowledge.

"You don't want to know the answer, at least it's harmless"

"But it's so... wrong" Koopatricia couldn't understand her friend taking advantage of her like that.

"Yes, and I don't want to see what Claudia is going to do to him."

"What are you talking about?" Yoshibeth wanted to know everything about her new friends

"Well... from... how much we like your uniform" The tortoise wanted to kick himself for saying that.

"Thanks, I can get you one too, if you want." She had no problem helping her fellow fighters.

When she imagined herself wearing it you could almost feel the heat coming off all over her skin.

"You must be very happy, is it a good sign that it enters its shell?"

"Yes, I reach the maximum happiness"

“Dante, stop…” An acquaintance collided with Goomarina.

"You... are that snooty group from the second division, get out of the way! I'm looking for real fighters" It was the reporter from the first day, he didn't even seem to remember them.

"We don't care about your opinion, jerk!" The archaeologist would like to never see it again

"You won't get any further, your leader barely fights and you aren't even that beautiful" He walked away like the last time

“You don't insult our…” Dante stopped Yoshibeth from attacking him.

"He's just some idiot, he's not worth it, remember we must choose our battles, we are fighters, not savages" Of course Dante would like to hit him, but they could be kicked out of the building or the city itself

Yoshi understood it as demonstrating the nobility of being a fighter and more wisdom of a veteran

(He's so cool) she was so excited to join this group

………………………………………………………………………………………………..

On the way to her room to request a match, they found Bandy Andy

"How are you, godfather? How are you and your girls?... I see you recruited another one, you impress me, friend"

"We don't complain too much, what do you do?"

"Me? I'm looking for information on "the 7 mysteries of the coliseum", do you know them?"

"No, you tell us" It was important information, after all

"Of course…"

………………………………………………………………………………………………

“This place is stranger than I thought and that's saying a lot” False walls, kidnappings, carnivorous toilets; Goomarina didn't want to know if this would be the weirdest place in her adventure.

"It's kind of creepy" Koopatricia wasn't a fan of horror stories

"Don't worry, pumpkin, those are just rumours"

"Yes, also if we find that toilet we can defeat it!" Few things could turn Yoshibeth back.

“That's aptitude…somehow.” At least she kept her spirits up, Dante activated the device to continue.

……………………………………………………………………………………………

Our heroes were coming back from another easy victory, they were one step away from moving up in division

"You were fantastic, those rocks didn't stand a chance, when is my turn!?" As she was the new one of the group he respected her rules, Dante had told her that she waits for her call to fight.

"Tomorrow you will have your debut in the promotion match" The blonde had reserved for this, the "secret weapon"

“Yeeeess!” Yoshi began to jump for joy.

"ho, ho, ho sweetness is very enthusiastic" Claudia liked his simplicity very much

"She will never get tired" Goomarina was exhausted just looking at her.

“Is this what it would feel like to have a little sister?” Koopatricia felt that they should take care of Yoshibeth despite her being the tallest and possibly strongest of the group.

"Maybe... I'm worried about where she would end up if we don't find her."

“It is better not to think about that” The archaeologist did not want to imagine it

“I feel like she would figure it out” The only one who had confidence in the survival of her new member in the world was the actress.

"Hey, godfather, good job... I've come to say goodbye, I think it's time to retire, my next fight will be my last" King K did not see a future for his career as a fighter.

"That's terrible! Why!?" Yoshibeth looked like she heard that the world is ending.

"It's a harsh reality, girl, not all of us have talent for this like your group... I liked them, I hope they reach high and at least remember this Koopa" The turtle gave them a thumbs up, before the staff came to look for him.

"Take care, friend, if the rumors are true, run away fast" It is the warning that could give him

"What a way to say goodbye, but thanks" He left with the worker.

"It's sad to see someone leave" She didn't know him at all, but she spoke in general

"Not everyone gets the desired results, sweetie" In the acting world it was the same.

"At least he was a decent person." He never bothered any of them, the Goomba could appreciate that.

"I hope he's doing well." After the castle business, Koopatricia was relieved to find other Koopas who didn't want to attack them... outside the official ring.

………………………………………………………………………………………………

The next morning.

“Do you always sleep as a team?” Yoshibeth didn't see anything strange about sharing a bed, she just wished it was bigger.

"Could you say it" Goomarina wondered when that became normal.

“We are very close, sweetie”

"We need to get a better bed, Koopatricia's shell is starting to poke me." Dante stretched his back.

"Sorry" She felt bad about hurting his friend

"It's not your fault, I know you really like to sleep with it"

"You should try sleeping without clothes, my mom says she makes you feel free" Before she used to, but since she has her combat uniform she only takes it off to wash it.

The Koopa just blushed at the thought.

"I knew you'd like the idea!" She was always willing to help.

“Let's go eat and schedule the fight.” Dante walked over to the device.

………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Grubba did his typical for fanfare to excite the public.

"...And to put the cherry on the cake, if The Godfather and his beautiful hitwomen win this fight they will advance to the first division!"

The public shouted euphorically

“Here we have them! They are relentless and leave victims in their wake! You know them as The Godfather and his beautiful hitwomen!” With that signal, the group entered the stage, followed by the roar of their fans.

"They are the best!"

“Godfather you are the man!”

"Pink tidal wave crush me whenever you want!"

"Purple tornado! Is there anything you're not good at?!" Some recognized Claudia from her previous work.

“I love you green comet!”

"You guys are so loved." Yoshibeth couldn't wait for her first fight with her new team.

“M-Maybe too much.” The tortoise wasn't a fan of being the center of attention.

“Occupational risks, pumpkin, you get used to it”

"Why did I get the rare ones?" Goomarina looked with repudiation at the group that had a banner that read: Crush us with your fury.

“There are those everywhere… I think you attract them.” Dante couldn't hide the grace he gave him.

While they argue, Grubba takes it upon himself to insult the Iron Twins on their behalf.

"What do you think of those strong statements and messing with his mother?!"

“That he is going to spend some time in a hospital!”

“We are totally ready!” Both giant and blue Clefts, they were confident

Adversaries met face to face

"We'll give you the first move, flimsy, no one gets through our absolute defense." The red-shoed Cleft didn't take them as a threat.

"Yes, we are invincible" His brother in green shoes was sure that sooner or later they would be the champions.

“Then… why are they ranked 10th? Dante didn't make fun of the two, he genuinely wanted to know how the other fighters beat them, this reality might make more sense, but turn-based combat always asked him.

"..." That seemed to hit a sore spot.

“Attack us already so we can tear you to pieces!” They didn't want to talk about it

"Okay... Yoshibeth, what we agreed on." Obviously he explained the strategy to her beforehand.

“Right away, godfather!” She ran towards them.

"Anyone new? You don't scare us"

"Well, you should..." She stretched out her long tongue and against all common sense, logical and physical; she stuffed it into her mouth.

(How the hell does he do it?) He wasn't going to let herself eat to find out.

"Brother?!" The green shoe cleft panicked

"..." If Yoshi could speak with the scholarship full, she would tell him: I'll give it back to you!

“Aarrg!” When he spat at his opponent, she slammed it into his brother and they both took damage.

“How did they get through our defenses?”

“It is not possible, they discovered our weak point”

It would all go downhill for them from this point.

……………………………………………………………………………………………

The Iron Twins were on their heads on the ground

“And the winner is The Godfather and his beautiful hitwomen! They rose to the first division thanks to their secret weapon, the insatiable Blue Hole! Will anyone be able to stop this scourge of the ring?!”

"Hooray! Hooray, we won! You heard it folks, I am the insatiable blue hole!” Yoshibeth jumped excited for her victory and her name as a fighter

"... I don't feel so bad anymore because of my name as a fighter" she felt a new appreciation for Pink Tidal wave

"S-Should we tell him not to say it like that?" Koopatricia felt that this city had something strange in the atmosphere… it particularly affected jokes.

"Nah, let her be happy, again she doesn't hurt anyone"

"Charmy, you're right, it doesn't seem to bother being the blue hole... we just don't take care of those who make fun of it" Claudia looked at her euphoric friend.

Again, Dante can't tell if she's joking or serious.

1