Chapter 33: Necessary Stop
17 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"This is the last straw, I don't want to ride this crap train again!" The helmsman did not stop complaining, after returning her diary to that ghost and being able to sleep a little, the next morning, the train stopped because they had raised the bridge and they had to take care of it because nobody did anything

"Aren't you a bit harsh?" Koopatricia could admit that she expected more from this type of trip.

“We are doing the work of those lazy and useless! They should have protocols for this!” If they were on her ship, she would throw them overboard.

"I also expected more from the Excess Express... they should hire better security personnel" Claudia was not a satisfied customer either.

“I just want to get to the site” Goomarina had a neutral opinion, she would have to travel a second time to feel that the experience was not biased by the participation of her group… they had a tendency to go out of the norm.

Dante, Yoshibeth, and Bibiana are a few steps ahead without having a qualification for the trip, the first because a busy trip was expected and the other two because they almost always traveled on foot.

……………………………………………………………………………………………

They went deeper into the building where they told him that the lever that would raise the bridge was.

“This place must not have been in business for years, given the wear and tear, homeless people, and pests inside.” Goomarina carefully observed every detail.

“Why is it so difficult to move forward? I don't understand if it was a rest stop for the train or some kind of warehouse.

"Me neither, godfather, but the people here are very weak." The fighter had tested her spear with some Goombas.

"You guys should be nicer" Claudia crushed some Puffs while mentioning it

"Look... this" Bibiana pointed to a large chest among some boxes.

"They didn't even bother to take this, I don't know if they are that lazy or just wasteful" Bomlivia rolled her eyes

"Let's see what our prize is." Dante knew anyway and pulled out a pair of red boots.

"Those are..." The archaeologist couldn't finish because Dante was taken to the other dimension, with his only host.

“Hello… you again!”

(How does he keep finding this special teams?) Those were T.Ana's thoughts upon seeing Dante for the third time.

"That sounded like you don't want me here." He tried to look offended.

“N-No, I mean…”

"I'm only joking with you"

It almost looked like the Toad was going to pout.

“Ready to answer another question?”

"W-Well..."

“Just tell me a little about yourself”

(This may be the last time I see him, few have gathered all four teams together) She sighed with a bit of sadness internally, due to her 'condition' she could only communicate limitedly with certain people.

"I... I was an explorer, one day delving into some ancient ruins, I accidentally activated some kind of ritual... since then I'm in charge of this area" More than sad or scared she seemed tired.

“The information about the objects…”

“A part came from the ruins and another part was provided by the space itself, every time a special team is created or acquired, the information is transmitted to me to be able to do my job… at first I loved it, always new knowledge and helping with my explanations , but then I realized that I can only go out once a month, the rest of the time I am “asleep”.

“So, you…” Dante's throat tightened.

"Oh, don't worry, it's only been two years, although for me it was like a month" Wish her expression was as carefree as her words

"Do you want to be free?" He was absolutely serious

"Of course, I want to stay alive, have more adventures... but it's not possible" She had searched for ways to escape.

"I'll do what I can." Dante made her touch his printer.

"Huh?" She didn't process what was happening

As if it sensed a disturbance, space shattered like glass, releasing Dante.

“That's a good sign… and this too” His printer gave him a peculiar list.

Toad (Cursed): Ultra Mushroom, DNA corresponding to the target, object or essence of the curse; Star power level 7… Optional: Peach's DNA.

“Can I…” A scream interrupted him.

"What the hell was that about you being dragged into another dimension?!" If Bomlivia were transformed she would be grabbing him by the lapel

"Are you alright, Danty?" Bibiana breathed a sigh of relief.

They had not experienced the event of finding a special team.

"Perfectly" Dante looked at his feet and he already had the red shoes on, it seemed that  had absorbed the old ones.

(Too bad I wanted to give them to Goomarina)

"I think we should look before taking things out of chests" This disappearing thing could not be good for anyone, according to the archaeologist.

"And as always no one cares that someone just suddenly disappeared!" Bomlivia couldn't believe how they calmly explained to her what was happening when Dante disappeared.

"Don't get upset, honey, we don't like it as much as you do, but the important thing is that Charmy came back safely" Claudio gave the blonde a big hug for worrying them again.

“No… I'll be safe… for a long time.” He was having a hard time breathing, but only Koopatrecia seemed worried.

"Wow, I knew that orange eruption liked the godfather as much as we did, it seemed like he was going to tear down the building for him" Yoshibeth would too, but it wasn't necessary...this time.

"It isn't true!"

"Who are you kidding? You were going to blow up when he disappeared." The archaeologist rolled her eyes, next to her the athlete she supported the blonde to breathe.

"The pot calling the kettle black" The actress stared at her, but the Goomba did not pay attention

"Don't... be shy... it was scary" Bibiana gave her a hug to comfort her.

"I'm not shy!" If she didn't hurt the witch she would have exploded right then

……………………………………………………………………………………………

"What are those things? Insects? The helmsman was looking at some kind of creature made up of four black circles with yellow eyes.

"I don't know, but it looks like they raised the bridge." Normally Koopatricia would be a little scared, but she found them oddly adorable.

“According to my book, they are called Mio, they are an unusual species, strange here it says that they live in much larger groups” To Goomarina, on the other hand, they were horrible, but not as horrible as spiders.

"They don't seem to want to fight" Yoshibeth is always on guard

"Let's send them flying" The blonde looked at Claudia.

"Understood, Charmy" It was time for teamwork

……………………………………………………………………………………………

With the bridge lowered, the train's passengers and staff were preparing to continue on their way as normal… except for one group.

"Remind me, what are we doing up here!?" Our heroes were on the roof of the train as they finalized the details for departure.

“Well I said: “I have a bad feeling about those Mios, I'm going to make sure they don't mess with the train”, then you accompanied me here while we talked” Dante answered calmly to the helmsman.

"That's just what happened, godfather" The fighter supported her story

“No! I mean, do you really think they would attack us!”

"With our luck I wouldn't be surprised." Goomarina just shook her head.

"We tend to... get into trouble" Koopatrica already accepted it.

"That's one way of putting it, pumpkin, I prefer, thrill seekers."

“It will always… be fun with you guys” Although for her, it was already fun just spending time with them

"You can repeat it, Baby"

"Here they come!" Dante watched as a crowd of Mios approached, he seemed to paint the ground around them black as they huddled together.

"Those things, they really came, this train can't do anything right" If they had already started he wouldn't be able to catch up.

"It was to be expected," Goomarina sighed.

“This is the plan, take your positions…” Dante wasn't scared, the Mios weren't strong individually and he just had to keep them from sticking to the transport for a few minutes.

The plan was that he, with the crimson star power; Claudia, with her gusts of wind; Yoshibeth, with her eggs and Bibiana, with her fire magic, will drive away most with her long range powers and Goomarina, Koopatricia and Bomlivia will take care of the few that will make it to the train.

……………………………………………………………………………………………

Inside the train the passengers are unaware of the danger

"What is that noise?" Waitress Toad couldn't tell where was coming from.

“I can't get distracted, I have to put the finishing touches on it” Being the chef who answered, one would think he would be cooking, but in reality he was placing a plate of food on the floor under a hanging box.

"This will distract any food thief." The fish seemed confident, ignoring the former food thief who watched from the doorway.

………………………………………………………………………………………………..

"Mommy, what's all the fuss about?" Little Bob-omb was talking to his parents

"I don't know, son, we'll complain later, I have to convince your father" She was sure that the best gift for her son was an encyclopedia, she wouldn't give up, but she wouldn't make a fuss like yesterday, it was embarrassing for someone in her class.

………………………………………………………………………………………………..

"That noise... it can only be... they are cleaning the train before leaving, they are very dedicated in their work" Holmot was preparing to sleep, the grown-ups go to sleep early to have energy.

………………………………………………………………………………………………..

"All checks are ready, we're leaving, we have an itinerary to meet" The driver started the engines to start the machine, just at that moment something hit the front glass.

"An insect? We'll clean it up later" He continued the start-up.

………………………………………………………………………………………………

"This trash is finally moving, I'm going to kick the next one who suggests taking a train!" It hadn't been long, but fighting so many enemies was tiring.

(I must admit there were more of them than I thought) Dante had already used up his star power and was helping Koopatricia with mid-range combat while he gave Bibiana a drink.

"This is fun!" Yoshibeth had a great time preventing these bad guys from invading the train.

"We're going to need a beautifying break after this." Claudia saw that everyone was drenched in sweat.

"Concentrate, I want to finish this to sleep" When Goomarina took vacation, she would remember not to travel by train.

1