Chapter 9: The Rainbow Behind The Rain
34 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Abony's POV

"Everything okay. Ebony," a deep voice resounded.

A kind of cliche joke was George's brand. No matter what, I just hoped someone came to help me.

"Thanks for your help, George. By the way, call me Abony, after all," I said with a sharp voice.

"I would bring this to where? Your home?" he asked with smiling on his mouth.

"No, it doesn't. Please bring it to the White Rabbit park." With a high voice tone, I said.

"I know you well, Abony. Just teasing you a little." George laughed out loud and carried my easel to the park.

Looking into his eyes, I dropped my heart skipped, the beautiful brown eyes sparkling under the sun.

Thanks to George, I could auspiciously bring the easel to the White Rabbit park. After saying goodbye, my heart appreciated it, obviously. He was perfect, at least to me.

Focusing on my business.

Painting!

Barking dog while the wind touched my cheek. I mixed some colors that I think it was to be good.

Some red mixed with yellow, and the pink in the end.

The mixture forms a mint color, a beautiful mint!

Continued, I mixed some colors flashing in my head. Lightpink, Blue-Violet, Salmon, Firebrick, Tomato, Lime, Forest Green, Aqua, Navy, and Chocolate.

It was not a mix of colors. It was a naughty game!

I forgot every worry in my life, hurt, dad, school.

Everything was faded in my eyes!

Looking at the easel, the brush on my hand touched the canvas.

My hand started to shiver, and my body froze. The red sunset became gray, and the space dropped into darkness.

I couldn't... Couldn't draw or paint anything!

Something held back my hand. Unaccepted the truth, I tried again. But I failed. Time by time, I painted nothing, just a weird, ugly picture.

I lost all of my painting skills. All! Yes! All! I had nothing; nothing could hold my feet in the world. My knees dropped to the ground, and my tears couldn't fall.

Got under the slide, shivering with lifeless eyes. The fire in the past came back through the raindrops. The fire burned the last picture that I created in my life. The picture painted a beautiful, confident woman singing with her micro under the sunset.

The fire, alighting in my mind, burning in my eyes.

The woman was my mom; the picture was the last memory remaining.

The rainbow appeared behind the rain. The two kids dropped by the park with their umbrellas.

"Hey! Where are you going?" a little boy asked.

"I'm going to study to play the piano," a little girl answered.

"Oh, but you are a piano genius. Why do you have to study?" A boy round his eyes.

A girl replied with a chuckle that made her plait flutter. "My sister said nobody can be a professor if they don't have a teacher," she said with a proud voice.

"Well, it's not convincing. By the way, do you want to eat candy?" A boy took in his pocket some candy and gave it to the girl.

Jumping up. But froze my body again. After taking back my calm, I got out of the slide.

"Thank you! Thank you! Girl! You are a rainbow in my life." Holding a girl's hand, I said.

Admitting what a kid said was true, and I was a weak person, but that was not a big deal.

"Excuse me, sister. Why do you say thanks to me?" a girl said as her eyes were scary.

"We have to go, Emily. Don't talk with a stranger," a boy said with a vigilant voice.

Holding the girl's hand, he took her going away. Ignoring my eyes following their steps, he went toward the sunset when Emily looked back at me with her curious eyes.

The thing I always find was the rainbow after the rain. In other words, I couldn't blame or be plaintive.

I had to find a teacher who could teach me how to paint!

17th September, at school.

Abony's POV

Something poignant in my stomach. F*ck! I needed to go to the WC. Ms. Milla never allowed students to go out of the biological class. Even if the reason was bellyache, headache, or even defecation. She was the weirdest teacher I saw ever.

Unfortunately, my reason was the last. Yes! Just because of eating a sweet potato for breakfast.

"Sorry, teacher. I need to go." Standing up, I sprinted to the WC despite my biological teacher frowning her eyebrows.

"Stop! Abony. I'm not allowing anyone to break my rule in this class." Ms. Milla growled.

After solving my problem in the toilet, it was rest time coming.

Washing my face, I looked at myself in the mirror. What a beautiful girl! I chuckled. I loved my black straight hair and my brown almond eyes.

These were the proud figures on my face.

If nobody loved me, that was okay. Because I was a person who loved me most. Thinking like this broke my lonely feeling!

I smiled and planned to find a teacher who taught me to paint after part-time work. Turning off the faucet, I got out of the WC. At the same time, someone holding my hair pulled me back to the toilet.

"Ouch! Aaa...! Aaa...! What are you doing? You insane, f*ck!" I yelled.

A girl pushed me down to the floor. Looking up, I saw three girls encircled me with their spicy faces. One fat, one short, and one thin.

"How you dare hold our prince Austin's hand?" The fat girl took her phone with a photo on that. It was a scene of me holding Austin's hand.

"So what?" I calmly answered.

"HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!" The three laughed in unison.

"So what?!" they mimicked my accent full of irony.

"Wait, why do you look so familiar?" A thin girl held my chin and asked.

They cogitated for a while, and a short girl screamed: "The city girl!"

"Ah! That's you. Abominable girl in the past," a fat girl judged.

Gnashing, burning in my eyes. After a long time, unexpectedly, I met them again in this situation. Alright! I was not a little girl like the past, old owe, new owe, paying once!

0