Chapter 14: How The Hearts Of People Worked
20 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Actually, she gets sick today.” The electricity run along my backbone.

“Oh, really? And you hid it. Why?” Shaping her eyes formed the dashes, she asked.

“Yea, I just want to keep her leap as well as our class leap. I’m so sorry that I decided by myself. There won’t be next time, I promise.” Glued my eyes to my toe, I said.

“You have to charge in your act because of cover her mistake. Hence, your punishment is clean our classroom for a week. Are you okay with that?”

“Sure, no problem.”

“Alright, you could go. Thanks for your honesty.” Grabbed her phone, she said.

Peeping her screen phone through the pane when I got out of the room, I saw the message she sent:

“Good afternoon, Mr.Linus.

I heard Abony is getting sick today and could not go to tutoring class. Hope she gets better and goes back the school soon.

With regard,

Maya, her head teacher.”

“Why do you still there?” asked the head teacher.

Starting up, “I’m gone.” I jogged like the wind to disappear from her sight.

So, that shit almost got her shanked up.

Abony, I did help you with all my possibilities.

You must take care of the rest!

***

Abony's POV

Although I promised my dad that I would study hard to get high scores, I still came to Paradise restaurant.

Of course, dropping the tutoring class again.

My job helped my mood smoothie because I kept a smile on my lip almost during my working time.

“Here you are!" Grabbing the food on table number 07, I smiled.

The old man looked at my breasts with his dusk eyes. He always came here in his black suit while ordering familiar food. There was some Vodka, Rib-Eye Steak, Broccoli Cheddar Soup, and Chicken Salad.

Turning to another table, a strange hand touched my butt. “What are you doing, you bastard?” Beat his hand when he tried to press, I exclaimed.

My body reacted to his act as if I was exciting.

Damn! What a shame! I never allowed anybody touched me let alone molest me.

“What the fuck are you doing? Stop it! STOP!” I roared.

This bastard handed on my shirt. “Son of the bitch, stop! How you dare?” I bit his arm while shouting nonstop.

“Bitch! How you dare do this?” he said with his hoarse voice.

Even if Ms. Rose, Mr.join, Miss Mia, and all of the guests witnessed what happened right before their eyes, nobody came to save me. They ran away instead of helping.

I knew it well.

This was how the hearts of people worked!

His dusty hand rubbed my breasts while all guests left quickly as just the manager and my colleague stood and looked.

There was a huge thud. ‘Good punch.” I said and slapped the cheek of the old man after George assaulted and gave him a cuff.

“Get the rope ready!” The black suit old man trampled down my feet.

Taking my hand to get out of here, George pedaled on his stomach when he tried to stop us. “Don’t act worse than even a dog!”

The smell of the meal scattered on the floor touched my nose with broken dishes. I walked according to George, let the mess sight behind crossing the dazed eyes of my colleague.

“George, I can go by myself. No need to hold my hand.”

“...” He just went ahead with no word.

“George, where are we going?”

“...”

“George, leave me back to the restaurant working.”

“...”

“Why do you say nothing?”

“...”

Impotent because of his silence, I took my hand back. But I could not move as he held my hand so tight such blocked my cyclical blood vessels.

Before long, we stood right out front of my house.

“You should go home. I’ll go back to work.” Finally, George turned back while throwing my hand up.

“No, I don’t want.”

“Now’s not the time to be stubborn, Abony. This problem can also be more complicated. Did you see the strange behavior of people? There truly has something shady.”

“Yea, I see. I thought it was normal because It’s just being human.”

Touching my shoulder, he said. “Come on! This is not simple. Who is that man? Surely his prominence in this town has power enough to people afraid of offending.”

“I don’t care all of it, George. I want to come back to the restaurant and continue my work.” Flinging his hand out of my shoulder, I said. “To be honest, thank you so much. You saved me while nobody did.”

“That’s what I should do. If you really want to thank me, I suggest you quit your job.”

“Sorry, I can’t.” I turned around and started walking.

George held my hand and pulled back. “Just go home today. Is that okay?”

“No!”

“Get your hand out of my daughter!” the familiar voice shouted.

“Dad?!” Rounded my eyes when my heart was racing.

Was this time Dad worked on the construction? Why did he have his face in the house?

Taking me behind, dad got a big-eyed stare as he left his arm out when saying. “Get out!”

“Good afternoon, uncle Linus. Everything is just a misunderstanding.” Hunching his shoulder, George said.

“Alright. No matter what happened. Please leave, Mr. George. I want to talk with my daughter.” Dad changed his voice to a soothing tone.

“Yes, of course. I gonna go, see you later!” Fixing his awry toque when walking away, George said.

His back in chef uniform faded behind the green tree.

“So, did you get a job?” Staring at me, dad asked.

There was a bolt of electricity that shot up my spine. “Dad, let me explain. I-“

“You’re a good kid until now,” Dad said before going somewhere.

Coming back in his old-fashion car. “Get in.” Rolled his car window, he said.

“...” I did of his word.

“Where is the restaurant you work in?” Dad said through the cold of the air-conditioner.

“1944E 4th St#6, Hill, WD.”

Less than five minutes later, our car had stopped in front of the Paradise restaurant door.

Getting out of the car when the hell stood here waiting for me, I had got goosebumps.

Okay, I might not gonna die. Only Dad would kick me out of his house in the worst-case scenario.

“Excuse me, can I help you?” Mr.John opened the door waving his hand to welcome my dad.

“Sure, thank you. Would you help me meet your manager?”

Meeting my manager? What did my dad want to do?

“You stand here.” Dad stopped me when I deliberately followed his feet to the office room where meeting the manager.

NEVER did I feel unsafe as today.

What did they talk about?

Dad would suggest letting me quit this job, I guessed, or something more that I could not figure out.

“I’m so sorry, Abony.” A voice choked with sobs spoke.

“Miss Mia, you just like others, same shit!” My eyes turned red when seeing her tears.

“Forgive me, sweetheart. I’m a coward contemptible.” She touched my little finger.

“I’m nobody to forgive you. Go f*ck yourself." Smacked her hand away, I said.

0