Chapter 17
289 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Recap

Number 3 had his eyes building out of his sockets and constantly turned his head towards Azure, who walked around in a small circle while reciting his story. With the Azure Flames behind him, he seemed like a demon god, telling a story to the mortals in the midst of destruction.

And number 1 who remained unfazed throughout the entire story, besides a curl of his mouth upwards at the end.

Azure continued his speech. On the surface, I appeared to benefit at all times, but every time a ray of light shone that I might succeed, a cloud of darkness blocked the smidgen of light shining through.

And further away, stands someone on a hill, gazing upon all the events while bathing in a golden ray of light.

Seemingly unsuspecting besides a glance or two and some envy, but to me this is the most suspicious point. Even if your mentality is good, how is it that every time my future looks positive, you remain stone-faced? "

After that, Azure scrunched up his eyebrows as if he did not understand the next question he was going to ask.

"-The only thing that puzzles me is: why?"

______________________________________________________________________________

As Azure gave his speech, just a few feet away were the shocked numbers besides number 1. They were listening to Azure give a detailed analysis of Number 1's schemes.

After listening for awhile, they huddled up together, while both Azure and Number 1 either didn't care or didn't notice. But all of them would believe the former more than the latter.

"He knows!!" Number 2, who came rushing here in a hurry the moment he saw the other doing the same, said in a panting breath.

"So what? I admit it's rare that "they" figure out the scheme of our leader, but he's not the only "victim" that's done that, and they always end up with the same fate. " said number 4, who rarely speaks. "

"Idiot, that's true, but all of those who've figured out the plan were already either near death's door, or were captured and sent there soon enough." Said number 3, it was a momentary surprise since he rarely contributed to the group in matters other than fighting. "

The moment number 3 finished rebuking number 4, they all heard Azure ask, "-Why?" Hearing this revived number 4's expression.

"See, he can't even figure out the whole plan. I admit, he's a bit more capable than the other "victims", but like I said earlier, All of those who knew of the leader's plan ended up in graves, and which one wasn't at the hands of the leader."

Irony, how it comes in the most unexpected situations. Number 4 didn't know how right he was.

Number 4's words made the expressions on the others' faces ease up, and become less anxious. But number 3 who's honed his instincts through countless battles, still couldn't help but feel something was wrong.

'Why do I have an ominous feeling, as if something is amiss.'

*Meanwhile, back with number 1 and Azure.*

Number 1 has been surprised more times during this day, than he has in the last couple of years combined.

'Originally, I heard that some little guy was annoying the organization, and so I joined to complete some of my plans. Who knew that he was interesting.'

As number 1 continued to listen, he became more and more intrigued with this 'small guy.' Number 1 made sure to not only listen to Azure but to also occasionally listen in on the numbers conversation. Hearing number 4 words, he smirked mentally.

Number 1, who was initially bored when he first saw Azure, was now curious and listened carefully to Azure's deduction.

So when he heard that Azure, who could deduce most of Number 1's schemes, was perplexed about something, he himself was trying to figure out what that "something" was. As he thought about it more, he finally arrived at a conclusion: 'Ah, is it that?'

And listening more closely, number 1 soon confirmed his guess.

"-Why? Your ability to scheme is truly commendable, but your strength is also nothing to scoff at. You numbers, at first glance, you seem to be a group of people who, when separated, are weak and could be easily destroyed.

However, from what I've analysed, besides your personal relationships, even your combined super moves seem to follow a hierarchy.

Pointing to number 1 who's opposite to him, Azure said, "Your arms move in accordance to the sphere, leading me to believe that it is you who controls the sphere. Since your ability is the most crucial, you can be said to have the lead position in this combination move.

"You capture the flames in the sphere and then manipulate the yellowish sphere to float towards your group, then that guy, with no hesitation, puts his palms into the flames." Despite that, there is no immediate effect and he seems to not be in pain in the slightest.

His actions of hurting himself seem useless, but the flames appear mysteriously after a couple of minutes, making me believe that his quirk, is making things explode after a few seconds with physical touch," Azure said, pointing to number 3.

"However, I could clearly see the burns on his hands and the person who had his arms on that guy's shoulder-" said Azure, pointing to number 2. "-seems to be the person who's constantly in pain despite not being involved at all.

He must have some sort of pain transferring quirk, which is why the other one is perfectly fine with his hands in my flames while this one is shivering in pain from seemingly nowhere. "

"Lastly, the one who barely speaks, heals the one who puts his hands in the flames, further cementing my theory."

Now this explanation really shocked all the numbers. Nobody was ever able to decipher their abilities individually and  provide an in depth explanation before.

Number 3 hardened his expression, and the small speck of worry in his gut increased even more.

However, as if he was oblivious to their thoughts, he continued his explanation. "This just shows your ability to control things, with both strength and wisdom. Why is it that you still allow these "things" to hold you back.

I saw that when you take a flame from the ground into your sphere, the dirt directly under it also goes into the sphere before it falls out. The ability to separate things from their own space and not only move them telepathically but to also choose whether they stay inside the sphere or not.

Such an ability would be highly valued and, surely, would make you, who has a great mind, capable of easily killing that Kenji and obtaining a high position in your organization. "

Number 1 looked as if he had seen a toy that interested him. Number 1 had never seen someone capable of deducing so much, of finding out his plan and not only that but counteracting against it.

The stoic person had a grin plastered on his face and only kept mumbling "Interesting" for the duration of Azure's speech.

Only after a while did he stop and listen to Azure's last words. Only then did he realize where he was, Although the grin on his face wouldn't be extinguished any time soon, he still responded to Azure.

"We'll lets get rid of the unnecessary audience."

*The number's beside number 1.*

They had been paying attention to the explanation of Azure, while the other two were more worried, spaced out from time to time. But number 3 was paying attention to every minute detail and word.

As he heard number 1's words, he thought 'wha-'.

But when he wanted to finish his thoughts, he unexpectedly saw an astonishing sight. His view was upside down and he saw 3 headless bodies with blood pouring out like a fountain.

'Beautiful.'

That was all number 3 could think before he fell into an endless slumber.

_____________________

Ahhhhhh...Poor number 3

Anyways that's this weeks chapter, exams this week do Wednesday's chapter might not happen, i'll update you if that's the case. 
Hope you enjoy the story, and Goodbye.

9