Chapter 19
252 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 19

"Slaughtering you villains is my way of protecting the streets."

Number 1 hummed in a questioning tone "Hmm?"

Azure continued "Countless heroes are out daily protecting the civilians from threats, however they just send the villains to jail, allowing a chance for a few to break out and cause mayhem once again. 

The deaths that time lie directly on the hero's hands, yet measures aren’t taken to prevent it. Words of "that's such a pity" or "guess the cameras are faulty" are spoken but no drastic ideas are taken.

Looking around, although heroes are relatively safe from villains and are tasked with stopping them, the ones who suffer the most are the civilians. The person whose car is on fire, whose house burned down, who lost their lives as collateral.

These are the ones who suffer the most and yet, most don’t seem to care. As long as the villain is apprehended and put in a cell everyone seems to forget the one who just lost a loved one. And you scum of people don't care either way.

So I took matters into my own hands. Eradicating you scum completely before another victim could be found. Not letting another be hurt from your hands, weather the heroes agree with me or not, as long as these hands prevent another tear from streaming down a face, then my hands will be stained red with blood."

Number 1 listened to the whole speech and after Azure was finished he lightly praised it "A noble goal indeed, some would even call you a martyr. But let me ask you this, am I a villain?"

____________________________________________________________________________

Azure wanted to answer, but he wasn't given a chance.

"How can you tell who’s a villain who deserves to be killed, and who’s not? I could be a vigilante that infiltrated the organization to gather information on them, and to kill them myself.

 Since you're saying that the villains are evil and that you're going to kill them prior to committing another crime, then how can you tell that those behind a mask (corrupt heroes) are actually the ones who are evil-"

Listening to Azure wanted to rebut, to say that he had his own methods of knowing, yet he couldn’t. He had just been judging based on his own views, and the person's personality.

He was in deep thought about his method of tracking down villains, but number 1, or rather, Paradise wasn’t done. 

"-Your goals and ideals are similar to heroes. Granted, it is much more extreme, but the premises of protecting innocents and civilians, are the same.

As Paradise was speaking, a ray of sunlight shone through the tall shattered windows. It illuminated the building and reminded all who saw that day-break was near.

"Ah, well, it seems that my time to go-"

Hearing that snapped Azure out of his own thoughts. 

"Like i’d let you leave." Azure said with a sneer as he felt that he had recovered a huge amount of stamina through their needless ramble.

Paradise looked at Azure, who had summoned flames on both of his hands, ready for a fight. Then he said, "It is unfortunate, however, the show is now over. For your persistence and being the only person to survive against me, I’ll tell you some infromation-"

Paridise had his palm facing upwards and a yellowish sphere was centered on his palm. Filled to the brim with dust, it silently floated upwards.

Seeing this, Azure took a moment to process what Paradise was about to do, but when he started dashing towards him, the shere had already floated high in the air, directly in front of Paradise.

"-The name of my quirk is:ꁅꍏꋪꀸꍟꈤ ꂦꎇ ꍟꀸꍟꈤ"

"NO-"

That was all Azure could shout as he watched tons of dirt block both his path and the view between himself and Paradise. 

When he was running with all his might trying to catch Paradise before he escaped, he felt something pass through him. He felt as if he wasn’t in the same space as he was a moment ago.

His flames immediately covered his body, as if his subconscious sensed the danger and wished to protect himself. 

In this mysterious space, he was on high alert, but as soon as it came, it passed. When he felt that he was ‘back’ where he was, he remembered that he Paradise was ‘trying’ to escape.

He dashed towards the cloud of dirt and smoke mixed. However, when he arrived, all he saw was a message made in the dirt.

‘You should try being a hero, it would suit you more.’

"Damn, I let him get away." Azure muttered under his breath. 

Then he lifted his head and looked at the remnants of his past battles. Small whisps of flame littered the area, countless bodies scattered about, the ground and cement caved in and oozing with blood.

Looking around, Azure couldn't tell whether he was successful in this battle. A multitude of villains were killed, keeping the streets and civilians safer.

Even if he let one of the villains escape, since that one 'escaped', then he must have been weak. Although his mind and quirks is powerful, he doesn’t seem like the type to needlessly go on a rampage.

However, this feeling in his heart told him that "allowing" one to escape would be the trigger for an era of carnage and slaughter.

Shaking his head, trying not to think about things he couldn’t control, Azure partially transformed and flew through the severely broken window, that had pieces of glass occasionally falling down.

Little did he know, that this ‘little fight’ of his would be the reason that he was now on the radar of the heroes, police, and villains. By noon, all the high ranking and influential people of Mustafu alal got the same report.

They all had the same thought, ‘It seems that Mustafu will be assuring waves after a long piece." All the influential people issued the same news. "A new powerful person is in town. Be wary. " 

But the villains had an extra sentence in their orders. "- The person has strength equal to the six court guars, Additionally, if spotted, immediately report to headquarters. Also, immediately engage regardless of strength.

The leader of Paradise’s former organization chuckled in his office. He had a dark gaze in his eyes as he muttered.

 "Some newbie enters the scene and those bastards in the other orginazations wet their pants, even warning their subordinates to not engage as long as they are not provoked." It seems that they are getting old for their position. "

The man looked at the single pawn placed on his desk and muttered as he toppled it over, "Let me use this newbie, as a stepping stone to take over the underworld."

The man looked at his dependable assistant, who was bowing and waiting for orders from his superior.

"Brian, order everyone in the organization. Prepare for Prodject:Takedown."

8