(Vol 2) Chapter 39: “A Brother to One.”
140 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(A/N: Disclaimer, this and the next couple of chapters contain some possible contents that may disturb some people.)

__________________________________________________________________________________________

*3rd Pov*

Koochi looked at Azure as he and Pop huddled in a corner on a roof. Knuckleduster had acted all tense when he brought the two of them to an alleyway.

He had said that "it was a serious matter" and "that it concerned the safety of Naruhata." However, when their enemy finally showed up, he looked neither menacing nor threatening.

The master then went and whispered with him, and boom, they were stuck with one extra person for the day. Although the master was sometimes unhinged when it came to work, he was rarely joking and non-serious.

So they went to a rooftop to discuss, and planned to come down after they finished to join up with the newcomer. They didn’t consider that he would also come to the roof. Initially when he arrived they became alert, but he merely went to sit on the ledge and stare at the city below.

They’ve been "discussing" for the past 5 minutes and not even a peep came out of him. If he wasn’t called a threat to Naruhata by the master, Koichi would probably think he was just a shy, non-talkative person who doesn’t know how to communicate.

"~What should we do about him.~"

"Since we're trusting the old man to not lie, then him telling us to "hang out" with him for the day means he’s not completely bad."

"Soooo, let's introduce ourselves since we will be with each other for the foreseeable day.”

Pop turned around and faced the newcomer who also turned to face our diffraction. She walked until she was an arm's length away, “I’m Pop☆Step, I sing and perform songs around Naruhata. "

She extended her hand in Azure’s direction. He first looked at her hand for a second before shaking it while nodding to himself. He looked stiff and would probably appear as an adult that's nervous if it weren’t for the fact that she stood taller than him by 7’ inches.

His bowing was only slightly since the height difference caused him to tilt his head in her direction. He looked at and stood between the two who were obviously waiting for him to answer next.

*Distant City Sounds.*

After not hearing anything, Koichi decided he had better introduce him first. "I’m Koichi Haimawari, I’m a neighborhood helper."

Pop had a vein appear on her forehead. She crossed her arms and pointed her finger at Koichi. "Koichi, You IDIOT you're not supposed to say your full name."

"Ah, right. I-I mean my name is not Koichi, that’s false. B-but I didn't give you any wrong information or anything. I-"

"Azure, I’m called Azure. A vigilante who’s deals with crimes. "

Pop sighed exasperatedly, palming her face. Meanwhile, Koichi, on the other hand, merely scratched the back of his head with his finger.

‘But besides this fiasco, he sounds young?’

"By the way, how old are you? I’m in high school, Koichi is in college."

Koichi slowly turned his head in Pop's direction. He opened his mouth but spoke no words. He had wanted to speak up but remembering the cat "fight" that he had a couple of weeks ago, he decided to close his mouth.

Alas, before he could, a fly flew into his mouth. It landed on his tongue for a mile-second and then  buzzed around his mouth.

While Koichi was coughing exasperatedly, Pop was still waiting for an answer to her previous question. In return, she received a stare that could rival an empty abyss.

A resounding no was what she picked up within the first few seconds of seeing it. She knew that this person had communication issues, but she couldn't tell if this was one or not.

"Riiiiight…Anyways let's get going."

*Timeskip, 3 hours. (2:PM)*

The trio was walking around the neighborhoods, Koichi going above and beyond to assist the residents in their daily lives. Whether that be caring an elderly lady across the street, or returning a wallet.

Azure and Pop were walking on the roofs watching Koichi, Pop was explaining what they do and anything notable to Azure. 

Despite only being said to tag-along for a day, Pop diligently dedicated her time to teaching Azure the rules. This would be a gracious feat that would make most feel in her debt, if the receiver wasn’t Azure. The socially awkward boy let the "kindness" go over his head. 

‘Girls are troublesome.’

He looked at the person who was the same gender as someone his dad had previously spent his life with and wanted and dreamed of him doing the same.

‘Why would anyone want to interact or talk with others?’

"Why don’t you go apply the knowledge I just talked about.”

Azure spotted a villain and jumped off the roof, landing on his knees and beginning to walk in that direction.

At the same time, Koichi had just finished with his errands in this block. He had seen Pop explaining things to Azure earlier.

"Pop, you don’t have to put in that much work into training him. The master didn’t mention anything about him becoming a partner. Not to mention that he doesn’t seem to be the most attentive."

Pop turned around and stared at the civilians as they skipped through the roofs. 

"Thanks, Koichi, but helping him is something I want to do. In my house, the only thing I did was school work, or leave. My mother was barely ever there, so Teaching him makes me think of what would happen if I had a little brother. "

"Little? He didn’t say anything about his age." Koichi scratched his head while slightly dusting his worn out hoodie.

*Sigh*

“How can you be so clueless? The voice, timing, and attitude make it obvious that he’s not that old.”

*Crash*

*Whoosh*

*AAAAHHHH*

"IT'S THE DELIGHTFUL BOMER,"

A man with a wide grin on his face. And with his arms wide open, walked  through the street. Azure quit heading towards his current target. Pop, Azure, and Koichi each ran towards the man. 

3