(Vol 2) Chapter 50: Get Cat-Ified
67 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Recap

Just then, a bee flew over to the cat, holding an injecting needle that was thin and durable, but filled with liquid.

Trigger: A drug that comes in many forms and, at the cost of having the user lose their sanity, powers up their quirks. Essentially, it was a temporary quirk awakening.

Being stabbed and injected with this drug, the cat lost its reason and assimilated the exterior of the bus.

-----

He looked above Koichi and saw a bee hovering with liquid similar to what he's heard about this past month.

Using the distraction and confusion as to the change in the bus, Dante heated up his hands without portraying any flames and he caught the bee in his palm.

"Hm, are you ok?"

"Mhm." 

Nodding his head, Dante looked at the bug in his hand.

‘A bug.’

He crushed the bee while holding the drug in his hands. Shaking it he confirmed his suspicion.

‘This should be it. Trigger, they called it right.’

__________________________________________________________________________________________

‘This is that drug that's causing all the crime around here, right? If I find out who did this, then I can report it back to Stendhal.’ 

Dante’s thoughts slowed as he said that.

‘Report…huh?’

"WAAAHHHH."x20

Dante and the others were on a Cat-Ified bus that was swerving and turning erratically.

The cat-like creature that assimilated to the bus clearly still had the instincts of a cat, and Merley chased shiny objects.  

So every street lamp, glare from a window, and jewelry on some pedestrians' ears were to the cat's liking. The passengers held onto the seats for dear life, not knowing whether they would still be flung around or not.

*Vroom*

"PLEASE DON’T PANIC, HELP HAS BEEN CALLED."

"HOW CAN WE NOT PANI-"

Koichi stopped momentarily to listen out. 

‘What's that noise."

*Vroom.*

"It sounds like an engine." Said Random Passenger 1

"Turbo Hero Ingenium is on the scene." 

"Is anyone hurt?"

"No Ingenium-San."

"What's the situation, driver?"

"Not good, Control over any functions that control the bus won't work. We're at the mercy of this thing controlling it.

Ingenium took another look at the scene. Making eye contact with Dante.

"~A child." He whispered.

Though Dante still picked it up, Being constantly referred to as Tiny, Small, Child, Oni, Demon, or a combination of these terms he picked up on peopels mouths when they said it.

' Last I checked, nobody has an abnormally high body temperature.’

Dante did a scan again and checked. 

"Yup, no Child...oh, he was referring to me."

Dante looked back at the hero, who was contemplating what to do. Looking through the front windshield, two figures could be seen at the end of a road that spit into two.

‘Kazuho and the old man? Wasn't she in school and he out and about?

"Brace for impact."

Most people on the bus closed their eyes, Ingenium was sweating; and Dante got up and got in front of Ms.Haimawari, and Makoto. Koichi was still standing up behind this seat.

‘Can’t allow for them to be skewered . I should be able to heal soon, but this may blow my cover for good.’

Knuckleduster grabbed a weird contraption out his pocket, some duct tape stick together with a feather duster

He threw it in the left direction.

‘A cat toy.’

Diverting its attention, the bus swerved left and, busting through he toll line it entered an unfinished highway.

"With The rate it's going, the bus will fall off the cliff in about 5 minutes,"

Reaching a hand to his skull, Ingenium responded.

"I have no intention of dying today."

"Ingenium, we’ve sent a bus that can receive passengers."

"What." Koichi with his good hearing shouted.

'He sure is loud.’

"We're going to move passengers at these speeds, that's far too dangerous."

"Don't worry, that's where my sidekick Enigma comes in."

A big black blob with 4 buttons going down, and a white mask for a face could be seen through the back windows.

"Come Everyone!"

People started shuffling to the front of the bus where Enigma grabbed two to three at a time and lowered them into another moving car that was keeping consistent speeds with the bus.

"Makoto, Tay, Koichi, you go next."

With more than half already rescued, it was Koichi's group turn.

"Shoko I’m going to be helping with getting the last of the people who fainted to the front and out the door, Dante and Koichi need you. I’ll join you later."

Makoto gently pushed  Shoko's hand away while looking into her eyes.

"Wait-" Koichi was interrupted by the big black blob of a hand.

Looking at the incoming hands, Dante had a bit of an impassive face.

‘Didn’t know that I would be saved, by a hero no less.’

Once landing on his feet, Dante looked behind him for Koichi’s mother's arrival. She arrived safely and they were looking at Makoto who had assited the last people into the hands.

Somewhere else,

"Well It can’t be that easy, or the game would be boring. Let's add an extra dose to the mix."

Dante saw the new bee, the injection, it flying up, everything was within his senses. He instinctively jumped forward with his hand out to burn the bug, that was a distance away almost activating his quirk.

But was caught back by the stomach. The hand that he had been automatically trained to respond to his desires didn't fire. His cover would be shown, which in that case would lead to another can of worms. 

He watched as the cat visibly strengthened, and after taking more drugs, it outsped the rescue bus and drove ahead.

"MAKOTO!" Koichi and his mother Shouted.

‘Damnit.’ 

The rescue car eventually came to a stop, as did the life threatening danger for those present. The adults conversed amongst themselves or with the police as Dante sat off to the side.

"No fuel? You need someone to catch up and give this to you."

Koichi looked at his mother, who’s speaking with the police who was speaking to Ingenium.

‘Ugh…Makoto’s in danger! If only I had an All Might hoodie-Oh wait! The souvenir I bought.’ 

"The man who can move at breakneck speed. The crawler is here." Koichi slipping his hast arm in ran up to the police.

"You got a high speed movement quirk, kid?"

Koichi Nodded.

"OK, times are tough, you've temporarily joined the IDA support team."

"Wait. KOICHI!"

He turned around and saw his mothers distressed face.

"Mom I need to help Makoto, there's no time to wait."

Koichi didn't wait anymore and took the can of gass before speeding off. While he did that Dante looked at the new arrivals.

‘Old man and Kazuho.’

Kazuho walked towards him as the old man went to comfort/distract Ms Haimawari.

"Here."

She handed him a bag filled with his normal Vigilante outfit. Minus that disgusting jacket.

"Thanks for this."

"Don’t thank me, just please help Koichi and Makoto. My quirk isn’t suited for moving long distances, so I'm unfortunately not much help."

"It’s fine, I’ll watch and see if they need help."

Dante put on the jacket and pants over his current outfit and a mask. He looked at the manhole and seared it open with his heated up finger.

He had Kazuho's help opening it before he jumped down. 

As he did, he thought he heard her say,

"Don’t forget to take care of yourself."

0