Chapter 15
327 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Number 3 looked at the others and then nodded his head, and without further informing them he activated "that" method at once. "HAHAH, that pesky bastard, die in a flurry of EXPLOSIONS!" light began to shine behind the ordinary rubble.

And with his words, light filled the area. For an unknown number of times, this building shook from the force. Number 1 who was watching on the sidelines , wondered if this building would fall at any moment.

This time number 3 wisely  didn't laugh at Azure Until he saw his face and confirmed that he didn't just shrug off that attack.

Azure emerged from behind the smoke, panting heavily and with one of his arms transformed into a wing which was several times larger than his current arm length to protect himself.

Looking at Azure's panting self, number 3 finally gloated, "Hah, that's what you get. Where's your arrogant look? Hmmm? Sure, you guessed my quirk, but that super move made it so I could control the time of the explosion. Are you ready to submit it? Or do you want a taste of my explosions again."

Azure still didn't respond to the provocation, but number 3 was content to listen to his adversary's heavy breathing.

The other numbers were also content and happy that their enemy was weak and was going to be defeated soon at this rate. They couldn't wait to see the look of despair he would have on his face.

The only person whose face didn't change at all was number 1. He spoke up after a long while, "Are you done acting?"

______________________________________________________________________________

Azure raised an eyebrow at the comment. Although he wasn't the best actor, he was sure that there weren't many flaws in his performance.

When Azure realized that the villains were neverending and seemed to have infinete morals, he changed his goal and decided to kill all the small fries at once rather than have them kill each other and become disorganized, which didn't seem plausible at the time.

So he played an elaborate act, using a big move making himself seem exausted after and get caught off guard by number 3 becoming even more weak.

Azure did this in the hope that the numbers would underestimate him and his current strength.

With that, he hoped that they would recklessly attack. Then he could use such an opportunity to injure or even potentially kill one of them and save some effort and time.

Looking at the minute changes of details on Azure's face, number 1 thought to himself, 'it seems my guess was correct.'

Number 1 decided to reveal parts of his deduction since he affirmed his findings. "Honestly, your performance was one of a kind. There were hardly any problems or flaws that would point me to heavily suspecting you. "

After that, number 1 took a pause. While Azure merely listened,looking at his expression most people would assume he was uninterested, but in his mind, he was curious as to how he had been figured out.

He wasn't concerned about being ambushed because he had ensured that all of the small-time villains were either dead or would be soon.

He also wasn't worried that his target would get away, this was the confidence that came with strength!

However the person most anxious and curious wasn't Azure, but number 3!

He had been listening intensely, and like a child who hadn't been told the rest of the story before bed, number 3 practically oozed with expectations.

Both Number 2 and 3 were  curious, and number 1, seeing this, continued the explanation of his deduction.

"But instead of your performance having flaws that led me to this conclusion, it was your fight. When you had been circling around the villains, you could have killed them with time, and yet you created a huge sphere, killing a huge number in one blow.

This was not only to reinforce your display recklessness and convince me of your performance but also to get me to underestimate you.

The flaw, however, was that you created the tornado.

We've been fighting for a while, and from what I've observed, your quirk allows you to create flames, and transform into a bird with some regenerative abilities.

If you truly desired to kill all the villains quickly, you could have made that huge ball quickly out of you own flames, albeit that would cost more of your stamina.

But instead, you created a tornado and allowed it to get stronger over time, and when you deemed it to be of an adequate amount of flames, you used your quirk to create that sphere.

This showed your patience and planning abilities, not something that an anxious person would do. Also, when the villains started collapsing before the flames reached them, number 3 decided on something.

He wanted to fight you, so he attempted to go outside of my domain. His arm had passed through the barrier and reached outside when i quickly ordered him to come back.

However, when he came back, the moisture on his arms had receded greatly making his skin look flaked.

This wouldn't be a problem if we weren't so far from the giant sphere. I guessed that you used another move that gradually increased the temperature depleting the moisture in the air and gradually killing a large number of villains easily.

However, what affirmed my suspicion was that when you killed that boy earlier, you killed that boy earlier with your flames, despite there being a number of other ways you could have killed him, like choking him, only burning his neck, etc.

And you, who were dodging my spheres before now, suffered greatly and ended up in such a miserable state that you almost died to this weak subordinate of mine?

This and a few other things cemented my belief that you were faking it and trying to trap me, and your reaction a minute ago finally confirmed my suspicions. "

Azure's mouth twitched as he listened to what number 1 was saying. 'He was able to get so much information from such little encounters, and that's not even counting the fact that the distance between where I fought the villains and where the numbers were currently located was at least 100 feet! '

Azure decided to be more vigilant against any schemes that number 1 was plotting. However, even though he received shocking news, his confidence didn't falter.

After thinking about it for a minute, Azure decided to reveal his own findings. So he raised his head to see the confused face of number 1's subordinates, who didn't understand any of what was just said.

Azure then opened his mouth and retorted with his cold eyes that held a twinkle of amusement, "Then are YOU done acting?"

Hearing the familiar words, the number 1's subordinates couldn't help but have their eyes bulge out, and they said simultaneously, "AGAIN???"

7