(Vol 2) Chapter 27: “I love you 3000.”
221 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Recap

Usually, because the wounds ended up flacking off occasionally, when that happened, Azure’s victims all sucked in a breath every time the wound made contact with air.

However, this Yakuza was especially tough. He didn’t crack even after a couple of hours. He was even conscious!

The Yakuza, hearing Stendhal's remark about them being scum, could not help but scold them inside his head.

He didn’t have the energy to talk, but he could still think properly. ‘You're the ones who raided my base.’

__________________________________________________________________________________________

(A/N: There are more heavy flashbacks in this chapter, but it should be the last one for a while. Also, the characters in this chapter are similar to a mystery egg. I wonder if anyone can tell me who they are imitating and what book they are from.)

{Hint: "I love you 3,000." ///// "You're big. I've fought bigger. " ///// "Puny God"////// "I'm just a kid from Brooklyn."}

*Flashback 1 day*

Yesterday the boys and I were inside a restaurant celebrating the new year. Like the others, this restaurant was going to shut down to celebrate, however after some "persuading" by our crew, they decided to stay open for one more guest.

We had the place to ourselves after we got our food, so with the atmosphere right, they decided to talk about issues and changes that will come with the new year.

"Did’ja hear, Rojiya? I’m hearin' next year our organization’s gettin filed under police jurisdiction.

*Hic*

 We got ourselves a one-way ticket to the villain list. The cops are sayin we Yakuza are just a bunch O’ Immoral fiends, and now we're being treated like all the other piece O’ shits villains out there.

*Hic*"

Taking a sip of sake, I close my eyes to take in the flavor before replying.

"Heh…So we’re gettin’ the full-on villain treatment, eh? Fine by me."

"Bro?" says one of the boys sittin at the table.

"This may just be a sign O’ the times, and all but…THE HELL’S YER PROBLEM, ACTIN’ ALL COOL AND COLLECTED LIKE IT’S NO BIG DEAL, ROJIYA?!"

"T-Tetsu, Bro…"

*Exhale."

After tasting my sake, I replied to the drunk bastard Tetsu.

"A man’s way of life ain’t somthin’ that changes along with the times. Even if All Might himself is staring you down, you gotta stick to your guns, no matter what. "

*Sip*

"T-That’s askin the impossible, bro!"

"MMM…! THATS WHAT I’M TALKIN’ ABOUT. ROJIYA! NOW DRINK! KEEP ON DRINKIN’!"

"Yeah." I reply before tastin some more sake.

*Sip*

After we finished our meal, the boys and I walked down the street, feeling the cold wind brush past us. Although it’s 1 a.m., the lights are on and noise can be heard from the distant shrines. Although we were walking towards the base, I was searching for something.

Whenever I get some sake flowing through my veins and am traveling through the night, I always look for a particular public property to make off with.

"AAH! BRO’S AT IT AGIN!"

I grab the circular-shaped item and return to my walk throughout the night, ignoring the newcomer and his shouts. However, the drunken Testu didn’t.

"HEY, YOUNG BLOOD! DIDN’T YOU GET AN INTRODUCTION ABOUT THE LEADER? HE’S ROJIYA YONENAGA, AN EXECUTIVE OF THE ABEGAWA TENCHU KAI!

*HIC*

OTHERWISE, KNOWN AS MANHOLE ROJIYA! WHENEVER HE FIGHTS OPPOSING ORGANIZATIONS HE ALWAYS TAKES A STANDARD-ISSUE MANHOLE COVER AS A SPOIL OF WAR. A.K.A. JIS COVERS."

(A/N: Japenese Industrial Standards.)

" A DIAMETER OF 60 CM AND A WEIGHT OF 40 KG.  *HIC*, WITH THIS STURDY IRON SHIELD THE BOSS CAN STORM THROUGH A TEMPEST OF HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF BLADES AND BULLETS."

Ignoring Tentsu, we made our way back to the office. I'm drinking more sake to get the buzz back. However, the window crashed and somebody came in. When the glass fell on the floor, we could see that it was only a single assailant that appeared.

Immediately, Tetsu got up and yelled, 

"GRAAHH! WHAT FAMILY SENT YA, HUH?!"

I slowly got up, allowing my comrades to stall the villain for a moment while i tried to figure out the situation.

‘We the Tenchu Kai are a violent organization that has been designated as villains. Our roots can be traced back long before the emergence of the paranormal. All of our executives wield incredible power and have strong quirks.

Not to mention that what made us famous in the underworld was not our quirks but our reflexes. It allows us instantaneous combat. Sneak attacking is useless.’

Just then, the masked crusader, still crouching, opens his palm and sends a blue wave of fire forward.

‘We have the Tank Tetsu, who can almost instantaneously create metal armor that holds great defense. His armor can also shoot lazars, allowing for him to "tank" attacks and attack himself.’

He dodges Tetsu’s blasts by rolling to his right, but Souji is already there, swinging his hammer down.

‘Not to mention the Hammer Souji, who holds monstrous strength, hammers anything in his path. However, not only can he hammer things, but when he swings his hammer down, lighting cracks and splits apart whatever he desires. ’

The man shifts his body to the side, making it so Souji’s hammer only hits the ground. However, instead of jumping back and meeting a muscle-packed fist, he grabs Souji’s wrist which was attacked by his hammer.

Taking a look, I see that our assailant is tiny and wouldn’t be able to lift Souji. This causes me to slightly relax, as in a few moments another heavy-handed fist should reach his back, knocking him out and possibly paralyzing him.

I can’t help but smirk as I think about how we are going to get back at whoever hired this person. We are sending only one person to take out our Tenchu Kai. I wonder who’s so presumptuous. 

(A/N: Young Master Warning!)

But my smile froze as I felt hot. Heat…I quickly thought back to his first attack..fire…flames…burns.

"Watc-"

But I’m cut off by the smell of burning flesh. The screams of my comrades and the sight of Azure blue flames melting Souji’s hands so much that the blood which should be overflowing evaporates before it can stain the floor.

Before things can get too out of hand, a punch rapidly comes toward him. 'That's right, I can’t worry about Souji right now. This punch signifies the end of the fight. I got to keep a straight head. ’

Getting my head in the game, I can see the fight and with my years of experience, it's as if it’s in slow motion.

‘Barehanded Haruhisa is a member who holds a staggering amount of muscle on his body. His strength can crack walls and eventually demolish buildings when he’s serious. Unless you are as agile as a mouse under his hands, you are deemed to be squashed. ’

Luckily for the guy, he jumps in the air, dodging the punch and close to jumping back, giving him some breathing room.

‘Or that would be the case if this wasn’t all according to our plan. Although some mishaps might cost one of our core groups, their sacrifice was all for this moment.

 Our battle-hardened veteran combination’s collaboration was all to force our assailant into this moment where they were airborne. Most of those who try to sneak attack our group ignore me because I appear insignificant compared to the others.

However, this moment when they were in the air and helpless was all made for me. Manhole Rojiya’s finishing blow. ’

The adrenaline is getting to me. I can’t remember the last time that someone not only ambushed us but that they got so far that I had to attack personally.

I can’t help but yell out to this crusader, whether out of kindness to warn them of my attack or out of arrogance and drunkenness. If the sake finally caught up with them, let's see if they can survive an attack they knew about before!

"Damn Bastard face, my might manhole discus throw, or more accurately: A Speed-Of-Sound Flying Guillotine".

The adrenaline rush is almost at its peak. Can they survive? What will they do? I can feel my fingertips almost letting go of the manhole. 

However.

Right before they do, I stop... after a quick scan with my eyes, all of us do. And a new crusader appeared on the windowsill. His mask, which should cover his entire face, is lifted slightly, allowing his snake-like tongue to lick whatever is on his arm.

I hear the man say, "Azure, I'm finished with your demonstration. End this."

I tense up at the prospect of fighting someone else, my mind still not registering that it is not in control of its body.

I’m not able to think anymore before the world turns black. As I fall unconscious, I see cold, emotionless, eyes staring back at me as if following me into the dark abyss of unconsciousness.

*Flashback End.*

________________________________________________

Did you get it? It was Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, and Captain America. Sorry if the beginning was difficult to read, but it was a Yakuza impersonation, so I thought it fit. you like the chapter and we should be done with chapter-long flashbacks for awhile.

Adios'

4