(Vol 2) Chapter 33: “C.C! I want to have your baby’s!”
165 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Recap

I hear it from behind me. Turning my neck, I see the sumo wrestler with his still-painful face talking. 

"Huh?"

"In the building, there was me…and this woman. I damaged my left ear….and leg during the shaking of the building. We sat on the….floor for some hours, but after the itching and pain in my leg got too much to bear so…I pulled it out."

"She had previously been advising…me not to, but I paid no mind. After the pain…increased as my body started to become heavier. My mind…didn’t pay attention to outside, and when I came back you…guys appeared in the….building."

'Somone els-’

I look over to the deck where I walk in and see someone with their foot on the ledge. From this far, I can’t see much about them, but the black jacket covered in grey and their position make me believe that this "mysterious other person" is him.

"Hey wa-"

__________________________________________________________________________________________

(A/N: Many thanks to everyone who helped get this book to 135 favorites, 64 readers and 5.3k views!!!Also, if the POV of a character is ??? and later you see the name in a POV and the perspective seems similar nothing changed I just wrote a new Pov so you all can define who that character that was previously speaking was. As always, I hope you are all enjoying your day and, if you like, leave a comment or review.)

*??? Pov*

*Crack*

*Rumble*

"Ah! The wall’s collapsing!" said random person A from the crowd.

"There’s rubble falling down!"  said random person B from the crowd.

"Get out of there!" said random person C from the crowd.

Looking up, a chunk of rubble is heading straight towards me. I shut my eyes and prepared for the worst.

But after a couple of seconds, I peak out and notice a large shadow over my and the sumo’s head.

"Whoa there! Rescue Complete. "

Looking up, I see Captain Celebrity holding a boulder in his hand. He then flies above the crowd, still holding the boulder in his hand, seemingly parading the boulder as his great save.

"Ladies and gentlemen of the press! Here’s a great photo. "

*Click*

*Snap*

"Ah, Captain Celebrity!"

"Quick take a photo, this is Captain Celebrity. If we can get him on the front page today. *rubbing hands together* we’ll get tons of views."

I turn around and walk towards the medic, away from the crowd, grumbling about Captain Celebrity.

"No wonder he wanted me to carry him. Tch! "There he goes again, taking all the glory."

After I reach the medics and hand them the Sumo wrestler as well as tell them what I found out about his injuries, I walk towards the back of the crowd trying to find someone.

"Now then! Next comes the demolition and removal of the building. But let's spice things up a bit. "

Then suddenly, multiple women in cheer leading outfits come out of nowhere and start sheering.

"Go!"

"Go!"

"Go C.C!"

"Go!"

"Go C.C!"

"Go!"

I turned around and continued walking.

"And now he's brought out a cheer squad.Excessive much? Is this the American way or something? We’ll being an exxagerator is 50% of a hero's job in Japan too. I guess.

 In the end, he did show up and get the job done, so isn’t that all that matters? But this kind of thing is just frivolous, isn’t it? This guy’s got no principles. "

"Koichi!"

*Koichi Pov* (For anyone who didn’t read the A/N, he was the ??? From this and the previous chapter.)

"So that's what you’re actually upset about."

"Ah!"

"Pop?"

"Yeah, I just hopped in after finding you."

"I love you, C.C!"

"C.C! I want to have your baby’s!"

We both started walking away from the crowd that was gradually getting bigger and the incredibly pushy fans who were saying questionable things.

I turn towards Pop and find her staring at me. while nodding her head sagely.

"I agree, he does seem to be obnoxious. He acts like a little kid too. "

‘Little Kid...’

"That reminds me, the Sumo wrestler said something about there being two people in the building. And I saw someone on the roof of the building seemingly running away. Although with that height, maybe it was a kid. "

"Koichi. That's Rude! " Pop stopped walking and turned to me while pointing her finger in my direction.

Raising my hands up, I say, "I just said it could be a kid."

She doesn’t relent, though. "It could just be someone whose quirk makes them smaller. Or an old person who’s like you and merely wants to save someone. Besides, how likely could it be that a kid, of all things, is saving someone. They are self-centered and do not pay attention to the world until they are at least 16. "

Once she finished, she removed her finger and continued walking.

"I guess that's right."

"Of course I’m right, unlike someone." She said, giving me the side eye.

"And a certain skimpy-clothed bimbo, I actually have intellect and not pounds of useless flesh."

I look at Pop's outfit.

"T-These cover all the essentials, and I’m an idol. I wear this for a purpose, whereas others are simply vulgar. " Pop spat with a trace of venom and malice with her voice at the end.

I was trying to figure out who she was talking about when I heard a familiar voice.’

"Nice work everyone! Let's do a team roll call and get ready to move. Don’t forget to hydrate. "

I turned around and said to Pop.

"It’s Makoto from my school."

*Makoto Pov, 5 Minutes Earlier*

‘Sigh.’

I look at my fellow cheerleader who will go on to perform with Captain Celebrity in a few minutes.

'Trying to locate this Hauler is much more difficult than imagined. He appeared at the Godzilla incident with Captain Celebrity yesterday and seems to be interested in saving people.

So I joined as a cheerleader to see if he would pop up here. But he’s not popped up this entire time.’

I mumbled my tiredness and wondered if he would show up at all. Then, out of the corner of my eye, I see a woman struggling out of an alley with something stuck in her leg.

I drop my items, tell the team I’ll be back and head towards her.

"Do you need any help?" I offered my hand for her to lean on, and I started heading in that direction.

"Yes, please bring me to the ambulance. My foot is injured and I need immediate medical attention."

I activate my quirk and inspect her since she is a person of interest.

3