Chapter 33 – I really hate Cultists!
215 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Upon entering the room Talia straight away felt uncomfortable, the room was brightly lit and nicely decorated however despite its clean, tidy appearance she couldn’t help but feel a sense of loathing and disgust as if she was stepping into the most filthy sewer imaginable. 

Holding back the nauseous feeling she straight felt deja vu from actually stepping in such a sewer recently.

Nonetheless, she found that strangely just standing here was far worse.

Instinctively she thought it may have something to do with the presence of the man sitting in front of her.

Taking in his appearance for the first time, the man looked like an ordinary fairly-good looking middle-aged man, he wore a black silk top hat, a fine double-breasted coat and had a thick-black moustache making him appear like a 19th century gentlemen. 

Yet even with his fine-kept looks, she couldn’t hold back the feelings of loathing and hatred towards him.

Talia frowned, she was puzzled why she felt so strongly about a man she had just met.

At that moment, the man tapped the table awakening her from these thoughts, a welcoming smile appeared on his face as he said, “Welcome, I guess you must be the talented young girl I was told about, my name is Alexander I guess I am what you would call the owner of this fine place.”

She just nodded in reply to Alexander whose smile seemed to become a bit forced upon realising that Talia seemed to have no intention of introducing herself.

After a moment of silence Alexander just put it down as Talia being shy, standing up reaching for his cane he said, “A little quiet, are you? Well, that’s fine I guess meeting a bunch of strangers without much explanation may be a bit confusing for you, how about you walk with me so we can get to know each other more?”

Alexander did not even wait for an answer before he began strolling past her leaving the room.

After a moment of contemplation, Talia decided to follow him knowing it would only make her seem more suspicious if she didn’t do anything.

Following Alexanders lead, she walked past the two men who led her to the room earlier.

Both men started moving like escorts straight after she passed them to which Alexander just turned his head back and replied, “You won’t mind if my two bodyguards accompany us, right? You know it’s all for my protection, I’m quite an important figure in the Town you see…”

Ignoring Alexander’s rambling about how important he is, her gaze tensed slightly knowing that things were now becoming complicated. 

However, knowing she had the bracelet provided by the Church which would allow them to intervene she calmed down slightly.

Knowing how precarious her situation was back in the real world she had to gain strength as quickly as possible, although this quest was a risky one it provided rich rewards, therefore, she could not afford to abandon it just because of a little danger.

At that moment she felt sudden fatigue upon remembering how hectic her situation is.

Sighing she alerted the still-bragging Alexander who only realised now that Talia had not been paying much attention to him, “Oh am I boring you? Well, I apologise, I’m not used to meeting guests inside this Town who don’t know the great me, the most kindhearted noble in Stonehead Town, Alexander Ritson! Speaking of which how long have you even lived here….”

The man kept babbling nonsense yet Talia who previously had not been paying much attention to the egoistical noble eyes widened in surprise, she was familiar with the name of the man.

Alexander Ritson was an affluent noble living at Stonehead Town and was a popular figure among players. 

She even completed a quest of his before, however, because he was only a ‘minor’ character at the starting area of the game she ended up not forgetting about him.

The only reason she could recall him at all was that later in the game when Stonehead Town eventually collapsed under the onslaught of a beast tide he was accused and found to be a traitor of mankind.

He received a huge bounty and a great deal of attention with numerous powerful figures chasing after him, yet in the end, there was still no news of his capture.

Some players believed that he was executed and killed in secret, whereas others theorised he was being protected by the ‘dark’ faction.

The truth of the whole scenario involving Alexander remained unsolved up to her death and subsequent transmigration to this strange world.

She had no idea what happened to Alexander in the end, still, it doesn’t change that he was a figure who not only remained in hiding for so many years but had also been able to evade and scheme against the most influential figures of the Kingdom.

This alone showed the foolishness of underestimating the seemingly carefree noble. 

Even if he had been eventually dealt with in the end he still had to be a capable person.

It also meant despite being highly suspected by the Templar Order for years he managed to remain alive and well, if that alone did not show his abilities then what can?

Quickly analysing the situation she almost ended up bumping into Alexander being late to realise he stopped in front of the entrance of a door.

Attempting to act natural she paused alongside Alexander who was grinning brightly at her.

After standing in the same spot for a while she realised that the sense of disgust and loathing she felt from before suddenly grew even higher.

At the moment she felt like she wanted to destroy her surroundings, purifying the air around her.

Sniffing the air she finally realised why the scent and feeling were so familiar, it was the same reaction, but an even more intense feeling of being near the orb back when she was in the Fishkin lair.

The main difference was that she was ignorant about what the object was back then, but now she knew exactly what that aura was, it belongs to the corrupted!

Suddenly she felt the beating of her heart becoming faster and faster, the sense of fear she has towards the unknown beings she met within the orb made her too afraid to move even a step forward.

Alexander who’s previously warm face seemed to have become creepy at the moment.

His bright smile seemed to be frozen on his pale face as he grinned at her, his bloodshot eyes chillingly roamed over her body.

“Did I mention before you have such an intoxicating smell?” Alexander said breathlessly.

Talia just stood still frozen in shock.

“Mmm. I guess I have scared you a bit right? Not good of me, not good, I am the brightest noble in the Town, right? The nicest, the most excellent there is no need to be afraid of me…” Alexander mumbled crazily.

Trying to calm herself down, Talia tried to treat everything as normal ignoring the crazy Alexander as she said, “May I ask why we are here, Alexander?”

Alexander paused for a moment, his ramblings stopped completely that wooden smile relaxed as he said, “You said my name! That’s good, we truly are bonding now, aren’t we? Well, how couldn’t you like the great me? Mmm… yes I like you, it would be good if we could spend some time together after you are converted.” 

“I’m what?” Talia mumbled confusingly. 

Alexander laughed in delight as he said, “Oh yes! You probably have no idea the fortune which has befallen you! You have been graced by the divine, blessed by the dark Gods, chosen to become a vessel of their power. It is a truly great honour!” 

“I don’t think I agreed to anything…” Talia was about to refute him for a moment in an attempt to stall for some time whilst she reached towards the bracelet given to her by the Church.

However, just as she was about to grasp ahold of it an eerie grin filled Alexander’s face as he said, “That little toy won’t do you any good…”

Feeling a sense of shock she knew that the plan has gone wrong, preparing to make a move she was taken by surprise by the quickness of the two men behind her who grabbed both off her arms instantly constraining her.

She felt a pressuring strength that was far above her own.

Her struggling futile she felt a sense of helplessness that she wasn’t able to retaliate at all against the strength of the two men.

“Well that was easy… you’re far weaker than I imagine. The way they informed me about you I was suspecting you to be a genuine threat, but in the end, you’re just some weakling who is way over their head. A little girl who thinks she can fool the great Alexander, the most fantastic and dashing noble in the Town!” Said Alexander smiling manically laughing like a mad man.

Talia just stayed silent throughout his crazy chatter, she was still confident in her trump card which was her ability to shift into a Frost Gecko.

She also possessed her inventory which can equip her with items within a moment, two things that can change the situation entirely! 

Alexander on the other hand who was still mumbling away continued with his lecture towards her, “The silent type, huh? Guess you feeling down after being defeated so easily by the great me… but still, no point letting down my guard against such an insignificant opponent such as yourself, men come on let us sacrifice her to our great God! They have been desperate to devour you, who would have thought that you saved us the work looking for you, bringing yourself to us is something which truly brings me great joy!” Alexander said as he pushed open the entrance to the next room.

Dragged in by the men, she was still accompanied by Alexanders monologue, “You know, I wasn’t sure this was going to be worth it, blowing my cover and having to leave far earlier than planned just for some little, worthless girl, however upon seeing you myself… I can’t but realise the temptation. Your scent is so delicious, I would have wanted you for myself but they promised a big, big reward for you, momentary pleasure is something I can not sacrifice for my goals. So you best obediently stay still whilst I sacrifice you in the name of our Gods, the more you struggle… well the more painful it is.”

At the moment Talia had long been annoyed and irritated by Alexander, her only thoughts at this moment in time was not the fear of death, but one thing, ‘I really hate cultists!’

14