Chapter 41 – Alistair
258 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A few days quickly passed since the trainees received a great strength increase from the potions.

Talia continued to train with them these past few days, originally Ritson and a few of the stronger trainees' newfound confidence at their increased strength felt they would fare much better against her now. 

She soon put any thoughts of those thinking they could now rival her away swiftly with the trainees quickly realising they were not the only ones who have improved greatly. 

Despite contributing her great strength gain to the potions, Talia's progress remained rapid meaning the gap between them only continued to widen not grow closer.

Talia did hold back sparring the trainees as she didn’t want to deter the trainees too much since she knew that only with the resources from the game world was she progressing this quickly, it was not something that could be replicated by a native of this world. 

Yet even with her holding back Ritson and the others always felt that fighting Talia gave them a great deal of pressure, she seemed to be able to easily dispatch their efforts.

Even those with superior swordsmanship with a bolstered physique provided by the potion couldn’t come close to defeating her, making them realise just how monstrous Talia’s physique must be since even when their physiques have become much stronger compared to before they still felt there was a large gap between them. 

However, even though Talia’s physical attributes outmatched the trainees by far, she was still able to continue refining and practice her swordsmanship enabling her to improve this skill further.

What more Talia had been able to begin comprehending the soul techniques she has gained as a reward, she already distributes some time of the day for meditation for refining and strengthening her soul. 

The quality of her soul power was already very high and the methods she had gained can improve this even further, the refinement method fit her very well despite it being a more widely circulated method, not a precious inheritance from a prestigious power, it was a good method for building a foundation into the use of the soul, something she had a major lack of and she would be able to continue with a better method in the future since 

She made decent progress and was already able to start manipulating her soul suppressing her aura consciously, a feat which if Sir Oscar knew would make him laud her as a genius, she was eager to progress this further so she can better hide her powerful soul from true experts.

Talia already knew those sensitive to souls could easily discover how unordinary her soul was, although there were few of such ability, Priest Oscar being rare itself because he was one of most knowledgable about souls in the Church leading him to discover her powerful soul.

Still, she didn’t want to put a risk to herself in the future no matter how unlikely she can avoid it.

Talia also remained busy in the game world since her last meeting with Sir Oscar she had been roaming around the Town completing any daily quests or any quests she had previously discarded due to not viewing them with much importance.

Since she was extending her stay in the Town she had to remain productive, yet since her level has increased so much recently she had only barely been able to raise her level to 27 despite grinding nonstop these past few days, and that was already with her being close to 26 beforehand.

Now that enough time had passed by she will be able to meet Priest Omar the next time she re-enters the game world, yet as big of a deal this was she could not focus on it at the moment.

“Princess, Edward has arrived… he has brought the nobles with him and I’m afraid … Alistair is also with him,” Kaleyn said breathlessly as she seemed a bit flustered showing she rushed to get this news to her. 

 Upon hearing Kaelyn's report a frown appeared on her face.

 Alistair… that was a name that shared a deep past with this body. 

Looking through the memories of this body she realised that the Princess grew up with Alistair similar to Kaelyn.

The difference though was they didn’t share a great relationship, a reason why she ended up not reviewing the memories she shared with him since she had been gradually processing the memories viewed sorting through the ones with more importance. 

 However, she also realised another thing.  

‘The Princess had an inferiority complex compared with him’ 

Alistair was the son of Duke Alcheton who is a key figure in the Kingdom.

His territory encompasses the border between the Kingdom of Alcaria and its neighboring Kingdom Blackfure was a powerful rival that has been challenging the Kingdom for years. 

It was also why he avoided the disastrous defeat alongside her parents and Sir Gregory who was badly injured as a result.

He possessed Tier 5 strength and was already more powerful than Sir Gregory at his peak was never mind now.

 Since his strength was extraordinary and he controlled an elite military force at the border he was an essential character in the Kingdom and a great aid to her parents. 

Alistair as his son was also extraordinary having already become a Tier 2 Warrior at his young age, he was a few years older than the Princess but this was still impressive and he would even be considered fairly talented in somewhere as large as the Empire. 

Since the Princess was younger and was always following behind this talented boy who her parents viewed very highly she saw him as her rival stealing her parent's affection. 

 ‘Silly thoughts of a young girl’ Talia sighed, the Princess's parents were raising Alistair to be a great aid for the Princess giving her opportunities to improve his impression of her from a young age, yet the Princess completely misunderstood this as them showing favouritism towards Alistair.

 From the memories of the Princess she quickly realised Alistair was talented in all aspects not just cultivation, he was even more capable than his Father was at his age who was a talented man in his own right. 

’It would be a good idea to win him over, I doubt person like him would truly follow a low life like Edward’

Although he was alongside Edward at the moment she still had thoughts of winning him over as she had a decent impression of his character from her previous memories.

The Duke is also a person I would need to win over if I want to properly ascend the throne. 

The good thing is he should not be working with the Governor since Sir Gregory definitely wouldn’t have been able to hold out this long purely by himself if such a character was to act against him. 

 Before she was a bit naive thinking that Sir Gregory alone had deterred the Governor in reality it was central figures like the Duke who remained neutral on the sidelines, although they didn’t actively help her it didn’t mean they would let the Governor openly ‘remove’ the liege they were a loyal sole child.  

‘However, although the Duke feels distasteful towards the Governor for what he’s doing, he also doesn’t think highly of the Princess either’ 

The Duke is a sensible, straight thinking man who wanted what’s best for the Kingdom, although he disliked the Governor and was very loyal to her father, he still knew the Governor ran his duties very well before showing he was capable of running the Kingdom yet the Princess on the other hand in recent years has been treated like she was an incompetent heir who lived off the good reputation of her parents. 

‘Anyways I better head over to the duel quickly…’ Talia thought knowing that none of the trainees would be a match for Alistair even with the strengthening from the potion.

 ‘Looks like it’s time for a rematch…’ Talia smirked recalling all the spars she and Alistair shared when she was younger when he trounced her every time. 


13