Non-canon: Learning to curse
17 2 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

To let the protagonist curse freely without remembering anything nearly as embarrassing as this, I decided to cut this. As much as this would make them a better character, this allows for a more on target character down the line. I may reuse this in some variation for another character later. It is set at an orphanage nursery.

Very heavy cursing.

My psi has allowed me to memorize enough words to attempt to attempt to say my first word. I've heard him say this one when he has to change diapers. I open my mouth to talk to one of the nurses and "Shit!" She suddenly starts to yell at the caretaker. I don't know what they are saying, but I can guess it's about what I said. I don't know what I just said, but apparently it was a curse word...

(Some time later)

First word take two. I have a good feeling about this one. He says it cheerful at the end of sentences. "Bitch!" The nurse just frowns. I don't know when exactly, but at some point the caretaker gets a black eye. Maybe this word isn't good either.

(Another shorter period of time)

Another word. I've got a good feeling about this one. He only says it when the nurse is in the room, so it can't be a curse word...  "Tomboy!" Her face seems to fall flat.

(After a nap)

Attempt four. Another word I've heard only in the same sentence as the third. While not the best place to look if I'm right... "Cunt!" She smiled gently. Name confirmed.

It wasn't until much later that I learned she smiled in resignation.

I am currently using the editor to iron out the power system. By doing a dry run where concepts are put to paper, I can figure out what works and edit without subjecting readers to consecutive rewrite hell. Until then the novel is to remain unreleased.

0