Jason Quill
462 6 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Here comes the Complaints. Just know that Brian is very powerful. If he was in true danger, his full strength would destroy the whole universe.

This Arc is going to be less about fights and more about some slice of life. Bah, who am I kidding, you guys already know how I write. Just enjoy.

15 chaps in my Patreon. Patreon.com/Saintbarbido.

::-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------::

(General P.O.V)

"Peter, do you understand why you and your brother are here?" 

The stern eyes of the middle school principal asked the two boys. One had a small smile on his face look while the other one had a look of defiance on his face. 

"Well?" 

"Sorry Mrs. Stonberg." 

Jason begun before Peter interrupted him. 

"He was bullying us. Someone had to stand up to him!" 

Jason sighed in a little frustration and pinched his brother under the table. 

"What my brother wants to say is that, Nathan tripped and fell. On my fist." There was a brief silence as Peter started giggling. Mrs. Stonberg's face got uglier. Jason continued as if he hadn't noticed the mounting anger on the principal's face.

"And then he slipped again and Peter had to use his feet to hold Nathan up before he could fall to the ground."

"I'm calling your mother." 

The expressions on the twin's faces quickly changed.  

"Shit."

Meredith Quill was a beautiful woman. She worked hard as a waitress to ensure her boys were provided for and was always there for them. Right now a scowl was on her beautiful face. She looked at the rear view mirror and saw the twins looking grumpy and apologetic after the tongue lashing she had given them. 

Her anger cooled off and the angry expression eased up. She sighed. It was a monumental task to stay mad at them for longer than 5 minutes no matter how much she tried. 

"We're sorry Ma." 

The younger of the two, Jason said softly, perfectly attacking her at just the right moment. He had timed it well, knowing that she couldn't stay mad for long. 

"Yeah I'm sorry Ma." 

Peter added, following his brother's move. With that done, a smile appeared on Meredith's face. 

"It's alright boys. What do you say we go for ice  cream?" 

"Alright!" 

"I want matcha! And Strawberry no…Vanilla!" 

Peter added enthusiastically. 

Meredith laughed the whole ride. After the ice cream, the Quill's went back home for the day. Unaware of the events about to play out. 

(General P.O.V)

Fate has always been an enigma. Even to powerful beings like Brian Parker. Without the conscious effort to detach themselves from the enigma that allowed chance happenings and occurrences that led to certain events playing out, the world would seek to align future events according to it's own whim. A whim that more often than not was a parallel to it's alternate worlds.

A whim that could be swayed just as easily by cosmic beings who govern over different aspects of reality. One of whom was…lady death.

For example, almost every version of Peter Parker gets bitten by a radioactive spider or something similar. Almost every Steve Rogers ends up as Captain America and almost every Meredith Quill dies when Peter Quill is 8 years old. 

In this world however, Meredith Quill did not die of terminal cancer. And she had her second son to unknowingly thank for that. Brian Quill did not know that due to the intense life force that had leaked from his main body when his soul had landed in the embryo of Peter's twin, he had unwittingly saved his mother from a predetermined death. An action that Lady Death took as a personal affront. 

Now despite all her power, she couldn't detect where the anomaly had come from. All she could sense was that Jason Quill had something to do with it. Something she wouldn't normally give a rat's ass about. Except when she was denied. 

Meredith Quill's death was written in the books. And so it would happen. No matter what. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brian had messed up. The plan had been solid. He'd reached out to a sorcerer who had used magic to persuade Meredith to buy a pendant. A pendant that was enchanted with a stable magical circle to act as a relay for Brian's soul and also enhance fertility.  

The increased fertility would lead to Meredith releasing more than one egg, causing the chances of fraternal twins to go up exponentially. 

He had also done his best to cover the temporal fluctuations caused by his appearance, successfully going under the radar of the T.V.A. 

But Brian had not accounted for how part celestial D.N.A would influence his soul. The change was not visible. But due to the natural phenomena of the actualization of a new soul when a new creature is born, Brian had lost access to something of great importance to him. 

His memories.

So he had no idea of what to expect. He had an uncanny matureness that was strange for a child and could predict certain things before they happen. Weird things also seemed to happen around him and his brother Peter. 

There mom suspected that the weird occurrences was due to their father being someone from outer space. So she decided to love them despite everything else. And due to that dedication, Jason and his brother had led a good childhood. 

Jason however felt that something was always missing. Ever since he could remember that feeling had always stayed with him. A void that he couldn't fill. Not even with the warmth of his close knit family. It reached a point where Jason resigned himself to a life of never knowing what he was searching for and to tell the truth…he was fine with that.

It was during the night when Jason's eyes shot open. A shiver ran down his spine. He had a feeling that something bad was about to happen. He jumped out of his bed and ran over to Peter's room. He opened the door and found that Peter was wide awake as well, shivering even more than him. 

"Jason…I" 

There was a loud crash as the front door of their house was violently broken down. Jason shared the look of wild panic on his brother's face as they heard numerous steps entering his house.  

"Who are you? Speak up or…or… I'll shoot."

Their mother's voice came, scared yet serious than they had ever heard her. Not even when they lost their grandpa.

"Miss Quill. Put down the gun and we can talk like civil adults."

"You break into my house and expect me to act civil? Eat lead motherfucker."

There was a shotgun blast that heralded a gun fight.

"Fuck! She went upstairs!"

Meredith appeared before her kids, in pajamas and a rifle held in one hand. She had a determined look on her face as she scooped up her kids in a huge bear hug. 

"Mom…"

"Shh. Don't worry Kids. I won't let anything bad happen to you."

Meridith showed what was in her other hand and gave the mixtape to Peter. She then proceeded to remove the Pendant on her neck and put it in Brian's hands. 

"I love you both so much. Never forget that. Now go! Find somewhere to hide and when this is all over, escape. Okay?"

Peter shook his head, tears falling down his cheek.

"Mom… you're hurt. Why are you bleeding mom?"

Meredith grit her teeth to endure the pain. A bullet had gotten her straight in the belly. She had hoped they wouldn't notice but they did. 

"Miss Quill that wasn't very nice you know."

The same sickly sweet voice said snidely.

"Jason take your brother somewhere and hide. Now!"

Jason complied and pulled Peter to his bedroom, securing the lock behind him. 

His heart hammered in his chest as he looked at Peter and whisper shouted.

"Peter, help me pull the closet to block the door now!"

"But mom!"

His lips quivered.

"She'll huh… she'll be alright. Come on. It's mom."

He smiled, trying to reassure his twin.

"She's gonna be alright and then tomorrow we'll go for ice cream like we always do. So don't worry about her."

They flinched when they heard the sound of another rifle shot. Peter nodded and helped push the heavy closet to the door. With that, they were safe for a minute but Jason went over to his sheets and started trying them together. 

"Jason, do you think the bad guys went away?"

Peter's voice was small as he said softly. 

Things had been silent for a minute. Jason didn't answer his twin. After tying makeshift rope made of sheets to the frame on the window, Jason threw it and motioned to Peter.

"We need to go and get help."

Down at the living room, four men were surrounding Meredith. Two of the men were holding her hands from behind while the third one, was smoking a cigar while humming. Meredith looked up at the man who was undoubtedly the leader with hate filled eyes.

"Boy, I gotta tell you." The man who had plain features tapped on his chest.

"If it wasn't for the bullet proof vest, I'd be a dead man."

"What do you want?"

Meredith ground out. The man took a slow drag and sighed.

"I really need to quit smoking. Then again, the only other thing that gives me the same euphoria is killing." He crouched closer to Meredith and smiled. Though his eyes were cold. 

"I can't go around killing everytime I miss that feeling now can I?"

Meredith's eyes shook.

"Please. Just leave us alone. We haven't done anything...you monster."

The man pulled away in mock hurt.

"Monster? I'm not the one who shot a rifle at me and my men and killed one."

The man's face changed and he suddenly slapped Meredith. Her head was knocked to the side, and a red bruise appeared on her face.

"That's for earlier. Now, I'll tell you what I want. Your sons, they are...special."

Meredith's heart grew cold. Her thoughts took her back to that fateful day when her father had passed away. The day when she had decided to love her children no matter who or what they were. She couldn't let these monsters get anywhere near her babies!

She strained to move from the men holding her back.

"Stay away from my boys you sick fuck! I'll kill you if you think of even touching a single hair..."

The man quickly drew his sidearm and pulled the trigger, putting a hole between Meredith's forehead.

He yawned and stretched a little. No one said anything for a few seconds as he sucked on his cigar.

"Get the brats."

There was a scramble of feet as the men ran up the stairs to follow the order. 

The Leader cast his gaze at Meredith and sighed. 

"A pity. She was quite the looker."

His hand went to his pocket and came out with an old picture. A picture of Jason standing in the middle of a playground with energy pouring off him in waves.

This was why he was here. A couple of years ago, a huge discharge of energy had been detected by shield systems. The anomaly had been traced to St.Charles Missouri. People had reported a blue energy wave that exploded out and messed with radios and other electronics.

By chance, a man at the town's park that was undergoing renovation took a picture before his camera fried. A picture of a kid floating inside a bubble of energy as an older man tried to reach out to him. The tape had been unusable but SHIELD specialists had finally managed to reconstruct it. 

That man was Jason's and Peter's grandfather who had died that day due to Jason. Hydra had gotten hold of the picture and now they had decided to abduct the twins and brainwash them to be a part of their nefarious organization.

Upstairs, the gunshot that rang out gave rise to the feeling of cold dread inside Jason. His mom...he held back his tears as he turned to a stubborn Peter

"We...we gotta get out of here."

Peter shook his head while moving back.

"What about mom…we can't leave her!"

Jason's hand forcefully pulled on Peter.

"You're going to make her sacrifice useless if we don't take this chance."

"Sacrifice what do you…"

"She's dead Okay!… she's dead." Jason's eyes got wet. His palm was around the pendant he had gotten from his mom and the warmth that had been there…was gone. He knew it. Just like he knew that if they didn't take that chance and flee...it would be over.

He hurriedly wiped his eyes and stared at his brother.

"We need to go. Mom would want us to run."

Peter was too stunned by Jason's words to do anything else but nod and Jason threw the rope through the window then urged his brother to go down. 

"No you go first."

Peter told him softly, still in shock. There was a loud bang on the door and the twins looked at each other wide eyed. Peter went silent and quickly started climbing down. 

"Knock knock...I just want to talk to you kids."

"Come on hurry!"

The younger twin urged the older brother. The ropes weren't strong enough to carry both their weights so he had to wait until Peter got down.

"Ok. Knock it down."

There was a pause and then, boom! the closet that had blocked the way was thrown to the side. The house shook and Peter lost his grip, falling the rest of the way. Fortunately he landed on a flower bed and got up wincing.

It was too late for Jason however. He looked down at Peter and shouted with fear in his eyes. 

"Ruuuuun."

16