Demonstration Of Power
1k 4 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A Pervert's Dream is going on a short break. I've decided to complete it first and then do a mass upload because my full attention is focused on Aden Strong. Which was supposed to debut at the middle of this month.

I won't lie to you guys, I have the ending of A Pervert's Dream ready to wrap up but lately, my attention has been on Aden Strong which I'm uploading today. 

A few things you should know about that book is that, it will only feature the DC-verse. I've learnt from writing Aden Strong that things go awry whenever my MC starts hopping to other fictional realities. Note that i said, The DC-VERSE which includes it's alternates so yeah. 

There is a balanced power gain and the narrative is smoother than my usual writing. Please check it out. A Pervert's Dream will be back Next Week.

::-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------::

More chapters in my Patreon.

( Brian's P.O.V)

"This will be your room." Scott led me inside the spacious room. "The showers and bathroom are communal and right down the hall." 

I turned to face him. 

"I thought I would share the room with someone else." 

I asked Scott with a raised eyebrow. He scratched his head and managed to look sheepish behind his glasses. 

"Well…it was decided that given your unique circumstances, you'd stay alone before you're properly evaluated."

I rolled my eyes at the weak excuse. 

"In other words Xavier doesn't trust me because he couldn't get into my mind and sift through my memories to find out if I have an ulterior motive or not." 

Scott blinked at me a but surprised. 

"No…we…" 

"Don't deny it. You have one of those faces that can't tell a lie to save themselves. In any case," I stepped up to the curtain and drew them away from the window. "I'm good with staying by myself. I hate sharing."

"Alright. Dinner is at six. That pamphlet on the table is a basic schedule of the programs we have. Go through it and I'll see you soon." 

Scott instructed and left me to my devices. I jumped on the only bed in the room and smiled as my body melted on the soft mattress. A frown appeared on my face as I thought about how things had drastically changed for this body. 

I hadn't had time to really process everything and now that I was alone…I started recalling everything with a scary clarity. Hydra had killed my mother, Peter was probably already in space and The Watcher was probably going to come for me soon. 

All of my questions, insecurities and fear cycled back to one startling conclusion, power. I needed to regain my full strength. Let's be clear, I hadn't lost it all or anything. The problem was this body. It was too weak to allow my full strength. In my astral form, I could use it all because there were no biological constraints holding me back. The problem with that is that I wouldn't be able to efficiently interact with the physical world. Which was a must if I was going to go for the Infinity Stones.

Infact, truth be told, I could just say fuck it and gather the stones within a week. It was that easy. But this was my last chance for a life with... her before I died fighting Asuma. which is why I decided to take things slow. I brought up the Auxiliary system Mission Assignment Function and read through it, marvelling at how efficient The Interface actually was. 

It was crazy to think that I essentially built my own System from scratch. That I had access to a quantum super computer designed to work on a multiversal scale and was virtually infinitely incomprehensible. I barked out a laugh while surveying it's functions. Through this Aux System, I could access the functions of the Main System that was monitoring the situation with my real body in the future. And although it wasn't as good as the Main System it was more than enough; I'd never relied that much on the system for anything more than analysis really.

There was a soft knock on the door that pulled me out of my thoughts. I pushed myself off the bed, grumbling at already missing the softness and opened the door.

" Yes?" 

I asked a young boy wearing specs standing out in the hallway before the door. He had black hair, freckles and looked to be about 8. So, my age basically. Or at least this body's. 

"Hi, I'm Johnathan, my room is just a few doors down. I'm here to show you around."

"Cool. Let me just grab my hood." 

I went back inside and came out wearing a green hood, mentally reminding myself to do some clothes shopping soon. 

"Great, follow me. First stop, the dining hall." 

I looked at the excited mousy spectacled boy and smiled. 

"So Johnathan…" 

"Oh my friends call me Jon Jon." 

I raised an eyebrow at his interjection.

"Ok. Jon Jon, what is your ability?" 

He shuffled a bit nervously. 

"Huh…x-ray vision." 

I looked at him and chuckled. 

"So the girls in the institute…" 

"Not my biggest fans." 

He answered sending me to a full blown, laugh out loud chuckle.  

"Shit, sorry man."

He shrugged while adjusting his specs. 

"I'm used to it plus I think my ability is really cool you know? Some mutants are not that lucky. One of the students has the ability to read while he's asleep." 

I stared at him, skeptically. 

"That makes absolutely no sense." 

"Exactly."

We made our way down the stairs and met a few more students coming up. These ones however were dressed differently from the others. There were 3 of them, a blonde kid about 13, a cute girl with brown hair who also looked the same age and a slightly older black boy with blonde hair. 

A wide smile broke out on Jon Jon's face. 

"Kitty you guys are back!" 

He gleefully said and jumped up to hug the girl.  

"Hey Jon Jon." 

Kitty matched his smile as she rubbed his hair affectionately. Taking into account her looks and name, this was probably Kitty Pride, otherwise known as Shadowcat. 

"Out of the way, shortie." 

The blonde haired kid said, slamming Jon Jon's shoulder, to continue his stomp up the stairs. I crossed my hands and frowned 

"Evan, not cool." 

The other boy, who I was sure was Bobby aka Iceman admonished him.  

"Fuck off." 

Evan shot back and continued up the stairs. We made eye contact and I shot him with an unimpressed look. 

Evan looked away and continued up the stairs. 

"Don't mind him. He's just frustrated we couldn't beat Kurt today in the danger room." 

Kitty smiled at Jon Jon and I to comfort us.  

"Yeah but that behavior is getting old Kitty. He should learn to treat others better. Anyway, you must be a new student." Bobby turned to address me. 

"Yeah, I'm Brian. Nice to meet you."

"Cool. I'm Kitty and this is Bobby." 

They introduced themselves and we shook hands.  

"Kitty, I'll see you later after I'm done showing Brian around." 

"Okay. Bye for now." 

She waved at us while they continued upstairs.

"Come on." 

I nodded at Jon Jon and we continued the tour while making our way towards the dining hall. A hour later, dinner was served and I got to meet even more students. I also learned about the Xmen some more, which is when I found out that they were composed of characters from X-Men first class, the original X-Men and even X-Men Evolution, based on Evan's appearance. 

Him, Kitty and Bobby were X-Men in training and would usually run simulations and fights in the danger room with Kurt aka Nightcrawler. I was curious about Mystique and found out that her together with Quicksilver were out in the world, trying to rescue any mutants that needed help and bring them back to the Institute. After dinner was finished, The Professor called me to his office. I said goodbye to Jon Jon and left for Xavier's office. 

I knocked gently on the door and felt the same telepathic link try to connect with my mind. I rolled my eyes and pushed the door open. 

"You still haven't given up?" 

I asked him, a bit miffed. 

"No, that was a test to see how good your mental walls are."

"And?" 

The Professor smiled at me and reached out a hand towards the chair Infront of me. 

"Why don't you take a seat?" 

I wordlessly did so. He stapled his fingers together and looked at me earnestly. 

"I am sorry." 

Well that was unexpected. My feelings must have shown on my face as he smiled a little and explained himself. 

"I'm apologizing for my behavior towards you when you arrived here earlier."

"And for trying to read my mind again a few seconds ago." 

I added making him laugh. 

"And for that too. I feel like explaining my wariness towards you. A few days ago, I picked up on the aura of a strong mutant. A mutant that was unlike any I've felt before. The power they were giving off was astronomical. Before I could track down that mutant, their energy disappeared suddenly."

I looked at the expectant look on his face and sighed.

"And you think that that mutant is me?" 

He shook his head, assuaging my concern.

"I know it is." 

Instantly, I went on guard. If he knew that then it meant he was one of the few people closest to knowing the actual truth of what I'd done. I couldn't let that happen. I wasn't ready for a pissed off Sorcerer Supreme. 

The Professor felt tension fall into the room and raised his hands. 

"I am not accusing you of or condemning you for anything. I was just curious and vigilant. Which I am sure you will understand, given the delicate situation in our hands. More mutants are emerging and we cannot allow the greater populace of humans to judge us based on a few of our kind." His tone changed, becoming stern and uncompromising. "So I propose a demonstration of your abilities. Prove to me that you're in full control of all that power hiding deep inside you. Prove to me that you're not a threat to our society. "

The tension eased out of my body as I eased back into the chair.

"And how do you propose we do that?"

(The Next Day)

I knelt down and scooped up soil from the slightly wet ground. 'It rained last night', I thought. I rubbed the soil in my palm and allowed it to fall through my fingers. I then breathed in the humid air while looking around. I was on a hill that ended in a cliff overlooking the whole jungle. 

My feet took me towards the cliff as the sound of a low engine hum rang out through the whole jungle. 

"And so it begins."

I was dressed in a full X-Men costume, courtesy of Hank McCoy. The only thing it missed was the X logo. The suit was similar in design to the first class movie, yellow and black costume.

The other option would have been to use the Valiant outfit and that would have raised even more questions from Xavier. No thank you.

The X-men's blackbird dubbed the X-Jet landed in an open space further into the jungle. From my perch I saw the whole team, disembark from the jet and Scott begun to relay his orders. Originally, Xavier had wanted me to face off against the xmen trainees, Shadowcat, Spyke and Iceman but through some convincing I was now up against the OG team. 

There was a brief before Storm and Kurt flew off and teleported away respectively. No doubt to scout. I'd dug myself into a hole by saying that all I had was Telepathy, telekinesis and Energy manipulation. That meant I couldn't use Extendo or any other abilities apart from those. Luckily, I was strong even while reduced to just those 3. Jean brought her hands up and placed the fingers on the sides of her head to focus and I felt a telepathic sweep flow through the jungle. 

I disguised my neural activity to levels similar to an ant but cursed out once she opened her eyes and pointed towards the cliff I was on. I'd forgotten that just because everything in this space looked real, none of it was. The Danger room replicated a given space through advanced holographic projections and a complex computer tactical matrix.

The only mind alive inside the area apart from theirs was mine! It didn't matter how low I disguised it. With a bamf and a tiny explosion of purplish black air, Nightcrawler teleported in. I stepped back from his outstretched hand having felt his mind and released a point black Psi-magik energy blast. The blue beam seared through the trees, ruining the natural vegetation around me and announcing my presence.

Nightcrawler teleported in again but this time with backup. Scott and Jean. The former didn't waste time and immediately let loose a concussive beam towards me. I flew up in the air and used telekinesis to increase the gravity by 2 times in a 20 meter radius, sending them both to the ground, groaning.

Nightcrawler teleported above me with the trunk of one of the cut down trees from earlier and dropped it on my head. The Professor must have warned them about taking it easy on me. Smart of him. A raise of my hand and the tree was firmly in my grasp. Meanwhile, Nightcrawler had teleported beside Scott and Jean and taken them out of the gravity zone. 

I waved my hand to the left and the tree shot off, successfully colliding with Beast, who was thrown away back into the jungle. There was another bamf! Sound and Nightcrawler appeared with Cyclops and Miss Marvel, far away from the localized gravity zone. Following their return, I felt a telekinetic pull on my improvised weapon and smiled. Jean. The pull was incredibly weak however.

"You want it so bad, take it."

I said and pushed the makeshift projectile towards them. Jean strained to hold it back and just when it seemed to be futile, a streak of blue lightning shot off from the skies followed by the crackle of thunder.

"Enough!"

Storm arrived, her eyes glowing white and showing that her moniker, The weather goddess wasn't for show. 

14