Chapter ~ 1
139 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

.......…..……………...…………


Around October 27, 2015 at 6 pm in the afternoon, a strange and anomalous event appeared. 


It was around that very specific time and date where everything considered normal broke free from their restrictions and war reoccurred.


It was beyond everyone's expectations; creatures far from human knowledge begun popping up with their every origin unknown. 


Moreover, these creatures were invulnerable towards bullets, bombs and etc. It gave a large blow to humanity and hope vanished,


implying that new hope should come and take matters for resistance. 


—At 12 am, midnight of October 27. ‘That’ finally appeared as how everyone wished it would be.


Hope, like bright sprinkles and chocolates. Human girls, specifically around 14 - 15, appeared one by one.


It started with a pink haired girl who was dressed up fashionably, her dress coated with fine pink diamonds and her pink hair shining with silver glitters. 


What came after her were another set of similar outfitters with multiple yet different color schemes.


They named themselves Magical Protectors. 


But others thought of the name as a hassle.


Hence, they were renamed Magical Girls. 


A group of adolescents who had to carry the responsibilities of saving the world like those girls in shows people watch on TV as a child. 


The most knowable factor surrounding them was that they sign contacts with strange yet fluffy looking animals called Demi - guardians. 

And using the power from their contacts, they fight the Invaders.


It had been seven years since then…


“Hello everyone! Today, we're interviewing the fifth generation of Magical Girls, Alphabet! 


As everyone could see here, we have our magnificent Magical Duo, Alpha and Beta. Girls, come on and say hi.”


The female reporter waved her hand as she gave her microphone to the red and blue haired girls beside her. 


They were wearing an odd set of costume, it was half a dress and half a short. Both their outfits colored almost similar to their hair color and was rather paler and darker.


“Hello,” Said the blue haired girl bashfully. 


Beta lowered her blue eyes in shyness as she hurriedly nudged her older sister, Alpha, to speak. 


“Heyo everyone! Haha! Don't worry about Beta, she's just sheepish because she's new to this!” Alpha stated as she performed a haughty laugh. 


The reporter smiled and continued to speak. After asking a few questions, the reporter took a glance at her notebook and asked:


“A citizen who calls themselves MB wonders if there were any possibility of having a boy become a magical protector (girl) . They specify that as someone who comes from a renowned Magical family, do you think there would be any exemptions?”


Alpha paused and her smile froze. 


Beta raised her head and answered with uncertainty, “As far as I'm concerned, I think it's impossible. Everyone in our family has magical girls only, moreover, there are barely boys in the lineage.”


Alpha finally had an idea and grinned, “Beta, you are correct! Plus, if boys want to be a magical protector, they'd be gay, and that sounds awful. Would you want to wear sparkles and glitters as a boy? Though I do not have any prejudice against it, it sounds and looks disturbing. I will say that it's better to become a—”

Her later words became gibberish as I tapped the button to move to another channel. Right away, I was welcomed with a woman who began speaking about history.

A terrifying appearances of magical rifts appeared within the realm of normality. The average life of many were disturbed, after all, except it's harmless appearance, the monsters that appeared were very much frightening. 


Demi-Devils or Invaders are creatures with horns that span around 5 quantity around their head. A large head and slightly hunched back, half of it's look is quite similar to japanese demons (oni) yet not alike. 


It it the catalyst of doom, the bringer of disasters. Having it's notorious dimension shifting and negative influence made it hard to catch. 


But someday, when people's hope is lost. A bridge of faith and new hope arrives. Magical girls, other names, demi-humans. The source of their powers come from certain demi-animals. Small creatures about the size of a thumb. It normally is shaped like a cat, bunny, bird, etc..


Elements is a group of magical girls who first had their appearance during the war between invaders. The leader is called Wing, while her group mates are respectively called River, Dawn, and Leaf. 


After them, a second duo group arose. The twins, Wu and Yu. After them, there was no more magical girls. They, the six of the chosen ones, had to fight using their small numbers against the villains (enemies) but with the power of love, magical, sparkles and cuteness....The world will be saved!—”


I did not hear the words I want. 


Displeased, I turned off the television and rolled onto my bed. 


My eyes wandered around my room which was incomparable to someone else's. 


After dazedly staring at places I would at times, I let out a yawn and dozed off to sleep. 


I wrapped myself up into a bundle inside my quilt.


Today was yet another unsatisfactory.


No matter how much I research nor ask for that, even for a tiny bit of possibility, all were replied by words bearing none, throwing me into that path of uncertainty.


All I wished for was to become a magical protector, but, as I male, I was unable to.


I could no longer support my thoughts as I finally slept.

 Round around the coldness of the night, I can only dream. 

That was the only place where my wishes could be achieved.

_____


I was abruptly woken from the increasing temperature of my room.


It was extremely hot. 


I groaned unhappily as I rubbed my eyes open, I seems to hallucinate as well for every view or glance I took would seem to wobble like I was seeing a visible heat wave. 


This woke me up immediately. 


It was very confusing, the event taking place was out of my knowledge. I knew for sure that it was the midnight, not afternoon. 


I was sweating furiously as I threw away my quilt to salvage the most cold I could get. It was blinding me and I felt like I'm about to faint. 


What the hell was going on?!


“Hey, kiddo!”


I diverted my attention to a vague silhouette by the sill of my window. I could barely see the creature looking at me through their emerald eyes. 


“Who are you!?”


I devastatingly questioned. It was not without a clue that this creature was behind of my current situation. Just as it heard my integration, it cheekily let out a smirk and a scary giggle.


“The name's Neon.”


It replied after a momentary laugh. 


Behind the darkness it was sitting at, it's eyes curved into crescents as it chuckled once more. 


“W-What are you...What do you want!?” 


I was not placid as I wiped my sweat. My voice stuttered as I gulped my saliva, it was inhumanly hot, my lips were dry and thirst filled my throat. 


“Eh,”


It stared at me and didn't speak more. I became troubled after the silence it showed. I frowned as my brows furrowed deep, it seemed to hesitate from the gaze I received. 


“...I'm a demi-guardian; type of a bird.”


Finally it answered, though, only the former half of the words I've asked.


Upon hearing it's reply I became dumbfounded.


Demi-Guardians were rare beasts that came from a world different from mine, they originated in a place where Invaders came from.


Also, they were the origin of magical girls.


Without them, magical girls wouldn't exist.


And when I heard it's introduction, I was immediately filled with expectancy. 


It's words were very euphonious to my ears. 


I already knew what would be the sequence of events that would come after this, and for certainty, the creature's plain line of a smile perked up and formed a grin.


“Yes.”


It affirmed.


...I was excited, yet afraid. It's answer was fine however, it was unfortunately little and simple. I yearned a greater explanation, and whether it had heard my will or not, the creature moved it's body out of the shadow and I was met with a golden bird that seemed to be similar to an american goldfinch.


“I will give you a better introduction.”


It said, speaking fluently without opening it's beak. 


“I am Neon, a demi-guardian who could be referred to a magical girl's sponsor and originator. You must be wondering why I am here, rather, you might be questioning why you are under extreme hotness that seemed to influence you only.”


“Well...*cough* ” 


I wanted to respond, but the dryness of my throat forbid me to do so; I couldn't talk, I could only stare at the creature who called themselves Neon. 


“No need to force yourself to reply. You are under the trial called fever and I'll explain to you why.”


It told me and I was forced to lean back and not push myself further. 


“Magical girls could skip this trial however, you are not one but a magical boy.” 

It clarified.

“ Magical boy and girls have differences in both physical and mental health, as the first ever magical boy in history, further reasoning for the cause of this is still a mystery. 

Ah, and oh, why have I started to call yourself as a magical boy? Simple, we're already under a contract, even if you like it or not. 

And after you finish the trial, you'll officially become a magical boy! But if you fail, you'll turn into ashes and die. Understood?”

It even cocked it's head harmlessly as if it's words held no weight.

“W...what?”

That...That...that was out of my... I...

“What? Have any complaints?”

2