1.1 – School Flower
141 4 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Wen Shuchun found herself lying in bed, her mind a bit fuzzy. She hadn’t been in a body that required sleep for a rather long time.

 

“Xiaobai?”

 

“I’m here, Goddess!”

 

“Why can I hear you in my head?”

 

“To make things easier I’ve established spirit energy contact so that we can communicate anywhere at any time, considering that I have a human body. I hope that the Goddess doesn’t mind.”

 

“Not at all, efficiency is what we operate on.”

 

“Yes, yes! Ah, I just remembered. I’ll be sharing the World’s information with you, it’ll take a moment.”

 

After a few moments, Wen Shuchun felt a new flash of awareness within herself as the story of this World became more clear.

 

Li Tingting, a poor but intelligent girl born to a single mother, worked tirelessly to have the best grades to earn scholarships to go to school to lessen the burden on her mother, taking up odd jobs at night and studying well into the dawn. All her work paid off when she was admitted into the number 1 school in City A on a full scholarship, ensuring her future successes if she was able to graduate. Her school life was promptly thrown off the rails with the introduction of Xie Muchen, an arrogant and delinquent rich youth who takes it upon himself to bother Li Tingting at every turn. Somehow, their relationship develops into a ‘will they won’t they’ story of youth and awkward romance.

 

“I fail to see where any of this is a problem, Xiaobai. Seems like pretty basic- Oh, wait. No, I just found it nevermind.”

 

With romance comes obstacles and the most persistent one was that of Xu Xingjuan, a beautiful, intelligent, and not to mention wealthy daughter of the prominent Xu Family. Who fell hopelessly in love with Xie Muchen, becoming jealous of Li Tingting and committing various acts against her such as compeiting against her for first place in tests, ignoring her existence despite her attempts to befriend her, among other minor particularly harmless things while she tried to court Xie Muchen’s attention.

 

Which somehow leads to Xie Muchen destroying her family, cornering the once proud and glowing girl into committing suicide.

 

After reading through the World’s plot, Wen Shuchun had only lines across her forehead. “That… escalated quickly for seemingly no reason at all. Where’s the rest of the plot?”

 

“The Lord God thought it’d be a good idea to leave the details up to you to make things more realistic, ‘keep things fun’.” Xiaobai sounded about as tired as Wen Shuchun already felt.

 

“The Lord God has always been one for dramatics, I don’t see why that would be any different with his interest in mortals.” Getting out of bed and entering the en suite bathroom, she got a proper look at the appearance of Xu Xingjuan at the mirror.

 

Dark and serious eyes with long lashes, full pink lips, a well-proportioned nose, and silky smooth skin. The girl in the mirror rubbed a strand of black hair between her fingers before giving a hum of satisfaction. Xu Xingjuan had a more mature appearance and disposition than one would expect of a 15-year-old girl, a lack of awkwardness from puberty growth and perfect posture most likely helped with that.

 

To say the least, Xu Xingjuan definitely won out against Li Tingting in the looks department, if not everything else.

 

“I’m guessing that today is the first day of school then?” The goddess made simple conversation with Xiaobai while washing and carefully caring for the doll-like face reflected back.

 

“Goddess catches on quick. This is the first day of school, with orientation and the heart throbbing first encounter between the two leads!”

 

“Ah, good for them then.”

 

“But, this is also the day that Xu Xingjuan falls in love with Xie Muchen…”

 

“Ah, good for him.”

 

“... Goddess, you’re not listening to me anymore, are you?”

 

“No, not really. I’m a bit busy freshening up at the moment.”

 

With a now clean canvas to work with, she rotated her hand to look at the inside of her wrist revealing a beauty mark that was promptly poked twice, opening up her storage space. While being given access to the Lord God’s treasury was a blessing, Wen Shuchun wasn’t the type to use others things before she used her own.

 

She also just didn’t know where everything in the Lord God’s treasury had been, while most of her items had been crafted with her own two hands.

 

Searching through the space for a bit, she found what she was searching for. A makeup compact and an ink pencil. Wen Shuchun opened the compact to reveal a pink rouge within that she applied lightly to her lips and cheeks then fixing up her eyebrows a bit with the ink pencil.

 

“There we go.”

 

“Just that much makeup?”

 

“What do you mean ‘just that much’? Makeup is supposed to enhance beauty that’s already there and refine a look.” She scoffed while returning the items back to her space. “Of course, everyone has a right to their own style with makeup, it’s simply my thoughts on the matter.”

 

“You seem rather passionate about this topic, Goddess.”

 

“I’m simply part of the party that believes how you present yourself shows what you value and who you are, so I aim to make an impact.”

 

Finally fully clean and dressed up in the simple yet classy light blue and white school uniform, Xu Xingjuan took a peak at the alarm clock on the bedside table. Still on time for a filling breakfast. Locating her gray bookbag also took little to no time and with it held in front of her, she exited her bedroom and headed downstairs.

 

“Oh, good morning, Miss. I was just about to go check on you, breakfast is prepared.” An older woman with glasses was putting dishes on the dining room table when she arrived downstairs, giving a light bow to her.

 

Xu Xingjuan smiled. “Thank you, Auntie Luo. I was just going over some material before heading to school.” And she took a seat at the table, observing what would be for breakfast alone.

 

Auntie Luo had been working for the Xu Family for many years, for the birth of all three of Mr and Mrs Xu’s children, being a second mother to all of them. Seeing the youngest child have breakfast without anyone to share it with always broke her heart. Who told her older brothers to go far away for school and her parents to go off for work? Everyone should be celebrating the young miss’ achievements, yet no one was there.

 

Which most likely explained the extensive table of food. Congee, steamed buns of varying fillings, scallion pancakes, and quite honestly too much food to be eaten all at once. But Miss Xu was known, privately, for having a large appetite.

 

Who was she to disappoint just because someone else was in her body?

 

“Miss, will you be taking the car to school or walking? I hear the weather will be quite good today.” Auntie Luo said, smiling with little wrinkles on her face.

 

Xu Xingjuan finished chewing and set down her chopsticks with a hum. ‘Xiaobai, how far are you from this house?’

 

“Well, if I run we can meet up half way-”

 

‘Wonderful, see you then.’

 

“Wait-”

 

“I think I’ll be walking today, Auntie. After all, school isn’t that bad and I hear that fresh air is a great way to soothe the nerves.”

 

Xiaobai could do nothing but cry as she rushed about.

4