Chapter 6: The Hero Wants to be a Playboy, But His Harem Won’t Let Him?
1.3k 4 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"pssst. whisper whisper."

"haha! YOU tell him. psst."

"...He's a hero! He's obviously doing it on purpose!"

Yuki stopped outside the door to his sister's room. He was about to knock and ask what the girls wanted for breakfast and he hadn't meant to eavesdrop. But he was a little curious. Judging from the "hero" he had overheard, they were clearly talking about him.

He knocked on the door, making all three of the girls jump in surprise. He stuck his head in with his characteristically nonchalant demeanor. "I was gonna grab some food, do any of you want anything?"

Anna jumped up from her seat. "Perfect timing! Yuki, we wanted to ask you a question."

"Shoot."

"How much longer are you gonna keep the illusion up for?"

"Huh?"

After hearing his words, Elizabeth hissed at Anna. "Oi! I told you he didn't know!"

Anna laughed lightheartedly and rubbed her head. "Ahahaha...my bad?"

Kuro turned and saw Yuki tilting his head with a blank expression on his face. "Uh-oh, looks like you blew his mind."

While they were furiously discussing the damage control, Yuki was thinking very hard. 'Illusion? What were they talking about?' He remembered he wasn't able to use magic in this world! He had tried but it hadn't worked out as his mana had just been way too low. He had just assumed his powers got sealed again or something. So he shook himself out of it and marched over, tapping Anna on the shoulder. 

The girls stopped their discussion and turned around, "Hmm?" Anna said.

"What do you mean by illusion?"

Before Elizabeth could stop her, Anna spoke in her airheaded manner. "Oh, we thought there was some kind of big enemy or something. I mean, why else would you need to conceal your form?"

"Conceal my form?"

"Yep! I can't sense an iota of mana from you but it's not like you have none. It's more like there's a smokescreen around you to put it simply."

Yuki was getting a headache. He was so confused. It didn't even make sense. He had no recollection of putting up this so-called illusion. Was he doing it unconsciously? That might explain his sudden loss in powers. But that didn't make sense either! Concealing your mana was a common thing back in Falanir and it sure as hell didn't consume so much to drain his heroic amounts of mana! Unless... "Wait could I be sealed? Is there a way you can check? "

"Yeah hold on."

Anna, being the top mage of the world, obviously knew how to check for seals. She went to work, staring directly at Yuki's chest. Based off how hard she was staring, people could get the wrong idea...

She broke her concentration and looked it up with an uncharacteristic frown. "Huh, that's strange. You do seem to have some other magic infused in it that kinda works like a seal I guess. Don't worry! Kuro and I can break it. I can tell it's stupidly flimsy - maybe it's meant for humans? I'm not too sure."

As she waved her hands for added effect, she also began casting a spell with the help of Kuro.

Yuki was expecting an arduous process that would last for hours. After all, this was a spell that could seal even his powers! He assumed it was some kind of "will of the world" that prevented him from getting his full potential and becoming overpowered in a world with no magic. Alas, he didn't expect this will to be so goddamn weak. Maybe for humans it'd be an impassable barrier but for an ancient dragon and a cheat elf? Pfft. To call it a seal was nearly an insult.

With an audible crack, Yuki's illusion burst apart into a cloud of smoke. The girls, with the exception of Kuro, coughed at the sudden appearance of the smoke, waving their hands. Shizuku, hearing the noise, came running up the stairs from the dining table, "Everyone alright?" She was yelling.

She stopped in her tracks when she opened the door, the smoke billowing out. "Jesus Christ, did you guys set a fire in here?"

She hurriedly glanced to a corner of the room where she kept her more...ah...naughty pleasures, to which she sighed in relief. It was untouched by the strange-looking smoke, making her immensely relieved. She'd rather commit seppuku than reveal the dirty desires she kept hidden.

She put a shirt to her face to block some of the smoke out and waved her hands to clear a path to the window. She opened it, allowing the smoke to dissipate. 

When she turned around, she had a very angry look on her face, preparing to give the three girls a scolding. But again, she dropped the shirt from her face and gaped in shock at what was before her eyes.

Yuki was standing, his shirt missing and he looked so...different? Handsome? A Ladykiller? Taller? What the heck was with that jawline? Why did those scars look so realistic? Shizuku looked around half expecting a bunch of makeup lying on the floor. Surely this was just make-up right? Props? A costume?

His eyes were closed and he looked like he was literally shining. 

"Y-y-yuki?" She called out. She wasn't even sure if this was Yuki. He looked like one of those bodybuilders she'd see on the television sometimes. Were his biceps always this big? Even his muscles had muscles! Just what kind of sorcery?

She quickly looked around for support from the other girls but saw them all standing to attention all with varying looks on their faces. Absolute respect from Elizabeth. Admiration from Anna. Subservience from Kuro. They all stood slightly apart as they watched on as Yuki's body began to float.

Shizuku gave up trying to explain what was in front of her eyes. It was just a dream! She forgot to pinch herself as she began to delusionally explain away the ridiculousness of this scene.

She began recollecting the moments before discovering her brother was a floating hunk.

She had come up hearing the cries of several people and had burst into a room full of smoke. Now that smoke had disappeared only to reveal Yuki who had somehow got buff, hot, and totally badass in less than the fifteen minutes since she had seen him last. He even had this glow to his body almost like a ring of light. Hell, was this even her brother? He wasn't ugly, so to speak, but she would have noticed if he started obsessively working out! From her knowledge, the most the guy did was play a couple games of baseball once in a while with his friends! No way that would result in...this!

As she was thinking these things, Yuki's eyes slowly opened, eliciting a gasp from her. His eyes...they were golden! Just what the heck is going on! He looked like a CGI! An anime character!

'Oh boy my friends are gonna have a field day when they see him...' She could already see her best friend Mari-chan, passing out with a nosebleed if she saw his new appearance. She had always loved doting on her kid brother and now that he was a hunk, she genuinely feared for his safety.

Yuki drifted back to the floor, on his feet, something Shizuku didn't even bother registering. Instead, he looked down at his body, covered in wounds and sighed. He didn't seem to notice the presence of Shizuku or the others who were still remaining silent.

"I see. It really was an illusion."

Within the ring of light, that sort of acted as a one-way mirror, Yuki began to feel his magic return, filling up his body. He felt like a damn hero now, overflowing with magic and vitality. But Earth wasn't a place to be a hero. The worst villains were terrorists and killers who couldn't even use the simplest of magic spells. This world didn't need a buff man in spandex. 

Now that he had his powers back, Yuki slowly began to siphon some of the mana into body transformation magic. 

He didn't particularly care for his overly buff appearance (A.N. jit basically looks like guts. mans is too strong), but he knew it'd be a hassle to explain. So using a bit of magic from the nearly endless pools of mana within him, he changed his appearance to become more lean and toned, rather than just muscles upon muscles. Instead of a bodybuilder, he now looked more like a swimmer. 'There,' he thought to himself. 'I don't want to return to my old body so this is as deteriorated as I'll go.'

He still had his ridiculously chiseled face and wounds. He didn't know how to alter his own face in a natural way nor did he want to get rid of the battle wounds he had accumulated over his time as a hero. They would serve to remind him of his past, something that'd keep him in check lest he ever get corrupted.

After he finished modifying his body, there was another flash of light as the changes took place. Seeing her brother change form yet again, Shizuku rubbed her eyes. Though he had still somehow grown several inches, he wasn't a hulking slab of muscle like he was just before. 

The three girls besides her also broke their silence. In unison, they all nodded in his presence. "Witch of the Elven Woods, Anna Mori greets the hero." "Elizabeth Albrecht, royal knight under Princess Luciana greets the hero." "Kuro greets master Yuki."

"Stand." His voice rumbled out. Unfortunately, it was still the slightly high-pitched voice that he always had. It seems not everything had transferred over from Falanir. He cleared his throat awkwardly and turned to look at his sister, who was frozen in shock. 

His commanding aura had been a little too much for her.

"Sister..." He reached out a hand and snapped his fingers, breaking her out of her daze. "Yuki! What the hell is going on!" She turned around, angered. Before their height difference wasn't too much but now Yuki was seemingly towering over her. And it made her mad.

Then he did the unexpected.

He reached over and pat her on the head. Like you would do to a child.

Shizuku lost it, puffing her cheeks and started screaming. "It's just a dream! It's just a dream! It's just a dream!" She started pounding against Yuki's chest with a rage he wouldn't have expected. "I'M THE ONEE-SAN STOPPPPPP!"

Shizuku was painfully aware of how bratty she was acting. Wasn't she just playing right into his hands? Her face only got redder and her cheeks seemed to burst. She seemed like she was about to go into a panic attack. 

So she did the only thing she could think of doing. 

She turned tail and ran. 

Yuki sighed seeing her go. 'Am I really that hideous?' he thought to himself. Then he grinned. 'NAH. I look like a fucking playboy.' He started guffawing. The girls, especially Elizabeth, were looking at him like he was the scum of the earth. Amongst themselves, they whispered. 

"He's totally being a narcissistic piece of shit right now isn't he?"

They all nodded, even Anna.

While Yuki (a hero) was cackling at the prospect of making the whole world fall in love with him, he suddenly cried out at the feeling of three iron grips on his ears. "Ow!"

He turned around about to curse whoever was hurting him. But seeing the ice-cold gazes of the three women, he mewled and crouched while whimpering. In his head he moped. He was a hero! The only thing that should scare him was a demon lord! So why the hell were these women looking so scary?

"What kind of naughty things were you thinking of that made you laugh so hard, Yuki?" Anna drew out the -i especially long. Beside her, Elizabeth and Kuro were grinning widely though their eyes were glinting with malice.

Elizabeth scoffed at the pitiful sight of Yuki. To think he had such indecent thoughts! She made a "haaah" and opened her mouth. "That's enough excitement out of you! We still need to discuss about this "school" we'll be going to tomorrow. I still don't get why I have to go back. I doubt people of this world can teach me how to swing a sword better than the instructors at the Knights Academy."

That brought Yuki out of his funk. That was right. They had school tomorrow! He internally groaned, even as his ears started turning red from the pain of the hard grips. How would he explain this to his friends?

38