CHAPTER 3
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As time went on, no one ever spoke of Vin again. They've forgotten about the boy on the wheelchair and move on with their lives. Mia however, was still grieving over his death, unable to let go.

5 years had passed in just a blink of an eye. Mia is now 16 years old.

'Dear Vin,

How are you? Have you been well? As for me, I'm doing fine. The same as last year. I've been eating and sleeping well. I still dream of that place whenever I close my eyes though. Aside from that, everything has been normal.

Did you know? Apparently, after a person dies, they will become a star and look after their loved ones, Miss Rosaria told me. I wonder which star you became.

I'm trying to make friends at school, but it's really hard. I don't know how to approach or talk to anyone, but I am giving it my best! If only you were here with me I bet it'll be easier.

I miss you today as well.

Your best friend, Mia'

Mia gazed at the night sky that was filled with hundreds of stars. She would occasionally write letters addressing Vin, hoping that they would reach him. Today as well, she was writing to him.

"Ah, it's already this late," Said Mia, after taking a look at the time. She shoved the letter in her desk's drawer where all the previous letters she wrote were kept, and went to bed.

That night she dreamed of the white dream again, but something didn't feel right.

"Mia..."

'Huh...?' Mia could hear a muffling voice calling out her name.

"Mia! Can you hear me?" The voice called out again.

A blurry figure suddenly appeared in front of Mia, startling her. What's going on? It was the first time something like this had happened in her dream.

"Mia..." Once again her name was spoken, but the voice sounded sad.

Confused yet curious Mia extended her hand trying to reach out to the blurry figure, but she suddenly woke up. Mia sat up on her bed speechless. This has never happened before, which confused her greatly, but also gave her hopes as she thought that maybe she could finally have normal dreams.

Drip

'Huh?'

Something dripped on her hand. She touched her cheeks and found them drenched in her own tears. Turned out, she was crying in her sleep.

------

The next day, Mia got up and walked off to school. The gloomy aura she gave off made people avoid her, but it didn't bother her very much, she walked straight to her class and ignored everyone.

Mia took her seat after arriving at her classroom, preparing for class.

"MIA!" A voice called out, distracting her, it was Vivi's.

Vivi is Mia's seatmate. A girl with dark brown hair and small monolid eyes, who was always cheerful and friendly to everyone, the exact opposite of Mia. "Mia, can I copy your homework? I forgot to do mine!"

"..." Mia got overwhelmed by Vivi's overly friendliness, unable to respond. On the other hand, the last time Vivi copied her homework, she got the answers wrong. Mia was afraid that it'd happen again.

"Mia please! I promise just this once, please?" Vivi was making puppy eyes at Mia, pleading to copy her homework.

Mia continued staying quiet for a while before opening her lips. "I-"

"Sigh... alright, alright, I won't ask you anymore. I'll just ask someone else," Vivi suddenly spoke up, unintentionally cutting Mia's sentence. "Ah, but don't worry, It's not like I'm upset or anything! I won't force you if you don't want to," She gave Mia a big smile and walked away.

Mia, still having her mouth hanging open from Vivi's interruption, felt embarrassed. She wondered, why was Vivi always trying to talk to her when the others showed no interest in her?

Vivi, on the other hand, was actually interested in Mia's quiet nature. The way she's always seem to be in her own world, intrigued her, making her want to befriend her more.

------

After school, Mia went home, helped Rosaria with dinner and tended to the garden. This was how her life had been like everyday, at least until recently when her dream started to become strange.

In her dream, Mia always heard the same faint voice calling out to her again and again every night. Occasionally, she could see a figure trying to reach out to her, but it was always blurry. Every time she woke up from the dream, she always found herself crying and she didn't know why.

This had left Mia very confused and lost because for years, she had only ever dreamed of that blank space.

------

"Mia...?"

'It's the dream again...' Mia thought to herself, as she was experiencing the strange dream once again.

"Mia!"

'Huh?'

But something seemed weird this time. The blurry figure had become a little clearer than usual. Mia extended her hand, trying to reach out to it, and as she did, it became more and more clear, and then, finally...

"MIA!!"

A boy suddenly appeared in front of Mia and grabbed her shoulders.

'?!' Mia was beyond surprised, she was still trying to process what just happened.

The boy abruptly hugged Mia. "Mia! Thank goodness!" he was sobbing as he continued to hug her tightly. "I can finally reach you..."

"Wha...?" Mia spoke out in confusion.

"Ah, I'm sorry! I must have surprised you," The mysterious boy let go of Mia and started wiping his face.

As he backed away from her, Mia was able to figure out his appearance clearer.

"!!" Mia froze as she saw his face. Her eyes were as wide as they could ever get, she could not believe what she was seeing. She continued to stare at him for some time, as her expression was filled with shock.

Suddenly her body started moving on it's own, her arms embracing the boy, pulling his body closer to her, hugging him.

She's too shocked to say anything. The boy hugged Mia back. At that moment, Mia softly spoke out. "Vin...?"

0