Chapter 1 – Chang Ling
92 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chang Ling lived her life wildly to the fullest, whatever she wanted, she did and got.

Just like her name, Chang Ling, she was a free spirit that didn't give a damn to the world or the opinion of others.

She had her share of miseries and hardships in her early years; so when she was given the chance to change her life, she didn't hesitate to take that chance in a death grip not letting go even at the cost of her life.

Despite the early hell she experienced, she didn't become the black-hearted, calculating, and jealous type of bitter woman.

On the contrary, she embraced this happiness with a wide smile forgetting all the past sufferings, and gave her all to keep it and cherish it; she squeezed out every worth of life not wasting anything of it.

Chang Ling didn't know who her biological parents were; all she knew was that she was rescued from child traffickers and was given to the orphanage by the police since they didn't find anything to lead them to her family.

Life in the orphanage wasn't easy; there wasn't enough food to eat or clothes to wear, on top of that she had to deal with the bullying at both the orphanage and school.

Chang Ling was a gorgeous girl, so although the people working at the orphanage loved her, her peers hated her and isolated her.

Fearing she would take away their chance to be adopted, they would always confine her in a cabinet whenever a couple came to adopt a child.

In school, she was always told she was a left-behind child, an unwanted bastard, and many more insults.

Since she was being taken care of by the teacher at school because of her good grades and because they pitied her, she was labeled as slut, sweet-mouthed two-faced bitch, seductress, and many more.

Even if she was a strong girl, she was still just a child, and damage was dealt with her psychology permanently.

Taking note of her deteriorating mental and physical health the dean felt heartache for this unfortunate child, so she took upon herself the responsibility to help this child and let her see that there is not only black in the world but there is also white and gray.

Chang Ling was a clever child, so she understood what the dean meant and knew that she would bring nothing upon herself but misfortune if she continued being like this.

Since this is the case, she should be strong and should seek her happiness even if it meant snatching it forcibly from fate, was what she thought and applied.

From that day on, she changed and became a new her.

Seeing how tough and bright she became, no one dared to bully her anymore. She even began to retaliate in fights, and very soon no one could overcome her fists nor intelligence.

When she was eleven years old, her life took another change. A missy who was jealous of her beauty, grades, and all the attention she got due to her unique charm hired thugs to teach her a lesson and take nude photos and videos of her.

But Chang Ling was already proficient in various martial arts owing to her fast learning ability and joining school clubs, winning first place at various school competitions, which gave her more chances to develop herself in a bigger environment.

She easily defeated them, took photos of them, and threatened them to do the same thing their client told them to do to her, if not they can only blame their unfortunate selves for messing with the wrong person.

While having her full attention on them, she didn't know that a man in a low-key luxury car saw all that had happened in that small alley.

After a few days, that man came to the orphanage to adopt her intending to make her his heiress.

He clearly saw her immense hidden potential; she was a hidden gem that only needed to be uncovered from the pile of stones, so she would shine her dazzling light.

Chang Ling has the choice to refuse, but she didn't.

She knew she will have a bright future ahead of her with or without this man but a voice kept telling her to go with him.

Chang Fai, her father now, was a wealthy businessman on the surface, and the king of the underworld in hidden.

As his sole heir, she needs to learn how to manage the companies under him and also learn all the skills that will enable her to deal with the shady businesses and the dark side of society in the underworld and stop all those greedy people that are vying her and her father's life and position.

Chang Ling faired well there and became all the more brilliant, high above like the moon in the sky, that was just how dazzling and shining her existence became.

Who doesn't know the heir of one of the richest men in the world, is living her life wantonly and flamboyantly without care to the world.

Still, no one could master a single bad word in front of her. They were too afraid to rise her ire because they couldn't afford it, especially those who knew her second identity as the queen of the underworld.

She brought her family's business to new heights, getting rid of those who made her father suffer previously, cutting his route to have a happy family of his own, and killing his wife.

She was a poisonous flower to her enemies and a fragrant and harmless one to her loved ones.

One day when she was 17 years old, she went back to her home country intending to visit the dean who helped her and thank her for her advice that saved her at that time from a bleak uncertain future.

On her way back from the orphanage she went to the capital city of her home country.

There, in a high-end restaurant, she met a family where a middle-aged woman looked 5 points like her; the family also saw her, both having doubts they made investigations.

For Chang Ling it was easy for her to have hair samples from the man and woman, but not the other way around.

That's why the couple steeled their hearts and made a DNA test with their beloved daughter which later they found wasn't their own.

As for Chang Ling knowing those were her biological parents, she wanted to know their attitude towards this never-knew-she-existed-daughter, that's why she forged an identity where she was adopted by a relatively wealthy couple who later had a car accident, leaving her with enough fortune to live a rich life without ever working.

Feeling remorseful and guilty for all the suffering, their biological daughter has experienced before getting adopted and the loneliness and depression she coped with after the death of her adopted parents, they took her in wanting to make it up for her.

Who knew that their adoptive daughter would act like a white lotus bitch making her seem like a jealous wretched woman in front of her biological family and making her seem like she wanted to seduce her fiancée, who, by logic should be engaged to the biological daughter of this family, not the adopted one.

Seeing how they believed the adopted daughter without knowing the truth or asking her about what truly happened, she got tired of their everyday, all-day little drama and went back home after tearing the façade of this fake white lotus adoptive daughter.

Later when they knew her true identity, they sucked up to her, bringing how blood is thicker than water and they are sorry and whatnot; and that stupid fiancée of the white lotus delusionally believing that he has enough charm to make her fall hard in love with him and succumb to his every command, so he could control all the resources under her hands making his family's company flourish in the country and abroad.

Well, that was what he thought and wished for, unfortunately for him, he fell in the hands of Chang Ling who made him regret even knowing her.

After this episode with some threats and actions to shut those two families up, she continued her merry happy life until she got tired and committed suicide, but not before leaving a worthy successor who would make their Chang family shine and flourish all the more.

1