Chapter 2
10 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Oh yeah. I'm in a gang. I'm trying to get up to be the leader. I'm of course not there yet. The leader right now is Lucas. Lucas . . . I despised him. He always thought he was better than everyone else around him. Today was the day I was going to prove him wrong. I was going to fight him for the role of the leader. It sounded so awesome. Leader, me. 

I chuckled to myself as I walked easily through branches. I stopped at the entrance of a cave. Lucas and Sam were at the front of the cave entrance, talking. I heard a sound in the cave. It sounded like yelling. David came marching out, Skyler racing after him.

"Did you hear what Skyler did?!" David glanced towards Skyler just as she caught up to him.

"What now?" Lucas asked.

"She is dating a good for nothin!" 

"What do you mean?" Lucas sat up.

"She's dating Caleb Rasker." 

"Why would she want to date him? Isn't he a one of the 'good' people?" I stepped out of my watching spot.

"EXACTLY!"

Sam waved to me. I just nodded back.

"It's not that big of a deal!" Skyler protested.

"Uh, yeah it is!" David spun on her.

"No! It's not!"

"Come on! Lucas, you're the leader. Tell her it's wrong." David told Lucas.

Lucas was about to say something when I realized it was perfect timing.

"Ha! Not for long." I said.

"What do you mean?" David asked.

"Lucas. I challenge you to a fight. Winner gets to be the leader." 

David clearly forgot all about the Skyler problem, "Wait, seriously!?" He grinned.

Sam shot to his feet and went over to me, "Do you know what you're doing?!" He whispered harshly to me.

"Yes." I pushed him aside, "So, Lucas, what do ya say?" 

Lucas came up to me, "Deal." He stuck out his hand.

I smirked and shook it. 

"Okay, get into your ready position." Lucas turned away.

I tried hard not to laugh, "Already am." 

He glanced behind him at me, "Alright." 

I stared at the ground, bored. He spun around and came at me. I went to the side and grabbed his arm, swinging him in a circle. I let go and he crashed against a tree. He staggered to his feet. I rammed into him. He coughed and I hit him hard in the face. He kept coughing and eventually coughed up blood.

"How do you feel now?! Huh?! Still all big and tough?!" I angrily yelled in his ear.

"F-fine!" Lucas struggled the breath, "Y-you're leader now."

A whoop came from in the forest. I dropped Lucas.

"Who's there?" I called out.

Lynx stepped out of the trees.

"Lynx?" I gritted my teeth, "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING HERE?!"

"Who's this?" David asked.

"I'm Annebelle . . . Or Lynx now. But um . . . I'm her apprentice." She pointed to me.

"Adrian's apprentice?"

"That's her name? Oh well, yeah." Lynx nodded.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"I just wanted to talk."

I don't want to talk shit with you." 

"But I-"

"Shut up! Go away Lynx!"

She sighed and left.

"Apprentice huh?" Sam chuckled.

"Yeah. She'll be one big problem." I rolled my eyes.

"That's for sure. Now you'll have to deal with her and being a leader."

"Shoot." I muttered.

I hadn't thought of that. Suddenly my job was ten times harder.

 

2