Prologue
301 6 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My name is Joshua Rane. I graduated from college, and after that, I began to work for a black company.

 

Even though I graduated from college, that doesn't mean I can be a successful man in the world; it's wrong, because I'm now working in a black company where the pay is low, and it's still difficult to live. I have no family because they died in a car accident when I was young, and I also have no girlfriend; I've been a virgin for the past 25 years.

 

◇ ◇ ◇

 

[Hey, Joshua. Can you finish our important paper report? Because I have another important schedule today, so can I trust you?]

 

It was the middle of the afternoon, as the glaring sun slowly set beyond the horizon. And Joshua, he works for a black company, and the pay for their work is low, despite the fact that they work twenty-four hours a day.

 

And a man is sitting beside me who called to me, and to our front is the office. And Joshua, who was currently working in the middle of the afternoon, also known as the deadline for their report.

 

"E-Eh?...But....O-Ok. I take care of it."

 

Joshua, 25 years old, is kind. Whether you have talked to him about your problem or not, he is going to help you without hesitation. Also, he is a shy man. That is why his coworker takes advantage of his flaw.

 

And when the man and his ugly woman were walking out of the office, he smirked, and after that,

 

[Hehehe... What a lively life. Joshua is a person you can rely on. Now babe, you are ready for our date?]

 

While Joshua knew there was no time to waste for their report, he lacked the manpower to finish the report. He was alone, and he had no solution or idea if he could finish it on the day of the deadline. He was super tired from the past two days of no sleep and their break time is only ten minutes. Then it is back to work again.

 

*Sigh* Joshua stretched his two hands and massaged his fingers because of his tiredness.

 

"Yosh! I can finish this paper report. Even without help."

 

Then, a few hours later, an elderly man emerged from the office, and he called Joshua. while Joshua is sitting on chair and focusing on his paper report.

 

[Hmm... Joshua. You are still here.]

 

"What is it now? Ahh! Boss! I'm sorry I did not notice you."

 

He raised his head after hearing someone call him. An old man with a gentle smile appeared before his eyes. And he quickly apologized to him.

 

[...It's fine. And You are the only one left here, so be careful and also take care of your health. I noticed you still aren't taking a rest. I've finished my work, so I'm going home now. Don't overdo it.]

 

"I understood. I will be taking a break after I finish my paper report. Be careful, boss."

 

Joshua bowed to the old man, who was his boss, until he came out of the office.

 

◇ ◇ ◇

 

Joshua is still working at 4 a.m when an echoing voice (radio) enters his office. It means that there is a new schedule for morning workers and that it is time for him to leave his work. According to company policy, the number of days of work is limited to only two days, and in that exact amount of time, Joshua simply stretched his back and rotated his tired shoulders.

 

He had spent the last two days of work without resting or cleaning himself, and his deadline for his paper was today. That's why he could take a rest for one day, and also, for the first time, he could finally take a rest without hindrance from his surroundings.

 

After his work was finished, Joshua suddenly slept on his front desk, where he was sitting because of his tiredness and also to reduce his sleeping hours to the bare minimum, he felt it was time for him to rest as well.

 

And after 6 a.m. in the morning, a beautiful woman came inside of the office and saw Joshua was still sleeping, so she approached him and woke him up.

 

[...Joshua It's already early morning. You need to clean your paper and other trash. You... y-you did not go home today?!]

 

Joshua woke up, and when he raised his head, his mouth had saliva because of his half-asleep state, and he saw the beautiful woman on his front with a beautiful pose.

 

"My apologize. Oh! Hannah, it's you. You are so early today." (Joshua)

 

[Joshua, you did not go home today, Am I right?]

 

"Well...Yes... --- Because I have important to finished for our report paper." (Joshua)

 

She is Hannah's friend, and she is also kind and beautiful. Joshua had a crush on her, but he was afraid to tell about his feelings for Hannah. Because He was afraid to be rejected, so that's why he couldn't tell her his feelings.

 

"I-I'm going home now. Bye." (Joshua)

 

[Wa-Wait.... *Sign* He's so quick. Hmm, what happened to him? Because when he sees me, it's like I'm a ghost.]

 

And he rapidly cleaned his place and considered returning home to relax, but by the time he was ready to leave, the last train had already left. because it's rush hour in the morning.

 

While he was walking, he saw his surrounding people were happy, and some rushed to meet their families or daughters, while others met up with their friends and got ready to go to a bar. There were also some who just wanted to rest at home, like Joshua. Because his family was killed in a car accident when he was young and his auntie took care of him until he finished college school, everybody's attitude was different.

 

The streets were humid with the summer heat and crowded with people. The way to the station was jammed with people. Only after walking some distance did the traffic get smoother.

 

" Ahh! I forgot to buy my food." (Joshua)

 

He went back to his place, and he traveled the alley route. Soon, a store building appeared in front of him. It was a small shopping center near the train station, where the train had already left. And then he comes inside the store building and he picks up food for his afternoon and at mid night.

 

A few minutes later, Joshua left the store building.

 

"Ok. this will be enought."

 

Joshua carried one full bags of plastic in his hand.

 

And then he continued to walk again with his bag in his right hand. The apartment where he lived is not far away; it's only a short distance away from the black company.

 

While he was walking on his front, a bar suddenly came into view, and some people's screaming could be heard from in front of the bar while Joshua was walking.

 

"Hmm... Fighting again?" (Joshua)

 

!!!

 

[Run!!! There's an old man. He was holding a knife.]

 

A man shouted while he was running. After that, an old man holding a knife walked out of the bar. And Joshua saw a young girl with a teddy bear in her hand, and she was shaking because of fear, and she was sitting down on the ground.

 

[HAHAHA... Now. Who is strong enough to come and fight me?] a psychopath old man while he was holding a sharp knife on his right hand.

 

And then, the old man saw a young girl staring at him, and the man approached her, but the young girl couldn't move because of fear.

 

Joshua hurriedly ran toward the old man without hesitation, and he faced the old man and held the knife.

 

"RUN!!" (Joshua)

 

The young girl stood up and ran towards her mother and Joshua held the knife with his full strength.

 

[KIIIECK...You are brave... Young boy.]

 

And then Joshua he kicked the old man and he tackled him with his full strength. Both of them were rolling down on the ground, and the old man was still fighting. He puched Joshua in the face, and Joshua held the old man's arms while they were on the ground.

 

The knife was abruptly removed from the old man's hand. After that, the old man was still fighting back, and he kicked Joshua in the face, and he held the knife and stabbed him.

 

After stabbing Joshua, the old man, he tried to run away toward the back alley, but the police arrived just in time and arrested him.

 

And then Joshua he fell on the ground, and his white uniform was covered in blood, and he couldn't move because he had been stabbed in the abdomen.

 

While he fell on the ground, he moved his body and saw the blue sky. When he saw his surroundings, he saw a lot of people hurriedly running towards him, and the others were calling the ambulance. A lot of people were trying to hold his wound with a towel where there was a stabbed knife.

 

The young girl, who was crying, approached Joshua while he was lying down on the ground, covered in blood on his white uniform.

 

[Are....you...okay...Brother...I'm....sorry.]

 

the young girl is shedding tears while saying apologize to Joshua. The blood is still flowing even though his abdomen already held. His consciousness gradually fading and his body suddenly felt so cold. and the people suddenly speak.

 

[Hey!!! don't die here.... young man]

 

[Stay still!!]

 

[Don't sleep!]

 

The people around me were attempting to stop my bleeding, but Joshua was starting to lose his consciousness and, while grounded, Hannah was walking, and she dashed towards a young man, who's body resembled Joshua's. She was hurriedly running towards him.

 

[Y-You!!! Wha-What happened to you!!] (Hannah)

 

"Oh! .....isn't it Hannah.... Wha-What... are you doing....here." (Joshua)

 

"I-I am... so glad that you are here before I'm lose my consciousness I have last want to say....something to you....." (Joshua)

 

Hannah, she put her head down, and her ears put him on Joshua's mouth.

 

"I-I...like....you.... I'm....sorry" (Joshua)

 

[Y-You, hey!, woke up! ... woke up! W-What did you.... only say now? I was waiting... for you to say that.] (Hannah)

 

And Hannah, her tears started to come out and did not stop. After that, Joshua's last word to Hannah was, Joshua his consciousness is gone and dead.

 

.....

 

 

9