Chapter – 1
617 26 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I look out at the expansive blue ocean before me surrounded by my classmates or are they comrades-in-arms now? Sister-in-arms? Well, the last one isn’t entirely possible. I’m not sure how we even got here. Just a few minutes ago we were in class learning about WW2 naval history. Halfway through the lesson, an emergency announcement was given to the class that the country is now at war and that the enemy army and navy are advancing on the city we were in and that we need to evacuate. However, before we could evacuate we heard a loud bang and then thirty seconds later everything went dark.

I was then left in darkness. Everything around me was dark for how long I do not know but as time went on I felt my body starting to change. My body got smaller and my hair got longer. Eventually light returned to my eyes and before me was an androgynous humanoid surrounded by golden light.

“You are all here now. I will now tell you your purpose for being here.. You have been summoned to support the heroes in their mission. Any questions?.”(??)

One person in the room stood up to ask a question.

“What is the heroes mission?”(classmate)

“That I cannot tell you. What I can tell you is that you all will be vital in their mission. Any other questions.”(??)

I then stood up to ask a question.

“Who are you.”(Protagonist)

They look at me and smile.

“I am a god.”(God)

As they say, this everything goes dark again, and we now return to the present where I am standing sword in hand on the bow of the battleship HMS Warspite. Looking around there are more ships around me battleships, aircraft carriers, cruisers, destroyers and submarines all information. In the centre are four aircraft carriers surrounding them are four battleships including me. Around us are four cruisers and around them are four destroyers finally there are four submarines with the destroyers.
I am currently on the left of the formation. Taking a closer look I see that the battleship in front and to my right is Richelieu the one behind is Bismarck but I cannot see the one on the opposite side to me. In the middle are four aircraft carriers from where I am I can see two of them HMS Furious and Aquila.

On my port side is Admiral Graf Spee, in front of Richelieu is Belfast and behind Bismarck is what I believe to be La Galissonniere. From where I currently am it is difficult to see what the destroyers and submarines are.

What should we do now? We should probably contact each other and get organised. I am about to find out how to contact everyone but I am stopped by a male voice that comes from what I assume is the ship's radio.

“Hello, kan anyone here me? Zis iss ze battleschip Bismarck please r-r-respond.”(Bismarck)1“Hello can anyone here me? This is the battleship Bismarck please respond.”

“Greetings this is the battleship HMS Warspite. I heareth thee loud and clear Bismarck.”(Warspite) 2"Greetings this is the battleship HMS Warspite. I hear you loud and clear Bismarck."

“Reechelieu, hear you loud ahnd clear”(Richelieu)

“Vittorio Venetto hear you loud and clear.”(Vittorio Veneto)

This continued on for a total of twenty ships and boats3Submarines are classified as boats.. In total, we have four of each ship class.

Battleships
Warspite
Bismarck
Vittorio Veneto
Richelieu

Aircraft carriers
Furious
Aquila
Bearn
Graf Zeppelin

Cruisers
Belfast
Graf Spee
Zara
La Galissonniere

Destroyers
Vampire
Artigliere
Z51
Le Fantasque

Submarines
M1
I-400
Surcouf
U-2540

We eventually decide that we will all have a meeting on the deck of Furious. Half an hour later all twenty of us are standing in a circle on Furious’s deck. I haven’t had a chance to look at myself yet but looking around I can see all types of people with themes depending on the type of ship they are.

Bismarck takes a step forward to speak. Bismarck is wearing a black, red and gold military uniform. He has long golden hair with blue eyes.

“Before ve schtart to discuss our kurrent situation I vant to address an obserfation uff mine. Vhy am I ze only man here? “(Bismarck)4“Before we start to discuss our current situation I want to address an observation of mine. Why am I the only man here?"

That’s a good point. Why is everyone else a ship girl but not Bismarck?
The first to respond is Richelieu who has red eyes long hair. She is wearing a red, white and gold knee-length dress with white knee-length socks.

“Deedn't Beesmahrcks cahptain refair to Beesmahrck ahs mahle.”(Richelieu)5“Didn't Bismarck's captain refer to Bismarck as male."

 

That’s right he did didn’t he? That makes more sense now. Wait if everyone else is a ship girl what about the boys? Where they gender bent into ship girls? Or was it only the girls from our class that were summoned? Maybe Bismarck has also had his gender changed?

At Bismarck's question, U-2540 steps forward. She is short with long dark red hair with the same-coloured eyes. She is wearing clothing that looks like the sort of thing you would wear for diving but with less fabric. The swimming costume style clothing is a theme for all the submarines.

“It's alright fur you. I vas ze most popular undt azzletic boy in schchool now I am a little girl vho doesn't efen haf a proper name. U-2540. Vho has number fur a name. You also now haf a harem uff nineteen girls zerefore I kannot feel sorry fur you in any vay.”(U-2540)6"It's alright for you. I was the most popular and athletic boy in school now I am a little girl who doesn't even have a proper name. U-2540. Who has a number for a name? You also now have a harem of nineteen girls therefore I cannot feel sorry for you in any way."

“I don't vant a harem ahnd before ziss I vas a girl. if I had der choice I vould go back to how I vas before vithout question.”(Bismarck)7"I don't want a harem and before this, I was a girl. If I had the choice I would go back to how I was before without question."

U-2540 is about to argue back but I step forward and stop them.

“Both of thee cease we shouldn't beest fighting amongst ourselves. We shouldst beest discussing our current situation and what we art going to doth next.”(Warspite)8"Both of you stop we shouldn't be fighting amongst ourselves. We should be discussing our current situation and what we are going to do next."

Both of them step back and reluctantly agree. For the next few hours, we discuss our current situation. What each of us can do was the simplest part as we already have a good understanding of each ship. The harder part was what to do next. We eventually concluded that the only things we can do are wait here and send out a wireless message and hope someone replies or travel in a ran dome direction. Eventually, we decide to combine the two of them send out a wireless message while travelling.

The next thing we discuss is having a flagship. Everyone quickly agreed to this but we couldn’t decide who it should be and what ship type they should be. It was between either a battleship or an aircraft carrier. Then someone had the idea to make the oldest flagship at least temporarily. What I didn’t know was they meant by ship launch date, not the age when we were human. This means I am now the flagship.

Half an hour later we are all back on our ships ready to set sail.

“All ships half-speed straight a headeth”(Warspite)9"All ships half-speed straight ahead."

We have now set out on our journey to where we do not know.

19