Chapter 6
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

February 10th, 2169

Remis I Orbital Observation Station

My current thoughts on how the most recent request by HIGHCOMM, was one of confusion and then anger. They were currently asking me to scout out an isolated area to land a Firebase. Yes, a military base on the planet.

 

Last time I checked that was a horrible violation of the plans created by the military 70 years ago in the case we meet a civilization more primitive than us. Either way I wasn’t exactly ecstatic of having to have my Rover that was in my Family for generations  to be put in a really dangerous situation where it could get in the hands of the locals.

 

I was fine with Hope just exploring the Moon of Planet X through its ravines and such, but not a world. The most dangerous thing was the locals acting Irrationally. Well I had no choice or they’ll just replace me either way.

 

HIGHCOMM said that I had 3 months before the Lunar Fall arrived with her ships to start putting down firebases in my part of the world where Hope is.

 

Luckily I could have someone else do it for me, one that was very curious into how Hope thinks and where goes, influencing her shouldn’t be too much of a hassle right?

Wanderer Research Society Club Room

17th Sextillis, 1055 A.E

“Alright people! We have a new plan in place! Today we will begin scouting out possible locations where the Wanderer will appear. As you know in the past week we’ve had no luck in finding it! So last night I devised a plan to locate places of interest to The Wanderer.” I said, placing down a piece of parchment that outlined the plan.

 

“Yeah, how are we going to do that? Since you know the Wanderer usually does the oddest things. Like digging into the ground where nothing of worth is there.” Said a member.

 

“Or stealing some crop and not all of it, only a single berry or a single flower, and not large swathes which already removed it as a possible bandit.” Said another.

 

“Hmhmhmhm!” I chuckled “Well I was thinking about going to the dragon mountain cause since you know it will most likely be curious in what Dragons are. After it did come from the heavens so chances are it never has heard or seen a Dragon before!” I said, there were murmurs of agreement amongst the members.

 

“Except how do we get the White Dragons to not attack the Wanderer or us for that matter?” A member asked.

 

“Well I was thinking about meeting with the Dragons and explaining the situation to them. Afterall for someone to understand you have to talk right?” I said “So who's ready to go and meet some Dragons!” I yelled, there was a chorus of yells, and as such we prepared to head to Dragon mountain.

 

After preparing for around a day we setted off at first light tomorrow morning, and hired some adventurers to help protect us.

 

The trip in question was around a few days long, during that time we talked.

 

“So what do you think the Wanderer will do if it comes to the mountain?” I asked the Club.

 

“I think it will challenge the White Dragons to a duel.” Said Rag’noa, throwing his hands and fingers in such a way that it mimicked the claws of the White Dragons.

 

“Really I don’t think its that stupid at all I’m pretty sure its here to just explore this world. Sora you did say it came from the Heavens right?” Asked Raei, her dog ears perking up at the fact it may be peaceful.

 

“You seriously think it would be brave enough to enter the White Dragons Territory! I’m pretty sure it could’ve gotten a glimpse of our maps and said nope I’m out of here!” Said Reick, his wings flapping in anticipation.

 

“Well guys all we can do is wait and see. So I say we get some sleep to see what tomorrow brings.” I said, everybody agreed on that and as such we all retired to our beds.

 

The next morning I woke up and there was nothing out of the ordinary, no monsters, no goblins, nothing.

 

“It’s awfully quiet. This area is well known for having lots of monsters right?” I asked the leader of the Adventurers we hired.

 

“Yes, but it seems like we’re lucky enough that the monsters here decided to take a day off.” Said the Adventurer.

 

On a cliff 30 yards away was a 9 foot tall humanoid, it had a blue face that looked like a human, with clothes that has a pattern that matches the plant life and trees of the local wildlife, along with a hat that has the same pattern of its clothes. In its hands was a LMG known as the Rapid Tiger A2 also known as the RTA2 for short.


“Luck, right.” I said overlooking the group of people from different racial backgrounds. For the past 38 hours I’ve been trailing this group to make sure they won’t come under attack since I was the one who encouraged Sora to undertake a mission to go to places of interest where the Wanderer will most likely go, and by most likely, I mean it will go there.

 

I just did it so the locals there don’t immediately try to destroy Hope. I chose this location because it was well isolated but I wanted to make sure either it's uninhabited or I gain the permission of the Locals to set up a base on their territory via gifts after they leave.

 

But since this was supposed to be a secret base that's out of the view of the local nations on this world , and the Dracochen after being referred to as the White Dragons, were a reptilian race that had no interest in contacting the outside world unless someone came to them first.

 

That was a location I as Hope’s driver would most likely order Hope to go to. Except why would I? The driver of Hope decides to risk his life? 

 

Well A: my real personal body, the one I was born in, wasn't actually down there I was in something known as Avatar, a genetically engineered being that uses the DNA of its user to connect to it on the Psionic and Psychic level.

 

Although it doesn’t use just Human DNA, most of it is actually the DNA of many other species of Earth. Such Chameleons which allows me to blend into my environment with ease by merely placing my back and body against it.

 

“Although it takes a lot of training to effectively use all of its abilities, which is a lot. The most common one is changing our skin color to match the patterns in our surrounding environment.

 

Another is our ability to immobilize targets with a screech if you're backed into a corner.

 

Either way it was very useful to be in a body like this. Everybody gets one when you join a special forces unit, or have a very dangerous job and need to do things like go down to the surface of a planet but don’t want to risk your own true life.

 

So Avatars are used in your place and are essentially disposable, you can clone it with no repercussions unlike you were to clone a human. As long as you had the original genetic material you could create an Avatar from scratch, and is part of a reason why there's a literal genetic base that has a lot of holes. Those holes in the Avatars genes are supposed to be filled by your genes so only you are able to use your Avatar that has your genes.

 

Either way I prefer this, but Sora the girl who I manipulated wouldn’t recognise me. But a shuffling in the bushes behind me threw me out of my thoughts.

 

“So you won’t give up then?” I said, then a goblin jumped out. Its green skin being unnatural like it was genetically engineered that way or it evolved to blend in with the trees or plains with green grass.

 

Holstering my RTA2 LMG on my back, and drew my sword made of A1 Titanium, and then began slicing through the Goblin in a clean cut. Soon more would come but I got out of there before more would distract me. 

 

I, after all, have a group to look after. 

 

A few days after we began our journey towards the White Dragons Mountain, we arrived, and we were met by a priest.

 

“Welcome travelers from the Elven Kingdom. I am Priestess Tenechen Brismad. We received your message a few days ago, and as such we’ve been preparing for your arrival. Please come in.” Said the Dracochen Priest. Her white robes, black reptilian-like eyes, and the way she walked all confirmed she was a White Dragon.

We followed her into the mountain “There was a mention of you having guards. I assume these are your escorts.” She asked.

 

“Yes that is correct, I assume your people aren’t too mad about us bringing in weapons into your home?” I asked, my voice echoing off the mountain's walls.

 

“We don’t mind them as long as they don’t cause any problems here.” Priestess Brismad said, we eventually reached an opening to a valley, it was one of the few ways to get into the Dracochen Valley. 

 

It was a part of the reason why they were so Isolated from the world, and didn’t really bother exploring the world as well. We eventually reached a building that was overlooking the Valley. The building in question was relatively plain with just a few mats for places to sit and a wide view of the valley behind us.. 

 

The place in question was where the Dracochen Spiritual Leaders and Leaders in general gathered.

 

“Femrau Sora I believe your name is.” Said one of the Dracochen Leaders looking at me. The person in question had more scales on his face indicating he was an older Dracochen, he had no hair, only scales. Unlike the young Priestess that showed who had just scales around her eyes.

 

He wore similar clothing to Brismad but more flashy, indicating he was a spiritual leader of the White Dragons.

 

“Yes that is correct, I have some things to talk to you about most notably-” I was cut off by the Dracochen from before.

 

“Here in the Dracochen mountains we have a saying “Get to the people you're negotiating with before you negotiate.” We are aware of what you want to talk about but how about we get to know each other better.” He said while bowing.

 

I bowed as well “I am Sora Bewcius. A human from the Elven Kingdom.” I said, starting the introductions.

 

“I am Rag’noa Canoam. A Dwarf from the Dwarven mountains.” He said bowing.

 

“I am Reia Kalnis. A Dog Beastmen from the Beast Confederacy.” She said while bowing.

 

Then the Leaders of the Dracochen began to introduce themselves. First was the Spiritual Leader of the Dracochen from before “I am Lacfel Brismad, the Dracochen Spiritual Leader.” he said.

 

Then next was the Leaders of the Dracochen “I am Chieftain Aurangen Sucsaft, Political Leader of the Dracochen people.” He said while bowing. His clothing clearly inspired by Eastern Kings, he wore no crown. His face was purely scales and no hair similar to that of Lacfel. 

 

“Nice to meet you Chieftain Auragen, I believe formalities are over and we can begin now?”

 

“Yes that is true, now about this Wanderer you believe it may come to our mountain?” The chief asked.

 

“Yes I have reason to believe it may be attracted to this mountain in general. The Wanderer has the ability to detect things like gold. Which the Elven Empire took advantage of these past few weeks.” I said.

 

“So is this Wanderer a threat to us?” He asked.

 

“I have no reason to believe so. It’s more of an explorer; it will only defend itself when necessary but most of the time remains docile.” I said.

“Alright then what does it want with our mountain? There's nothing of interest here other than our magic gems.”

 

“That's precisely why we’re here, we have reason to believe it may be interested in Magic Gems. Just recently I decided to use a magic gem to lure it into a spot where we can observe it and almost immediately when it picked it up something came down to collect it. Which means it hasn’t seen a magic gem before or magic in that case.” I said.

 

“But if we do lure it in, what do we get in return?” He asked.

 

“Oh I don’t know, possibly knowledge from a civilization thousands of years more advanced than yours. The knowledge to destroy entire worlds or build them from scratch.” Said someone appearing from the corner. 

 

The person in question was really tall, at least five heads taller than I was, he had blue skin and looked more like a beastmen than anything else. Except what stopped that was his alien clothing. It had a pattern like that of leaves and trees.

 

“How did you get in here!” Demanded the Chieftain.

 

“Through the front door.” He responded sitting down on an open mat, cross legged.

 

“Why didn’t you reveal yourself earlier?” Asked Brismad.

 

“For your information I was planning on talking to you later after they leave but circumstances do not allow it.” He said.

 

“My people are coming and want to set up a base of operations to interact with this world. For the past few months we’ve been observing this world through the eyes of The Wanderer.” He said.

 

“So you created the Wanderer then?” The chieftain asked, I stayed quiet. I knew who she was talking to but didn’t say anything.

 

“Yes, sure as hell beats getting burned from space. And yes before you asked we’re planning on doing that if you don’t agree.”

 

“So you're planning on attacking us then?” Asked the Chieftain.

 

“No, not me specifically. I don't make the rules or these messages, I just pass them on, and do my own thing every once in a while.” The blue person said.

 

“So if we accept your peoples offer what do we get?”

 

“As I said before, advanced technology to shape worlds, build worlds from scratch, and go to the stars or the heavens as you call it.”

 

“You must be bluffing.” Said the Spiritual Leader “Only the Gods can do that.”

 

“Well I’m not but I will say that if you accept it your people will greatly benefit from it, that will include us. It’s a win-win situation. Also with enough willpower anything can be done.” He said.

 

“Alright, how long do we have till your people arrive?” Asked the Chieftain.

 

“Around 3 months.” He said.

 

“Alright you’ll hear from us in a day if that's fine.” The Chieftain said.

 

“I’m fine with that after all we do have 3 months before they arrive.” The Blue Giant said.

 

“Tenechen, can you please show our guests to their rooms please?” Asked Brismad.

 

“Yes Grandfather.” She said while bowing “If you would please.” Said the Priestess.

 

We then started to follow her including the Blue Giant, we went down the steps to the center of the Valley.

 

“This place somewhat reminds me of the Khondii Valley back home.” The Blue Giant said.

 

“So this Khondii Valley place you were born there? Also you haven’t told us your name and you were able to negotiate with Dracochens without negotiating!”.Rag’noa said.

 

“They already know me. All they did was put on an act. Also the Khondii Valley isn’t the place I was born in, it was in another world. The Khondii Valley is where the Serpent Regiment was trained.”

 

“Wait, the Serpent Regiment is a military organization?!” Rag’noa exclaimed.

 

“Sort of, it's more of a training place where we try to survive in the wilderness for six months without dying, and is where I lived for six months.” The Blue Giant.

 

“Also what's your name?” Rag’noa asked.

 

“My name?” He stopped for a moment then continued “Eagle, that's my name.” He said.

 

“Eagle is your name? That's a weird name that sounds like you would give it to an animal. Like a bird.”

 

“That's because it is the name of an animal, at least where I was born. Everything else over there was completely alien to the animal I’m used to seeing back where I was born.”

 

“Oh I see.” rag’noa said.

 

“We’re here if you have any questions please ask one of the staff members they will try to help you to the best of their abilities.” Priestess Brismad said.

 

“Alright thank you for your help.” I said bowing.

 

“Thank you.” Said, Rag’noa, and Reia bowing as well.

 

“Thank you.” Eagle said, while yawning “Sorry it's been a long day for me, so I’m gonna clock in. See you tomorrow morning.” Eagle said, while laying down on his bed the sun was starting to set so we did too.

 

Laying on my bed I thought ‘Why did he ask me to come down here when he could’ve just come down here himself.’ But I shook that out of my head I had to get to sleep, and so I did.

0