Chapter 9
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Remis Prime Observation Station

February 13th, 2169. 01:02 hours

The girl was sitting in the chair, the mage I captured from earlier this morning was still unconscious, the anesthetics were still active but wearing off. Her white robes are as clean as it was when I first captured her.

 

Next to me was a woman, a Japanese one at that. Most would assume she was normal on the outside, but on the inside is an emotionless person who probably never experienced an emotion right until they met someone who made them experience something they’ve never experienced before.

 

That was a horrible mental condition being born into, it was exceedingly rare. Only twelve people have been diagnosed with the condition throughout the entire system. It was known as Emotional Deactivate until Causation Syndrome also known as EDC.

 

These people would do anything they could to get the attention of their desired ones. Sometimes it would be getting close to them. Asking them out like a normal person would. If they admitted their feelings to their desired ones and got denied it was known they would go on a killing spree removing any and all who would get in the way so they could get with their loved one.

 

The one next to me, known as Yande Takamori, was one of the few diagnosed with the condition. In school it was well noted she would sometimes come late to school with a “friend” either a fellow student or teacher. Although they would seem different like they were tortured.

 

Other times students were found dead mostly females, when the military captured her it was noted that she called them “Rivals” they were willing to give her anything she wanted, in return she would torture anybody the military wanted tortured.

 

Her first request of many was to marry her “Senpai” when she graduated. She met him when he was a senior in Highschool when she was a junior. That wish was granted, in return he wouldn’t be able to marry anyone else. 

 

She was so attached to him to the point of willing to commit suicide if it made him happy. If it wasn’t bad enough as it was. I trained with her during the AVATAR Special forces. She is someone who is brutally efficient.

 

Capable of taking down a Tanator with ease when told it will kill her husband, she violently began firing arrow after arrow at the damn thing and then skinning it, making it suffer. 

 

“Lt. Takamori would you kindly get information out of her like you would torture your “Rivals” back in your school days?” I asked, and she turned towards me.

 

“Really why would I? Couldn’t you do it yourself?’ She said, it was clear she wouldn’t just torture someone without reason which was expected.

 

“Just imagine she wants to take your Husband and make him hers.” I said, this caused her eyes to go empty to become cold and lifeless.

 

“With pleasure.” She said, approaching the tied women she slapped her awake which caused her to jolt at the sudden pain. She groggily opened her eyes and was met with an angry woman in a white uniform.

 

“Oh when you're done getting information out her would you please break her so I could use her for other purposes? Don’t worry this will make sure she’s far away from your husband.” I asked her, and she gave a vicious sadistic psychotic smile.

 

“By the way, how much time do I have to break her?” She asked.

 

“Two days, I want to give her some time to be briefed and to check if she can still do what she normally does.” I answered before leaving. Her vicious sadistic smile came back.

 

I left the room, and began to hear psychotic laughing that only got worse with time soon followed by a horrified scream.

 

“Seems like it isn’t truly sound proof unlike the engineers said.”

 

Back in the interrogation room Lt. Takamori was busy doing what she does best, convincing people to tell her what she wants them to do. She did it a few times back in Highschool, it was against her first rival.

 

I convinced her to come over to her house to stay the night, she strapped her to the basement chair, and began to torture her. In the end she was nothing more than a shell. No soul, no emotion just as emotionless as she was on the inside for her entire life until she hid it behind a thin veil of a nice shy girl. Her mother taught how to not stand out while she waited for the one who would be her love.

 

Then he came, if he was Jeseus who taught man peace, and love. Then she was the devil who taught man hatred and war. That day I learned of my first emotion: Love, then the same day anger.

 

Turning my thoughts to mage who was tied to the chair she gave off a look that showed fear like all the others she broke and was late to school because of that. Except there was a spark of hope in her just maybe she would be saved.

 

Can’t blame her though, this room was specifically designed to look like it was underground, even the surrounding hallways right until a certain part it started to look like the station again.

 

Better to stamp out that spark before it becomes a flame, so I began doing what I did best. Brain washing. It took time I know, it was even more difficult when it's in a foreign language you only recently learned.

 

But I could adapt, so I began to torture her, I first of all untied her she brightened at my action only to learn I was planning something.

 

“Take off your clothes.” I ordered, she didn’t do anything so I got closer and grabbed her by the neck. 

 

“Take off your clothes!” I yelled socking her in the face. She then began to hastily take off her dirty robes revealing her undergarments. 

 

I would first dip her into cold water, it was a new tactic I recently learned. Usually used on mountain units to get acclimated to cold weather but it was just as good at torturing people. I told her to take her clothes off so it wouldn’t get wet. I was torturing her not making her get a cold and die.

 

“And your undergarments. Completely nude.” I ordered harshly, she did what I asked. She was submissive and that would make my job easier. She did what I asked and took off her bra and panties revealing a relatively slim and flat woman. 

 

I picked up a bucket filled with cold water only a few degrees celsius higher than freezing and splashed it on her. She responded with a shiver, I wasn’t done yet. I then picked up a belt.

 

“Turn around.” I ordered, she did what I asked. I then slashed her. 

 

CRACK!

 

CRACK!

 

CRACK! 

 

The belt gave out a crack against her porcelain white skiing, she cried out in pain. When I was done with her. The once clean porcelain skin was covered with red bloody gashes and the surrounding areas beat red.

 

I was doing this to essentially give how well she would react if she didn’t respond with the answer I would want.

 

Naturally she didn’t respond well. She was screaming in pain.

 

“Sit down.” I ordered her, she was tearing up and she did what I asked, I tied her up again. Time to get to business, I got closer and she began to yell.

 

“NO! NO! NOOO!” She yelled as I began to do what I did best.

 

After six hours she wasn’t broken fully but she was becoming nothing more than a shell, holding what little remained of her. She was still nude. I gave her back her clothes which I washed while torturing her.

 

Yes I was torturing her, but I’m not a monster who wouldn’t give someone clean clothes after all I was planning on her converting her into a sleeper agent although an unwilling one.

 

“Put your clothes back on. Don’t leave the room.” I ordered her while untying her from the chair. I grabbed the plate that was on the nearby table, I then placed it in front of her.

 

“Eat.” Was all I ordered, she began to eat the food that was given to her. Usually I wouldn’t do this but I wanted to keep her alive.

 

I then left the room locking the door behind me, it wasn’t possible to see the code since the code was your hand and finger prints. It could tell if you were dead or alive. It also required all of your fingers including your palm which was unique to everybody.

 

I then left the interrogation room and reported to Senior Officer Lastimosos. I learned where she was from.

 

From a place called the Relainian Theocracy just north of the Elven Empire.

 

Relain Citadel, Relainian Theocracy

23rd Sextillis, 1055 A.E

Head Priest Elehron slammed his hand on the council table in anger. The report stated that the adventurers he hired to capture Heavens Creation also known as The Wanderer have all been killed. It isn’t known what exactly happened to the adventurers. They were aligned to the Church but they weren’t loyal, just aligned they went to church and were good people.

Hard times hit them and they were willing to accept just about anything to make ends meet. Elehorn didn’t care if they died; he only wanted what was rightfully the Church’s. He didn’t want to send in the Scriptures to capture the Angel; they were too valuable in destabilizing the neighboring Neunum Kingdom to the Elves.

 

Uniting the Human and Elven races were crucial to the survival of both races from the outside forces of beastmen. The Heavens Creation was that key to our race's survival, according to eyewitness reports it's able to find mines of resources and just dig them up like it was worth nothing. The Elven Monarchy would learn of this and begin searching for gold in the area.

 

Except it wasn’t the resources that Heavens Creation could find. No it was because it has the capability of going to Heavens itself. All it needs to do is call a Heavenly Carrier and off it goes. That was according to myth. Except even if it was not true, it could still be used as a weapon of war.

 

And this report all but confirmed it. It splattered a grown man into a nearby tree, and broke another man's bones and crushed him with its hands. But the mage that was sent along with them was nowhere to be seen, not even her remains. So it was likely she was sent to the Heavens.

 

If we could contact the Gods through Heaven's Creation it will be possible to learn everything about their magic and they get to keep her. This will allow us to unite the Human and Elven race then eventually the world. The Gods will clearly bless us with their gifts to allow us to win so he wanted to know that he thought that the word capture was not the correct word per say.

 

He thought the word communicating with Heavens Creation was a better word. The adventurers were nothing more than decoys so we can jump in and save it. Then gain the goodwill of the Gods. That was the plan, but things have been complicated from this report.

 

“Head Priest Elehron, what should we do now? You can send in my Scripture to capture Heaven's Creation, while another frees it. We are more than willing to sacrifice ourselves for the gods.” Said Sun-Rose Scripture Leader Alcca, Elehorn turned towards him, his white robes fluttering while he turned to his left.

 

“That will not be necessary, Alcca. Even though your Scripture is most successful in handling wild beasts, Heaven's Creation is not a wild beast. It is the perfect creation of the Gods so no, your men will not go.” said Elehorn.

 

“I’m sorry Head Priest, please forgive me.” Said Alcca bowing down to the Head Priest.

 

“Either way, this will prove to be difficult. All we know is that Heaven’s Creation is starting to become more and more hostile, as ordered by the Gods.” Said the Black-Bonnet Scripture leader known as Flosschw.

 

“That is true Flosschw, how about we be more direct this time tricks will not work. There's a saying “No pain. No gain.” The Head Priest said.

 

“So how should we go about doing this, Head Priest?” Asked another Priest, it was difficult to ascertain what it knew and what it did not know. Asking it would be a great start instead of just attacking it.

 

“Alright I think we should approach this from another angle. I say we should-” Then a runner busted into the room.

 

“Sorry about the interruptions, Head Priest but we just got a message.” The runner said.

 

“Speak.” He ordered.

 

“Yes milord. A couple of hours ago we found the mage adventurer we sent in to capture Heavens Creation You-,” he hesitated at the report “You should come see it, she doesn’t look the greatest.” Was all he said.

 

“Show me.” Was all his response, the runner nodded and he began to follow him. They arrived at a house with worried church nuns.

 

“Head Priest! Sister Hinmus, she's acting weird.” Said a nun. He didn’t respond. He only made his way to the church she had grown up in.

 

When he entered the church she was quietly sitting in the front row empty handed. It was clear she’d seen better days. Sitting next to her he asked  “Tell me what did you see?” For a moment there was silence.

 

She slowly turned her head towards her, he soon saw just how lifeless and hopeless her eyes were like they were a puppet. They were cold gray colorless like some just drained the vibrance.

 

Then she spoke in a language I couldn’t understand.”Him.” I didn’t understand it was in a language that He’s never heard before.

 

“What did you say Priestess Hinmus?” He asked, wondering what she said.

 

“Him.” She said again. Then he noticed something was off. On top of those lifeless colorless dull eyes had a thin layer very thin. Like it was placed on top of her eye.

 

It looked like it was in the eyes itself.

 

She then put her arm up and pointed at him.

 

“Him.” She said again this time with a slight noticeable fear.

 

Then a small voice came out of her head. It was hard to hear but with his enhanced senses he could barely just hear it.

 

“Alright, you're free.” I then realized it was the gods.

 

“Please do not go, my lord. In all your greatness you can’t ignore a follower of the faith so please hear me out.”he asked them bowing.

 

“Wait.” Said the voice in the unintelligible language.

 

Then she began to scream in pain as a blue light was coming from the back of her neck. Then it stopped.

 

“NO! NO! NO! I DON’T WANT TO GO!” She screamed then she stopped and her eyes closed.

 

 It then opened up her eyes were a different color now from the original gray lifeless eyes they were now a slightly different color. A slight reddish-green.

 

“We are not gods. We’re merely explorers from the stars.” She said, her voice patterns different from before.

 

“That can’t be in all of your greatness calling yourselves explorers is just a bit too lowly don’t you think? We could conquer the-” He was cut off from the Priestess.

 

“We have no interest in world domination. We have no interest in your religion, nor this world. Not even the greediest of politicians would be willing to waste money on a place like this.” The Priest said in the primary language of the Theocracy.

 

“Really? This is nothing more than a small church. Surely we should take this somewhere else and negotiate with you go--” He was cut off again.

 

“As we have said before, we have no interest in taking over this world. That includes negotiations, we’re contempt with just observing. That was decided by our leadership and as we’ve said before we are not gods. We’re nothing more than explorers from the stars.

 

If you do any more attacks on The Wanderer we will have no choice but to perform military action to protect our research interests on this world. Anything else that happens is only up to our leadership.” She said when the blue light came back from her neck for a few seconds she didn’t scream in pain when it stopped. Expecting something else he readied himself. But she came back “Are.. they… gone?” She whispered very little light was in her eyes.

 

He realized the extent of how much she was broken. Down to the soul, whoever did this to her knew what they were doing. It was clear that whoever did it also had mind control magic.

 

“Get up. Follow me.” He asked her, she shivered.

 

“I can’t. They want me to do something else. Everything they say has a double meaning only I can understand. They told me I would die if I betrayed them but they told me to continue living my life to the best of my ability. But it was clear they had something else planned for me. I don’t know so no Head Priest don’t take me. They know everything I know. Everything I will ever know they will know. They have an uncanny ability to see.”

 

“I think I can fix that.” The Priest said.

 

“You can’t!” She yelled.

 

“Why?” He asked, she paused. A tear fell down her cheek.

 

“I don’t know but I vividly remember being told no matter what you do you can’t remove what they added and broke.” She said she was crying at that point and she sobbed on his white robes.

 

“Alright, return back to your class when you feel better. I’ll tell the school to not count absent for the time being to allow you to recover. I’ll also have someone to check on you everyday.” He said.

 

“Thank you Head Priest.” She said before leaving for her room.

 

“What the hell is happening?” He silently asked himself.

0