Chapter 11
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I saw Hinmus jump onto Plausgen and just stab him without remorse or second thought then she grabbed my mouth and put me to sleep. That was all I could remember from the battle really before I reawoke to another place somewhere unknown.

 

The room itself was relatively sparse of things which made it look more like a prison cell than anything else. The only item was a door to my right, and a latrine to my left. I was in a chair tied. Meaning I was captured. 

 

Behind me was a bed of some sort. I couldn’t tell since it was in my peripheral vision. I couldn’t make out much of the details.  

 

The door in of itself had a slot of some sort on the lower half. Probably used to put food in it since it’s completely closed with no bars in between. 

 

I just sat there for a really long time since it felt like it. When the door opened I was met by a woman who I could only call cute. 

 

Her relatively short but slender stature is contradicted by her white uniform. Her facial features, such as her hair, made her look even more cute. 

 

She remained silent for the most part until the door opened again revealing a site I would’ve never expected. Hinmus. The girl who disappeared for three days and was one of my captors. 

 

The killer of one of the best students in the Academy. Her eyes are just as lifeless as she last saw them. 

 

The other woman that wasn't Hinmus began to ask me questions. But I didn’t exactly answer every time I didn’t answer them she tortured me. After she was done I was then tortured for hours. By the end I was just as lifeless as Hinmus was.

 

I was finally allowed to get out of my chair, but instead of trying to escape I just stood there. Until she gave me the order to follow her. I did what she asked. We then began to walk through metal corridors. Just as lifeless as I was, we passed by a few people except they didn’t even spare me a glance. 

 

I wanted to be saved by them and all they could do was ignore me. Why, what was with these people? They don’t spare me a glance. Is this like an everyday occurrence for them?

 

We eventually arrived at a room with many beds. Going off of its design it was probably a place where there healers worked. I was ordered to change my clothes into ones handed to me. I did what she asked. Eventually I found myself on one of those beds where I was being pushed to another room.

 

That was when I blacked out I couldn’t remember anything from that time. But When I reawakened I found myself feeling different. Then a voice came into my head.

 

“Get up.” It ordered, I did what it asked. I found myself in the exact same room I was told to change in. In front of me the exact same woman that tortured me, then more orders came my way.

 

“Eat.” I was told, I then noticed a small plate with some bread along with other things. I ate the food and I soon found myself standing next to her and some other people. It sounded like orders were being given out. 

 

I committed to those orders even if I didn’t know what I was doing or why. I later found myself on the surface of this world in a new school. As it turns out I was enrolled in this school to take out and capture the most dangerous of people that would be a hamper to their plans.

 

I would spend 1 month in that school before taking out the most powerful student. Someone called the hero. The country I was in was at war with the demons. It was the kingdom of Muriden. They would later lose to the invading demon forces.

2 months later

April 16th, 2169 

Bridge of Lunar Fall

“Captain Garza we have arrived at the wormhole, beginning the wormhole entry.” Reported by a sailor, the ship and her fleet soon entered the Wormhole. It was large enough to fit the entire fleet in one go.

 

After going into the wormhole for a few minutes they arrived on the other side towards a grayish moon similar to Earth's moon. They soon flew for a few minutes and arrived at the Remis I Observation Station.

 

“This is Remis I Observation Station Commanding Office Chi Li.” The commander.

 

“This is Captain Garza of the Lunar Fall. Are we clear to launch fire bases?” The captain asked.

 

“Affirmative, sending you the coordinates.” Then a series of numbers came up on the screen. It showed a valley in the Northern Hemisphere of the planet on one of the larger and more populated continents.

 

“Coordinates confirmed, permission to launch Fire Bases?” A sailor reported.

 

“Permission granted.” The Captain said, then was followed by two D21 Helon carriers launching with their payloads. Within 30 minutes they entered the atmosphere and in a few minutes they arrived at their landing zone. The Dracochen people watched in mixed horror and curiosity as the U.F.E set up their base.

 

“Base has been set up. Activating.” The sailor reported. The base opened up “Building Starport.” It then opened up one of its side containers revealing a large open pad that allowed ships to land and launch. After a few minutes the Starport was complete. 

 

“Starport complete.”

 

It was a prefabricated building built by the Support ship of the Lunar Fall. It was a Moon Class Ship known as the Spirit of Fire. A mostly unarmed ship designed for long haul journeys over interstellar distances greenlighted for the first large ship for a faster more efficient FTL Engine than the engines previously used to get to Proxima Centauri and back to the Solar System. Which used a combination of Lasers and a Material only found on Pandora and its surrounding moons known as Unobtanium.

 

Instead it used an experimental FTL engine known as the Warp Drive which bent space around it to get to other Systems faster than previously before. Although for now it was mostly being used to support the Lunar Fall and her Fleet.

 

After the Firebase was completed a small regiment of Marines landed along with a certain scientist who heard of the reports from the crew of the Remis Observation Station.

 

“My so what they say is true.” She said to herself. Although when they first arrived on Remis they didn’t detect it at first until they realized it existed and began scouring all frequencies and scanners to see where it was coming from. Although they weren’t able to tell if it was all over the planet or if it was congregated in groups.

 

But it was confirmed to be clumped up in groups of the densest parts. But it was present in the entire world in parse quantities. Just enough for someone who had grown into these areas to be able to manipulate it to some extent.

 

It varied where you were but if you had the right equipment you could tell how much was present in the ground as that's where it was most common throughout the entire Planet of Remis I. But where the Dracochen lived there was more of this energy present throughout the entire valley than the surrounding areas.

 

The scientist gleefully looked at her data even though there was a constant flow of men, supplies and materials being moved around. She made her way to one of the first tents set up. There wasn’t much outside a couple of chairs. But a table was being set up as this was planned to be the command room until a more permanent base was established.

 

“I see you're busy as always Anderson.” Said a voice, looking up she noticed it was Major John Forge, a well decorated soldier in the fight against the United Rebel Front.

 

“Well I have a lot of things to go through. But right now I’m mostly confirming the work of the people on the Observation Station.” She said, continuing to look over the paper.

 

“Looks difficult. How about you meet the locals you're going to be staying with for these next couple of years.” Forge said, she sighed and turned her tablet off, got up and placed it on the chair she was sitting on.

 

“I guess you're right can’t spend all day cooped up in a tent looking over Data they had months to research and confirm.” She then walked out the tent. Checked in with the Captain if she could meet the captain and was greenlitted to head down to the town.

 

She then made her way down the makeshift trail on the hill the Base was located on, with some men. She didn’t take a vehicle as it wouldn’t take that long. It was only a couple of kilometers away. It should be easy right?

 

How wrong Anderson was. She ended up collapsing on the ground after only making it half way there. “I forgot why I didn’t like field assignments, and I just remembered.” Anderson said in between breaths.

 

“I think we need to get you on a workout Anderson.” Said one of her escorts.

 

“I… know.” She said between breaths while being picked up by one of her escorts and began to lean on their shoulder. They continued to head to the capital of the Dracochen and when they arrived she sat down on a bench that was present. People were looking at her and her men. Especially the children.

 

Who were keenly curious about all the things she kept on her. One noticed her phone in her pocket which was a small stick to them. They didn’t know what it was and were pestering her with questions about the many things she had on her.

 

“What's this stick?” One asked.

 

“It’s… a… phone. Can you… give it back?” She asked, and the kid gave it back. That didn’t stop the questions from the kids though.

 

“What's those circle things on your face?” Another asked.

 

“They are… glasses. They both help me see… and help me interact with electronic systems I have access to.” She said, although that didn’t help end the questions it only fueled the kids curiosity. They continued to pester her with questions.

 

“What’s an electronic?” Another asked, she didn’t have enough energy to continue answering questions after the long (short) walk.

 

“How about in a few days I make a presentation answering any questions you have. Does that sound good?” She said the kids became overjoyed at her promise and dispersed from the scientist. Anderson sunken deeper into the bench till her phone buzzed from a call.

 

Opening it she saw that the caller I.D was her brother Rune. “Shit.” She quietly cursed to herself. She sent her brother to voicemail. She only walked for a few kilometers out in the sun and she was already dead and she certainly didn’t want to deal with her younger brother's antics.

 

Then the phone buzzed saying a message was sent. She took out her phone and looked at the message. It was from Rune.

 

“I know you're down on the surface, there's no point in hiding from your little brother. I could easily find you, right?” The message said.

 

“Shit.” She said, she then forced herself to get up “We need to get going, and get somewhere inside.” She said, they then made their way to somewhere other than where she was. She decided that sightseeing was a great way to pass the time, and learn more about the people she’s going to live with for the next couple of years.

 

She eventually decided to take a boat downstream just to enjoy the wind. Although she wasn’t exactly a nature person she still decided it was a good idea to be in nature while she could. Because in the city there isn’t much in terms of nature. 

 

Halfway through her boat ride she noticed a couple sitting by the lake. She didn’t think much of it until she got closer and realized it was Rune.

 

“Hey big sis! Why do you ignore my calls!” Rune yelled while throwing off his shirt, took off his gear and dived into the water and quickly caught up to the canoe. She in response began to row faster and harder to get away from the natural of a swimmer that was Rune. Although that was all in vain as he caught up quickly no matter how hard she tried.

 

When he arrived he held onto the Canoe. “ Why do you ignore my calls?” He asked again, this time quieter. He was barely panting at how fast he swam, meanwhile Anderson couldn’t even walk a kilometer without fainting

 

“...”

 

“You're just ignoring my calls because you can? Or do you hate me?” He asked.

 

“I see you got a girlfriend.” Anderson said while trying to change the subject.

 

“Don’t try to change the subject you idiot!” He said knocking the Canoe over and throwing her into the water as well while it flipped over. She quickly tried to swim up but couldn’t as she wasn’t the greatest swimmer. Rune waited 20 seconds before diving into the water then picked her up and took her to shore. When they got there he threw her onto the bank while casually walking out with even gasping for breath.

 

“You asshole! You shouldn’t be throwing me onto the goddamn bank.” Anderson yelled.

 

“That's what you get for not answering at least one of my calls. Nor even coming by the Tavern or the church and ask hey is there a person named Rune here? They would’ve directed you to the river bank, that's where you could’ve found me! You should’ve said hello and I wouldn’t have thrown you overboard and dragged your weak ass over to the bank.” He said.

 

“You shouldn’t be throwing people overboard at all! And what about all the equipment you just lost by doing that!” She yelled at him.

 

“Well you could’ve taken those notes after you were done with your little trip down the river.” He said.

 

“I was just relaxing! I wasn’t even planning on taking notes!” She said.

 

“Well why would you take your equi-” Rune was cut off by the other girl standing next to him.

 

“I know you guys are siblings and all but I w-” 

 

“Sora stay out of this family feud for me okay?” Rune said.

 

“You're seriously banging the locals now! I knew you were adventurous, not this adventurous!?” Anderson yelled.

 

“I’m not banging them, you're a goddamn idiot Anderson!” Rune responded, during the argument between the two people an old man came out from the bushes behind Sora.

 

“So they’re arguing again!’ Said the man, his hair was graying and wore a white uniform and white cap along with some medals on his chest.

 

“They do this all the time?” Sora asked.

 

“Yep, I’m their grandfather by the way. Also captain and commander of the expeditionary force sent here.” He said.

 

“Huh? You're their grandfather of those two and the commander of them. Can you stop them from fighting?’ Sora asked.

 

“Nope, no authority would stop those two. They would go to hell and back just to make a point. I’m Captain Garza, you can be Garza.” He said, handing out his hand.

 

“Nice to meet you Garza I’m Sora not part of the military so no ranking.” She said while taking his hand.

 

“That's fine everybody is not expected to join the military.” He said.

 

“So how long have they been fighting for?” Sora asked, she didn’t exactly want to intrude into Runes personal life but she was curious.

 

“The first time I remembered them fighting was when Rune was four and Anderson, his sister, was about where to go. Rune wanted to go see the tigers that were recently cloned. Meanwhile Anderson wanted to go to the History of Rocketry and space exploration.” Garza said.

 

“Wow.” Was all her response.

 

“That is not all. They kept on arguing about what to do. Even though Sora was two years older than him Rune was always the dominant one. One time he was willing to jump into an old dried up riverbed and explore it. Anderson said no and they as expected began to argue. Despite him being the dominant. That dominance only lasted for some time until Andserson turned thirteen and tried to rival him and went as well as you expected. She cried.

 

When Rune turned sixteen we moved offworld towards an O’Neill cylinder. It had lush green plains and lush forest. On the first day of moving there he wanted to go exploring the forest to see if there were any animals there. He led a bunch of the neighbors kids into the forest. Anderson didn’t want to go as she wanted to study. Rune responded with your always studying why not take a little break and go explore the forest with us?

 

She responded with well I don’t like nature, and so those two got into an argument again. Which led Anderson into a bad mood. While Rune attempted to drag her out into the forest to go explore it. She was fighting tooth and nail to not go.

 

Now let's just make things clear Rune is much stronger than Anderson to the point he could carry her like a baby with no sweat at all.” Garza said.

 

“Yeah I saw that first hand.” Sora said.

 

“So Rune wanted her to go outside even for like 30 minutes so he picked her up, carried her like a baby while she struggled to get out of his grip. He took her outside and threw her into the pool, and said.

 

I really want to spend time with you Big Sis but you don’t want to so I’m gonna have to force you. Now go put on some hiking appropriate clothes or I’ll lock you out of your room for the night and you’ll have to wear wet clothes for the rest of the day. 

 

My god Rune when he was younger was brutal as hell. Although he was good hearted he was awfully like me when I was his age.” Garza said, chuckling. Sora couldn’t stop herself from chuckling as well.

 

Eventually the siblings stopped fighting as Rune began to drag her up the bank.

 

“Oh hey Grandpa!” He said, while casually dragging Anderson “Getting to know Sora I see.” He added.

 

“Yep, she's a nice girl. She would make a great wife!” Garza teases, Sora feels her face become red hot at Garza’s teasing.

 

“You really think? The biggest limiting factor is whether or not the Government will let her offworld.” He said she became even more redder at Rune's comment.

 

“So you're serious about marrying her?” Garza asked “The idea of Great Grandchildren at the young age of 65! My, it’s every single grandpa’s wet dream!” He said she became even redder because she thought she would pass out.

 

“Well you did make a mistake or a right decision by marrying your wife at 19 and making her pregnant with my mother when you were only 20.” he said.

 

“Your going to marry a fucking Native, Rune!” Anderson yelled.

 

“What? The Spanish did that with the Native Americans when they came to the America’s.” Rune said he then stopped dragging Anderson and stood next to Sora. Sora saw Runes' abs which were like six of them. She felt her nose nearly bleed at the sight of them but pinched her nose to stop it from bleeding.

 

“They raped them!” Anderson yelled.

 

“And married them.” He added.

 

“Oh so we’re now arguing about whether or not what the Spanish did in America was ethical or not!” Anderson yelled while getting off the floor her clothes were wet and dirty.

 

“Alright you bastard-” Anderson was about to yell at her but was then picked up by Rune who then threw her back into the river.

 

“You mother Fucker!” She yelled, she then climbed out of the River yelling curses at Rune who just ignored her while grabbing a towel to dry himself off. Honestly I’m gonna marry Rune one day even if his sister was something.

0