Chapter 16
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Admirals office Lunar Fall

“End this war as soon as possible Admiral doesn’t matter what it takes.” Ordered Fleet Admiral Cole

3rd Jan 1056 A.E

What the Qingdao General Staff heard shocked them to their core; the entire army they sent was destroyed in a matter of minutes as the survivors began muttering insanity. Metal Golems that spat out the sun's rays and incinerated them.

 

According to the survivors a few dozen of those were at the battlefield and slaughtered over 95% of the army. It was hard to tell as no bodies closest could be identified as they were melted to steam. 

 

Soon the Qingdao General staff stated that they were heading back home to reinforce their garrisons and troops for the eventual one sided war that’ll come. 

 

“Why are you pulling out your troops?” King Jurusili asked

 

“It's so we can protect our homeland. These losses are unacceptable after a single battle.” Qingdao General Shi Li.

 

“You are abandoning us all you’ll do is make an enemy of us if you do pull out!” Jurusili said.

 

“This enemy is nothing like we’ve seen before in our long history. The Beastmen tribal invasions are nothing compared to these Otherworlders.” Shi Li explained.

 

“Really an unknown enemy is invading our world and you’re already pulling-” He was cut off as the command tent suddenly exploded. What killed them was no conventional weapons but a Magnetic Accelerated Coil gun also known as a MAC gun. It fired a metric ton worth of depleted uranium and was fired at 0.5% of the speed of light. When the depleted round touched the atmosphere it created plasma, when it hit the ground it created an explosion equivalent to a Megaton bomb.

 

The attack annihilated the entire allied army and their leadership. It was soon followed by thousands of landing craft as UFE finally invaded the entire continent.

 

Over the Imperial Capital of Riems people looked on in horror as the Lunar Fall entered the atmosphere putting the City under its shadows. It was alone as her escorts were busy being over other capitals and cities in Reanaca. Releasing its fighters and drop ships, UFE's invasion of Riems has begun. Bringing thousands of men to the capital of the Elven Kingdom. 

 

A similar scene played out over the entire continent as the countries that went to war with the UFE were covered in the shadows of Earth's Ships. 

 

Wyverns entered the air space, their mouths filled with fire as they prepared an attack against the invaders. The fireballs flew from their mouths and it got closer and closer to the ship before suddenly it hit something and disintegrated a blue barrier appeared out of nowhere before disappearing 

 

“What!” The captain of the squadron said in horror it was the last thing he said. A Optical Flak gun turned its attention to the squadron and with precise fire slaughtered the Squadron. Blue streaks of light came from the gun as the energy bolt tore through the wyvern.

 

Other wyvern squadrons launched, hoping to take the skies from the invaders. Fighters of the UFE shot them out the sky with a combination of Optical, Live automatic weapons and missiles.

 

At 1348 hours several squads of Spec Op units entered the Royal palace in hopes of capturing the king and having him surrender. The king of the Elven Kingdom silently waited there on his throne. Little did they know it was a suicide attempt to take out the invaders. King Riems activated the most powerful spell he had in his arsenal he built over the centuries. 

 

Suddenly the Royal palace exploded in a bright light as the blast tore the capital. The blast itself was equivalent to the bomb dropped on Hiroshima. It was at the cost of the king's life, the blast contacted the Lunar Falls powerful shield causing it to light up. The ship was left undamaged.

 

“What happened?” Garza asked. 

 

“A nuke was detonated, sir.” Lt Holland reported. 

 

“How come we didn’t detect it before we began our invasion?” Garza asked, not worried about the ship from the blast but the UFE soldiers on the ground. 

 

“We don’t know sir, but it originated from the Royal palace.” The Lt. said. 

 

The blast wrecked Riems' leaving collapsed buildings in its wake; the soldiers closer to ground zero were killed as their Shields couldn’t handle the blast, while others further away got as low as they could to avoid the high winds. Fires raged through the city as a heat wave washed over the capital. 

 

Thousands of civilians were dead in the initial blast which flattened most of the city. 

 

“Get more men down there to look for the wounded and set up a hospital for the people in the city.” Garza ordered. 

…………………………………………………………………..

Riems, Elven Capital, Charlie Company

1346 hours

Charlie Company quickly dispatched the enemy battalion with automatic weaponry, their LT A34 main gun fired armor piercing rounds at the armored ogre. The Royal army defending the capital was used as a type of heavy infantry. Also a weapon of terror which didn’t help them at all. 

 

The armor piercing shell fired at hypersonic speeds by the A34. The shell tore through the ogre and its armor leaving a large gaping hole in it as it collapsed to the ground. No sound came from it except from its thud as it hit the ground. 

 

Charlie Company continued their way closer to the city center, dispatching any and all resistance. Some attempted to resist but it’s for naught as the ballistic and optical weapons tore through them like butter. 

 

Bullets leaving wounds to try and bleed their target to death. Optical weapons when fired are made up of high concentrations of light and when they hit their target they tear through the body. It burns the areas surrounding it causing lots of damage to the insides. 

 

Optical weaponry can easily be stopped by shielding which surrounds the user. Every single Soldier of the UFE is equipped with Weapons Countermeasures.  

 

Suddenly a volley of arrows came from the surrounding  rooftops, apparently a group of archers weren’t noticed beforehand and were able to sneak around UFE troops. 

 

The arrows flew through the air and were stopped by the shielding. Charlie Company opened fire destroying the Archers who couldn't process what had happened fast enough.

 

There were two modes for light shielding constant meaning any and all firepower directed to the user will be stopped unless the energy directed to the shield is greater than the output of the shield. 

 

There are two modes: Constant and Passive .

 

Constant mode is constantly on but can drain the shields quickly at full strength but has the benefit of stopping live ammunition. The shape of the shield on constant mode can be changed and be connected with other shields allowing a Squad to move in the safety under their shield. Light shields are also one way meaning whoever attacks the user cannot hurt the user unless the shield cannot handle all the energy released by the attacker, but the person being attacked can attack back. A shields battery pack can handle the 

 

Constant mode has a major drawback and that is it will interact with everything. Meaning it will burn a hole through the wall you're using as cover if you're not careful and you forgot to change modes to Passive. 

 

Then there’s Passive mode. Passive mode is only activated when things directly hit it and breaks the passive shield as it's kept at the lowest power mode possible when the shield breaks it immediately jumps up to max power or to the user's desire. Either incinerating the arrow which is a solid object or dispersing the energy of the Optical bullet. It will only work effectively with anything moving slower than Sonic speeds or low amounts of mass. Meaning a person with a flintlock can tear through a Passive Shield, but a person with an optical gun, bow n arrow or someone throwing rocks cannot. Passive shields also have the added benefit of not melting any of its surroundings the second it touches it. Including extending the lifespan of the battery pack.

 

The Company continued moving through the city till a flash was seen in the corner of their eyes, training which was hammered into them kicked in. Their shields turned from passive mode to constant mode, it connected with the rest of the company's shielding and glowed a light blue not disappearing. The company dropped to the ground as they only had a few seconds till the blast and heat wave came. The wind howled as the shield barely kept standing and it constantly dropped as debris hit the shield at high speeds slowly whittle away at the shield strength. 

 

When the blast wave was over Charlie Company got up and didn’t deactivate the shield.

 

“Why did we drop a Nuke?” Private Donner asked.

 

Lt. Johnson responded “I don’t know.”

 

“I don’t think that was us who did it.” Sergeant Kuribayashi, the Japanese Sergeant, was correct.

 

“Yea Kuribayashi, correct. I detect no radiation at all.” Corporal Polaski added, her Optical LMG at the ready.

 

“A FOAB?” 

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Within a day the capitals of the Great powers of Remis fell under the overwhelming forces of Earth. A mere token force of the total size of the UFE defeated an entire continent with hundreds of millions on it. 

 

The elven kingdom was totally occupied and was immediately annexed due to the fact all of their leaders or potential leaders were dead. As the entire Royal family was killed, many nobles that survived the aftermath of the war fled to other continents hoping to be safe from the UFE which was a futile endeavor. 

 

The fleeing nobles meant no potential native leaders could be propped up as a puppet. Though they wouldn’t need one at all. 

 

Riems, Qingdao, Jurusili, Osterry-Hungro, Edoa, Vinicia, were all conquered and surrendered at the same time. The entire continent of Reneaca belonged to the UNE Out of Sol Colonial Administrations or OSCA. 

 

The unconditional surrender of an entire continent shocked the world as it only took a day for them to fall. A new era of Remis Prime began for the primitive one under the shadow of Earth. 

0