Chaoter 7: Mana??
398 0 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mass release chapter 2 of 3

Enjoy reading!!

___

As soon as I named her as if liking my name, her angry mood (for me checking her if she was a boy or girl) disappeared, it was as if she never got angry in the first place. She happily jumped around me and let out some joyful barks while looking at me with playful eyes.

'Ahh! This is so f*cking unfair... how is she so damn freaking cute??!!'  I practically screamed in my mind while looking at Fallen playing beside me.

Welp, who knew that the future ruler of all the realms... had a weakness to a pup's cuteness.

Suddenly a voice rang in my mind as I heard a feminine voice speaking,

"Thank you master for naming me and accepting me as your familiar. I hope I will be of great use to you and not disappoint you."

I was startled at the sudden talking in my head. I looked around to see who was talking with me. 

"Master?"

Realizing something, I slowly turned to look at Fallen and saw her looking back at me while tilting her head in confusion.

"Fallen, A...Are you the one who spoke to me just now??!!" I tried to speak in my mind, hoping that Fallen would hear my voice. 

"Yes, Master!! I meant to thank you for giving me a wonderful name and accepting me as your familiar. I prise to be of great use to you."

"Ugh...umm...no problem," I said slowly.

Shit, I was very bad at things like this. When I was a human, I never had friends to talk to and my whore of a mother and drug-addict father were never there for me to talk to them. So my social skills were even worst than a 1-year-old baby. 

"Master! What are we going to do next?!" Fallen did not seem to mind my bad response and went on to ask other things.

It was still daytime, so as soon as I heard this, a grin slowly appeared on my face, but most probably if someone else saw this grin, then they would most likely run the f*ck out of the cave or take it as a sign of provocation. Even Fallen was a bit scared of her Master's grin.

"We hunt."

___

For the next few days, I have been hunting with Fallen and exploring new places with her. She was a great companion and I enjoyed her presence. The day after Fallen received the contract, her size doubled what it used to be. It was like her contract with me gave her more strength and somehow increased her size. Her height was now about 1 meter and honestly, she looked quite beautiful as a wolf pup. Her fur became more silky and smooth. The black color of the fur intensified too, Overall, as I said...she looked just like some kind of royalty. Also, another peculiar trait about her was that she was very good at the art of hunting. 

She was a natural at hunting. She knew when to lunge at the prey and take it down effectively. She was very fast and quickly finished the opponent without extending the fight for too long. Her attacks were sharp and accurate most of the time.

Our daily routine was simple and it continued for a few more days. Today, I planned to go towards the deeper areas of the forest and explore the terrain there. I called Fallen and went off towards the deeper areas of the forest.

Fallen these days has found a new spot to sleep while we travel. She would get on my tail and sleep there while we are traveling. With my strength, her weight didn't bother me too much, so I let her be. 

After entering the deeper areas, the monsters I faced were more ferocious and stronger than the monsters I have fought before. After some time, I encountered a big gorilla with 4 arms. It had black fur and was almost 3 meters tall with huge bulky arms.

I motioned Fallen that I would alone fight this guy. Fallen understood my signal and left my tail. She went behind a few meters and stopped there to watch my fight.  

"Be careful Master!" She said inside my mind.

"Uhm...Yeah."

The gorilla thumped its chest angrily and let out a big roar. 

"ARRR"

It came charging directly at me intending to bulldoze me. However, I was not easy prey. I dodged the charge quickly and smashed my tail towards its abs. Surprisingly, the ape did not even flinch. It was as if my attacks were rendered useless. I was sure that this stupid ape's hard muscles were making my attacks pointless and futile.

It charged toward me again and this time I slashed my claws at his arms. My claws did cut through his hard pelt but were again stopped by its hard muscles. 

I was losing my patience now. Ever since becoming a dragon, I felt as if every creature that I have met till now we're below me and were inferior...except Fallen of course. 

Seeing my attacks were pointless against this 'inferior' ape, my patience was on the verge. After some more exchanges like this, I lost my patience and did something to the gorilla that no man should ever experience. 

While dodging one of its charges, I swung my tail at full force and directly smashed his 'future family production units'. The gorilla's face became purple as he began foaming with his mouth. 

"Growwll"

Heh, that's what you get sucker. I muttered in my mind. As I was about to relax, the bushes shook in the distance and another gorilla came into view, and this one was even bigger than the other one, almost double its size. It looked at the foaming gorilla and then at me. 

Its eyes turned red in rage as it let out a huge roar. The surroundings shook with the roar. After the new monster finished its roar, the whole surrounding became eerily silent.

It was...strong. Stronger than the gorilla before or any other monster I met. Logically speaking, I should have run away this time, without endangering my life. However, my mind was very happy at the moment to find a strong opponent to fight against. I knew that this was like staking everything, but I didn't care anymore and just wanted to fight this new guy.

Fallen was surprised too at the sudden emergence of the new enemy and wanted to come to my side to help every bit she can. But I motioned her to stay where she was. She was hesitant at first even receiving my order, so I let out a small roar to let her know that I wanted to fight alone. 

Seeing me so determined, she stayed where she was and gave a few small howls to encourage me. 

The new enemy charged toward me just like the previous monster gorilla. However, the difference was that this new enemy was too fast. Its speed did not match its stature at all.

I barely dodged this charge and tried to bite the abdomen of the ape. My teeth were even sharper than my claws, so my teeth, with a little effort penetrated the hard muscles of the ape and reached its flesh. I turned my whole body like that of a crocodile's death roll intending to tear out a chunk of its flesh. I almost succeeded in doing so, however, the ape gave a solid punch at my chest and threw me far away. 

The punch was so hard that I'm sure that if not for my hard dragon bones, my chest would have been mincemeat. Although my ribs protected my chest, they still did hurt. 

The punch was directly above my heart so currently, my heart was throbbing with great pain. 

Angrily, I let out a roar towards the ape. My heart was in pain as if someone had crushed it on a hydraulic press. However this time my roar felt...umm how to say... different?? 

As soon as I roared, something native brushed against my scales and playfully went into the cervices of my scales. It was as if I had this 'something' for a long time but I could not utilize it. I felt that the 'something' going towards my heart and concentrating there. Suddenly something began to quickly gather in the deepest part of my long neck. That something began to rush out vigorously with my roar as suddenly it shot out of my jaws. 

A blackish cyan beam shot out of my mouth and went towards the ape. The beam was so fast that even the space around it fluctuated.

The beam hit the ape and a sharp flash of light hit my eyes. I closed my eyes for a sec and opened them again to see what had happened.

However, I was shocked to see the result. The ape, the trees behind it, the rocks...everything disappeared for over 1 kilometer and all that remained was a huge pit with scorched earth.

I was stunned at the sight in front of me. Did...Did I do that?! Somehow seeing that I could cause such damage and destruction, left me very satisfied and happy. A grin was splattered across my scaled face as I fantasized about me soaring in the sky while causing such destruction down to the ground. How cool it would be. This one's on my bucket list then

Speaking of which...I completely forgot that I had to learn how to fly. Shit! Amid all the hunting and exploring, I completely forgot about flying. This time after going back, I will learn how to fly for sure.

But there was something that I was still confused about. What was that thing that brushed against my scales and felt so familiar?? Also, after I fired that beam, I could now feel that same thing stored inside my heart. 

Wait, if I'm not wrong...Dragons use magic..right?? So if I'm not wrong... Is this...is this...Mana??!!!

___

Next Chapter: [Orc Village]

20