24 Water Race
518 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Konoha.

Examination Ground.

"What! Only the top 20 teams will be allowed."

"It's just too difficult!"

Everyone who heard the Hyuga proctor's words drew a deep breath as what they believed was simple suddenly become difficult.

The explosive tags beneath the stream make it difficult for them to keep their balance on the water.

Furthermore, imposing a restriction forces everyone to compete with one another.

They could already see everyone fighting each other to prevent the opposing squad from advancing.

"The stream is little wider than 30 feet; if we were attacked, it would be difficult."

Mei looked at the stream and expressed her concern that there were too many variables in the race that could lead to their demise.

Maintaining balance on the water will be impossible if a fight breaks out.

"There are 45 teams in total, and with more than 100 individuals, we won't have much room to move."

Ichiro looked around as well, and after calculating the number of teams, he expressed his concern to Aokiji.

With so many individuals, the space will be crowded, making it impossible for them to move and free their arms to attack or fire a Ninjutsu.

"Yes, it's a little tough, but remember, we're from the Mist, and water is our playground."

Aokiji grinned, his eyes sparkling with confidence, which calmed Mei and Ichiro's somewhat concerned hearts.

"Just stick close to me; I have a way."

Aokiji was practically indestructible in water, thus he felt certain he would pass the exam.

Um.

"Silence!!"

Mei and Ichiro nodded, and the Hyuga proctor lifted his hand and shouted, drawing everyone's attention back to him.

"You must sign this consent form before the exam begins."

He pulled out a bundle of documents and delivered it to the Chunin proctors, who promptly distributed it to each team as they examined it.

"As you may have guessed, this exam forces you to fight; severe injuries and even deaths are possible."

"If you wish to participate, you must sign this form; if you don't, you may leave now."

"However, once the exam begins, it will only end after the race is completed."

"At that point, you won't be able to quit even if you wanted to, so think carefully before making a decision; you have one hour to do so."

Gulp...

Everyone was terrified by the Hyuga proctor, and they all glanced at each other with hesitant eyes, deciding to deliberate before making a decision.

"It shouldn't be necessary for us to consider this, right?"

"Captain, we're ready!!"

Aokiji shook the form before Mei and Ichiro as they expressed their willingness to participate in the exam.

Every mission they undertook had the possibility of them dying all these years, so the dread of death had long ago vanished, and they also had faith in their own strength.

Aokiji proceeded to hand the signed document to the proctor.

As time went, more and more teams opted to join, and 1 hour had passed.

"Good, 40 teams have opted to participate, and 5 have dropped out; without further ado, let's get started"

The Hyuga Proctor led everyone to the starting line, which was near the green flag on the shore.

"I'm curious how many people will perish."

Aokiji stood on the water, looking about at the competitors, knowing that the clear stream beneath him would morph into a bloodstream.

"Remember, you only have 2 hours, so go!!!"

*Boom!!!*

As everyone felt a huge shockwave from beneath the water, nearly toppling them from the start, the Hyuga proctor announced the official start of the exam.

"Come with me!!!"

Aokiji remained unaffected by the explosive tag as he proceeded to sprint forward, looking at Mei and Ichiro.

"Idiot!!"

Everyone who was still getting used to shockwave spotted Aokiji running and snickered because they knew he'd be the first to go down.

It is common sense to first determine the time after which an explosive tag would burst; only then should they run.

"This..."

But their contempt changed to amazement when they witnessed the water beneath Aokiji suddenly begin to freeze, paving a long Ice road ahead of him.

*Amazing!!!*

Even Mei and Ichiro had to accept that Aokiji was the true Ice King.

"Come on, hurry on!!"

Mei and Ichiro recovered to their senses after hearing the voice and rapidly followed his feet rushing on the Ice road.

"Boom!!!"

Another explosion was put off at this point, but it couldn't touch the thick ice made by Aokiji, and in the stunned eyes of everyone, the three continued on, leaving everyone behind.

Read chapters ahead on [email protected]/Navyking6666.

8