The Dreamer
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alakazam

  The sky was deep red and the terrain was always smoky and fogy, as the smell of coal and sulfur always stuck in the air, Alakazam walked casually through the streets, he stood outside a beautiful manor, pocket watch in his hand as he waited. The watch had a picture of his mother, she was a beautiful woman with dark brown long dreadlocks, a small scar that connected from her top to bottom lip, and deep brown eyes. She was smiling her usual big grin, as he felt a familiar feeling of warmth, as he closed the watch, noticing a man walking out of the manor. The man was a pudgy and larger-than-life man with dark skin and freshly low cut hair, clearly Masiyan nobility. Alakazam took a deep breath going invisible as he then winded up for a sucker punch. Surprising the noble, who staggered to the ground, Alakazam punched and stomped the man spitting on him as he revealed his form giving a visible middle finger revealing a tattoo on his right hand of a dagger dripping with blood. The noble wanted to scream out, but as he saw the tattoo he got the message. "Pay your debts or the Mustafa Family will leave you with more than a black eye," Alakazam said proceeding to beat and stomp on the man. Kicking his liver and punching him in the face, he stomped on the man until he felt satisfied. He left the man beaten and bruised up, his knuckles covered in blood as he wiped them off and made his way back to the tavern. He nodded to the bartender as he reached for the nearest newspaper. 

  He read the newspaper while seated in the corner, the bar was full of laughter and Alakazam was simply shocked at what he had read. "Hey, kid? You want anything," the bartender asked, Alakazam snapped out of it and shook his head. There was going to be a public execution held tonight, the Sultan always held executions for criminals. But the name, the person who was to be executed he just couldn't believe it. He closed his paper and ran out of the bar, then he walked out the bar the cloudy red sky and smell of ash and sulfur in the air filing his noise. As he saw the Sultans castle straight ahead, he had noticed the area was fully decked with armed guards and scouts, he cursed as he noticed the execution would only be hours away from now. He clenches his fist and punches the ground, "what happened Zade?." He said rubbing his forehead and trying to collect himself, walking back into the tavern, no one even really noticing as everyone was busy either gambling or drinking. He passed through the crowd and made it to the backdoor where he knocked once, waiting for a response, a deep voice responded. He opened the door and slowly went to face his boss, the man was regal and well-dressed, wearing a full black suit with a purple tie. He had long dark red curly hair slicked back into a ponytail, he had bright hazel eyes with two golden chain earrings and two hands full of diamond rings. "What do I owe the pleasure young man?" 

  He spoke in a clear and calm voice, seated at his desk as Alakazam remained standing. "I finished your task Sir, and I wanted to make a ask a request of you, " Alakazam said. "And what might that request be, young man?" He asked curiously "I have a friend who is being sentenced to execution, I need your help, Sir." Alakazam said even bowing his head slightly. "We have rules young man, you know we cannot get involved with the Khan family. Especially with a public execution of a Ghazi. If you get yourself involved with this you will be cut off as an associate of the family." He said it sternly but in a calm and collected tone. "Besides their execution is only hours away, even if we did involve ourselves that would get us too much attention. And be a fight we cannot win. We have done a good job getting the Sultans favor, do not tarnish it for one little girl," Alakazam nodded, anger seething inside as he holds his tongue. He wanted to throw hands with the boss, but he knew such a thing would guarantee his death. The man walked up to him and rubbed his head, ruffling his hair. "Kid, keep your head up, you have a good thing going. If you keep it up maybe one day you will become more than an associate." Alakazam for the first time in years didn't feel like a cocky gangster, he didn't feel like he was on top of the world. He had spent over five years of his life serving the family. He almost even made the mistake of feeling like this was his family, he had tried to forget the pain Azure had given him, the things he had taken from him. He held his tongue and left, giving a weak smile as he nodded to the man's words and walked outside the bar. He stood outside seeing the sign that read: "The Sheep Shack," the place he had spent and given his all, he could only laugh at his revelation. Checking his pockets and saw he had less than 20 gold on him. But he knew one thing, he was not going to let his best friend die, and he was going to do this with or without their help. He made his way straight to the grand palace, knowing this would be his first step to becoming his own man. And would be his resignation from the crime family.

0