The Grave Mistake
22 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jina stared at the old and almost broken screen intently. Her emaciated hands quivered in anticipation. 

5 years ago, Jina transmigrated with an appearance of a child into this interstellar world. Her peaceful world crumbled down and she had to feed herself by finding food near the garbage dump. Within those 5 years, Jina, a second-generation who only knows how to troll people on the internet, tasted what poverty is. 

Fortunately enough, Jina, who was quite interested in repairing things in her old world, was good at using her hands and can repair things. She managed to save more than 5,000-star coins in those five years and can finally enroll in a famous Technical School near this unnamed planet 88-05 she's in. 

Today is the day when the results from the registration would be sent, and Jina was eagerly waiting for lady fortune to smile upon her. 

*Ding

The mail arrived and Jina's hand speed was no lesser when she's still typing ridicules on the internet on her past world. She clicked on the mail and skimmed through it. 

Jina almost teared up when she read that she managed to grab a limited slot, and with no hesitation, paid the 5,000 tuition fee for the first semester. Her heart bleeds for the loss of the precious 5,000 star coins she's been saving but nothing can overwhelm the happiness that she's finally stepping into the road of money.

Jina rejoiced without completely looking at the name of the school she just enrolled in. 

---

Jina dressed up to her most presentable clothes while holding her little to nothing baggage. Unexpectedly, the Astrolo Academy provided the fees to the transportation to their academy, which Jina pleasantly accepted since she's only left with 520-star coins. 

When the announcement of her flight resounded on the spaceport speakers, Jina proceeded to show her ticket to the port employees and happily boarded the spaceplane while being absorbed in her delusion of stepping into the flowery road of riches.

But as expected, the good fortunes only come in one, but bad luck comes in two. 

Jina had the urge to cry when she saw the arch and the intimidating gates of her so-called Astrolo Academy. 'This isn't the academy I enrolled in...!!!'

"Alright! You newcomers look so scrawny! How will your thin muscles even kill a zerg? Tsk. Tsk. Form two lines and come follow me inside." A senior, wearing a navy blue military uniform, snorted and shook his head while leading them inside.

Jina blankly followed and thought, 'I'm here to learn and repair mechas, not fight using them, I'm a behind-the-scenes person! Why am I walking inside a military academy for?!'

Jina looked at the solemn atmosphere of the students inside the academy and suddenly felt that she was about to suffer again. 

The senior led their newcomers' group to a large open field where a wooden stage was placed in the center. On that stage, a middle-aged man wearing the same navy blue military uniform stood. Just by looking at the man, Jina felt that he was powerful and intimidating. 

After leading them here, the senior who led them saluted at the middle-aged man standing at the stage and quietly left. 

"ATTENTION!" The man shouted and the murmurs of the new students ceased. Jina blankly stared at the stage with despair written on her face. 'What grave mistake did I make? Why am I in a military academy? How?!' 

"All students in this field are to run ten laps here. Students who failed to do this in 30 minutes will be sent back to their home planets. There will be no refunds for your tuition fee but the academy will send you off for free." The man said, and Jina, who wanted to back off her enrollment, immediately changed her mind.

'No refund? 5,000-star coins gone just like that? No! It can't be wasted like that!' Jina gaped at the terrifying notice the middle-aged man said. She felt her soul almost fly out when the man said that there was no refund for her money.

4