Chapter 98
417 3 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While Yatong regarded Dong Zongying with a certain respect, he wasn’t too worried about her. There were more Holy realm experts on his side so as strong as she may be, she was only one person. She alone won’t be able to turn the tide of this battle.

The real problem is still that old man…

Yatong narrowed his eyes as his gaze turned to the Great Ancestor. The presence of that frail figure was emanating tremendous pressure.

A bitter memory emerged from within his mind and he recalled the beating he had taken three hundred years ago. Just the thought of it was enough to make him furious, but at the same time, a little helpless.

At this moment, Dong Zongying’s aura reached its peak and a powerful sword aura emerged from her delicate body.

The disciples of the mountain, along with the Graha who were fighting each felt the oppression in the air. They stopped their battle and turned to look at Dong Zongying in awe.

The second they turned their head, they only saw a flash before seeing a devastating green sword beam heading toward them, or more accurately, toward the army of Grahas who was standing on the floating platform.

The sword beam howled as it sliced through the layers of the atmosphere. It flew at lightning speed and tiny cracks slowly appeared in space before quickly regenerating.

Yatong saw the destructive nature of this sword strike and squinted.

Yet, he remained still and didn’t take any action. Instead, a man who was standing behind him stepped forward and arrogantly snorted.

We’ll trouble you, Bohai,” Yatong said quietly.

The man named Bohai slightly nodded.

His aura instantly soared to the peak of the Holy realm and without warning, a violent pulse burst from his body.

An ear-screeching wail rang out and slammed into the sword beam.

Followed by two loud bangs, a strong gale formed, pushing apart both forces who were fighting.

After the dust settled, Yatong’s angry face could be seen. He turned his head halfway only to see that some of his people had actually died in that exchange. It didn’t only include Grahas who were in the Life Destruction realm, but there were even two who were in the Holy realm. On the contrary, the people from the Arcane Mountain were all fine!

He recalled what happened earlier, the moment the two attacks collided, the sword beam from Dong Zongying exploded into hundreds of sword lights that rained down on them.

The sword lights were too strong, completely overpowering some of the Grahas, luckily, he quickly interfered and managed to save the others.

Bohai had an ugly expression, what happened was due to his negligence. Each Graha’s life was extremely precious and to have so many died because of him made him grit his teeth with displeasure.

He glared at Dong Zongying and floated high to meet her gaze.

Seeing this, the Grahas on the platform looked to Yatong, who nodded his head at them.

They understood his command and followed Bohai.

The two forces stared each other down once more.

Behind Dong Zongying, stood the Hall Masters, Elders, and disciples, their numbers were just more than a thousand with most of them being mainly in the Crystal realm, while only eighty were in the Life Destruction realm and ten in the Holy realm. This was the true strength of the Arcane Mountain that was usually hidden from the public, however, compared to the Graha, these numbers seem pitiful.

It doesn’t seem like there was any chance of them winning but their spirit was not dampened in the slightest. Their existence was for this moment, the reason the Arcane Mountain was created was for this moment. They were going to give it their all even if it meant death.

Unfortunately, not all of them were of the same mind, there was one individual who seemed ready to escape at any moment. That person was Xie Wen. He was standing at the back of the group by himself. His hand was tightly holding onto something that resembled a talisman and he muttered to himself repeatedly, “I can’t die here… I’m a Heaven Chosen, I can’t die here…”

In this kind of tense setting, no one was paying any attention to him so his behavior went unnoticed.

Yatong only saw the Arcane Mountain’s determination but didn’t think much of it. The Mortal Desolate World was never a challenge for him to take over. It was the same three hundred years ago and it was the same now.

The Great Ancestor was his only obstacle. But before that, he gave the two people beside him a look.

Yahui and Yazhu hadn’t moved and remained where they were.

Their expression was blank and their mind seemed to be elsewhere. The exchange between Dong Zongying and Bohai as well as the battle that was about to erupt hadn’t managed to catch their attention.

One could only guess what they were thinking.

Yatong frowned.

Bastards… What the hell is wrong with them? They’ve been this way ever since they returned from the formatic. What’s the point in bringing them if they’re just going to stand about and do nothing? Hmph! What exactly aren’t they telling me?

Surprisingly, it appears the two brothers Yahui and Yazhu had been quiet regarding the events inside the formatic near Solitude City. One could only wonder what happened to them to make them so tight-lipped and traumatized.

The older of the two, Yazhu, finally snapped out of his daze when he noticed the glare from his father.

Yatong had thought his son would hurry to join Bohai and the others but instead, he did something that flared his anger.

“Fa- father, we need to leave, this place isn’t safe. If- if he- If that person arrives it’ll be the end of all of us,” Yazhu timidly stuttered.

Yahui also joined in at this moment, “That’s- that’s right. Father, you need to retreat our forces immediately or-“

Before Yahui could finish his words, Yatong furiously slapped him.

“You bastards! This is already the second time you told me this. Once before we set out and now again. Do the two of you have any idea what you’re saying? Do you have any idea what the Autarch would do to us if we were to flee?”

Yazhu was unfazed and replied, “We’ll at most be sent to the Paralix, if that is the case then we could still fight for merit to earn our freedom but if we stay here then that person…”

“Enough!” Yatong roared.

Losing his composure, Yatong revealed his immense cultivation and pushed the two brothers back.

After a short moment, Yatong honed in his anger before slowly and quietly asking, “Just who is this person that you keep mentioning?”

“We- we…”

Yazhu and Yahui stammered. An image of a man dressed in black maniacally chuckling appeared in their mind and the only thing they could recall was the sounds of their own haunting screams.

They shuddered before dropping down to their knees, holding their heads, and deliriously cried, “We don’t know! We don’t know! Please! We need to leave, now!!

 
14