Chapter 1 Naming the Clinic
240 4 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A stark blackness coated every corner of the tiny desolated clinic with the only source of dim lighting coming from an ancient computer sitting upon a wooden desk. A faint tapping could be heard into the otherwise silent room. The tapping sound came from a young man who was quickly typing on his computer as if he was in a rush.

'It's well past 3 in the morning now. I should've done this earlier so I wouldn't have to stay up so late' Deion rubbed his eyebrow as he checked the clock on his desk for the time.

Finishing up the last of his work, Deion turned off his computer, yawning as he slouched back into his chair.

'It'd take me more than an hour to get back home and by then it'd be time for me to drive back here.' Scooching his chair closer to the space heater, Deion crossed his arms over his desk, laying his head into his arms.

'I'm just gonna sleep in for today…didn't feel like taking the bus anyways.' Closing his eyes, Deion let the slight humming of the heater lull him to sleep.

[...85%...95%...99%...]

Deion shifted in his seat, burying his head further into his arms.

Ding!

[Binding complete!]

Clatter!

Finally noticing a difference in his surroundings, our dearest protagonist Deion Lee, jolted out of his chair sending it clattering to the floor.

[Congratulations to the host for successfully binding with the therapy center creation system! Please take a few minutes to get adjusted to your surroundings]

Deion was perplexed. Binding? This voice? Could it be?

"My inner demons cultivated by poverty have finally taken over my soul leading me to this illusion…" Deion murmured. This sudden realization brought him down to his knees.

Disclaimer. Our protagonist is a normal human born normally on a normal planet called earth.

"No, an illusion of this caliber cannot be created by mere inner demons. Only truly ingenious masterminds could be behind this. Which means only those blasted fools from the Divine Guardians Sect or the Phantom Reapers Sect can be behind this!" Deion shot back up to his feet, his shout echoed through the semi-empty room.

Once again. The main character of this story is a normal human being and those sects are things he made up himself.

'Wait. Now's not the time to be roleplaying!' Deion slapped both of his cheeks leaving behind fingerprints as his rational thoughts finally took over.

Deion carefully scanned the room, trying to find out exactly where he was. 'Where the hell am I?'

Deion bent down, gently picked up the chair that had fallen down earlier, and put it back into its original position. He noted that the chair had wheels on it now and the desk had what looked like a cash register on it.

'Is this some sort of prank? Did they take my laptop as well?' Deion glanced at the spot on his desk where his laptop was supposed to be.

Heading towards the only other door in the room other than the entrance, Deion opened it to find a long hallway that was completely empty.  Closing the door, he went towards the bookshelf he'd seen earlier, picking up a book.

How To Become A Therapist For Dummies.

Deion scowled at the title of the book, 'Who do they think I am? If they're looking to get on my nerves then they've done more than enough!'

[Times up.]

[Welcome host. This is a new therapy center that you'll be able to upgrade through completing missions by treating clients.]

Deion winced at the voice that appeared inside of his head. Therapy center?

[Please select a name for your therapy center.]

'Wait hold on…I was brought here to be a therapist for…people in a different world.' Deion rubbed his forehead, pacing back and forth in the tiny room.

What name should I pick?

'No wait, shouldn't I be thinking of how to get out of this situation...Whatever I'll just play along for now' Deion sighed, throwing himself back into the chair, resigning himself to his fate.

Roleplay Therapy? That's stupid.

'Well, what do I want to specialize in?' Deion hummed, leaning back into his chair. 'I don't want my clients to feel pressured so…'

"Timeless Recovery Clinic." Deion brought his lips up into a smirk. "That's a great name. My intelligence knows no bounds."

That way it wouldn't matter how long it takes for them to recover because I'll always be here.

[Name changed to 'Timeless Recover Clinic.']

A floating blue holographic screen with words on it appeared in front of Deion.

[Mission #1 Find a client.

Time Limit: 1 week.

Reward: 500 USD + Beginner #2 Center Reconstruction Ticket + Access to the outside world.

Punishment: Forced Imprisonment. ]

"A week? I'd be lucky if I could find a client in a month!" Standing up from his seat, Deion placed his hands on the desk. "How am I even supposed to find clients if I'm not allowed to leave?"

[The system will bring clients compatible with you to you. However, it is your job to gain their trust and convince them to go through with treatments.]

[A beginner's package is available. Would you like to open it?]

"Yes." Deion nodded his head, sitting back down in his chair.

[Ding! Package Rewards: Melatonin + Incense + Beginner #1 Center Reconstruction Ticket.]

[A Beginner #1 Center Reconstruction Ticket is available. Would you like to use it?]

Deion nodded his head once again. This place needs a makeover anyway.

[The host will be placed into an unconscious state for the entire duration of the reconstruction. The reconstruction will take approximately 2 hours.]

Huh?

[Goodnight.]

In an instant, the clinic was enveloped by a stream of green and blue lights. Deion quickly fell unconscious as the insides of the clinic began to rearrange itself.

A small green light separated itself from the lights that surrounded the clinic. It went into the large mountain that was right outside of the clinic. Floating past the trees and under the moonlight that dimly illuminated the dense forest, it entered a  heavily injured silhouette that was being chased by three other silhouettes.

"Just give it up! There's no way you're making it out of the forest alive!" One of the chasing silhouettes shouted at the person they were chasing, the sound of rainfall slightly muffled his voice.

The person gave no response, continuing to run forward, using his hands to cover the wounds that appeared in his body. Shit! Shit! I need to find somewhere to hide.

Taking a piece of paper out of his clothing, the person tossed it at his pursuers. Strange symbols appeared on the piece of paper, as it set it off in a series of explosions. These explosions broke the pursuer's formation, forcing them to fall back.

That should be the last of them.

The person continued forward, stumbling occasionally on the mud created by the rain. The rain washed away the blood on the person's body, getting rid of the metallic scent he gave off.

Aren't they supposed to be from a righteous sect? How dare they gang up on me when I challenged one bastard to a 1v1!

A brief break in the dense foliage revealed what the silhouette looked like. A young man that seemed to be in his mid-thirties with dipped crimson red hair and dark orange eyes.

What is that? A shop?

There was a building covered in what looked like clouds a few miles ahead of him. He slowly changed from running to walking, letting the clouds cover him as he walked closer to the building.. A feeling of comfort that he'd never felt before washed over him. Glancing over the sign at the front of the building, he paused momentarily.

Timeless Recovery Clinic? Who sets up a clinic at the bottom of a mountain packed with spiritual beasts?

10