Chapter 3 Induced Slumber
185 5 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After leaving the room so that Ekon could sleep peacefully, Deion made his way back to the front desk. Hearing a familiar ding, Deion turned his attention to the blue screen that popped up in front of him.

[Congratulations! You've successfully made your first client.

Rewards: $10,000 + Access to the outside world + The host's former belongings.

Please check your inventory to redeem your rewards.]

"10k? Like actual money? I can use it in my world, right?" Deion breathed out speechlessly, looking bug-eyed at the screen.

[I would advise the host to use the money to further upgrade the clinic through the shop function.]

"But I can use that money to buy stuff in my world right?" Deion spoke up a bit louder.

[Yes. The host can use that money to buy stuff from the host's world.]

Deion started hopping up and down around the shop in excitement, giggling all the while, "YEEEEESSSSS!!! 10k! From one client I got 10,000 in cold hard cash!"

After about a minute, Deion finally calmed down, sprawling out on top of one of the bean bag chairs in the waiting room. Deciding to choose between checking his inventory or the shop function, he let his curiosity get the better of him and ultimately chose to check out the shop function first.

There were four columns that Deion could select: Ingredients, Recipes, Clinic Upgrades, and System Functions.

Deion selected the very first column, only to close it seconds later.

"It'll be a cold day in hell if I EVER decide to spend 50 thousand dollars on a flower." Deion shook his head and patted his chest slowly. He sighed heavily, rubbing his eyes before he returned to the screen.

[With all due respect host, that flower is called the 'Divine Frozen Hellebores' It can only be found in the deepest levels of-]

"I DON'T CARE!" Deion shouted, slapping his hand over his mouth when he remembered that Ekon was in the other room. He removed his hand from over his mouth, this time whispering. "Stop talking to me! There's not one thing you can say to me that can justify me laying down 50k for a flower."

For 50k that shit better give me the ability to regenerate limbs instantaneously.

[If the host combines the 'Divine Frozen Hellebores' with the right recipe then it could.]

Pausing at the system's words, Deion looks at the screen again and selects the 'Recipe' column. After seeing the prices in the 'Ingredients' column, he was no longer shocked at the prices of the recipes. He scrolled down the 'Recipes' column for a few seconds. If I could create an elixir that could regenerate limbs I could sell it at an exorbitant price to some of the rich higher ups of society.

He stopped scrolling and exited out of the 'Recipe' column. If I do that I'd be no better than those godforsaken capitalists.

He glanced regretfully at the 'Recipe' column. ImnotgonnadoitImnotgonnadoitImnotgonnadoit.

He could roughly guess what was in the 'Clinic Upgrade' column so he skipped it and went straight for the 'System Function' column as he was more interested in how the system worked.

[Upgrading the system can upgrade your rewards and it can unlock functions that you were not aware of previously.]

Upgrade the system to level 2…Nah I don't have 20k

Information on clients??? Although it kills me when clients withhold information from me. It's a huge invasion of privacy. I'd rather have them tell me themselves.

Recruiting Assistants? I can hire Assistants? How?

Deion clicked on the 'Recruiting Assistant' tab to see more information on it. I can choose anybody I want from my world huh? Quincy and Ruby would be the perfect people that I could make into assistants but right now's not the time. I can't afford 2,000 a week. I only have one client right now so it'd be a waste of money. Maybe sometime in the near future.

He opened up his inventory to find all of his belongings that were taken from him.

Finally, I have my laptop and phone back.

Checking recent news and finding nothing has changed in the time he was gone, Deion walked to the room that connected the clinic to the studio apartment to go to sleep. He turned the doorknob twice but it didn't move at all.

[Please refrain from leaving the clinic while a client is undergoing treatment.]

Deion signed and laid down on the bean bag chairs in the waiting room. He brought his phone out of his inventory and clicked on a game to play as he waited for Ekon to wake up.

"What happened to my wifi?"

[Please purchase wifi from the shop.]

He sighed as he looked at the prices for wifi in the shop. Upon seeing the price of $55 a month for wifi, Ekon's eyes shot up.

That's actually pretty decent. I thought that the system would upcharge me and make me pay like 8k for a week of wifi.

He purchased the wifi and decided to watch a movie instead of playing games while waiting for time to pass by.

The faint purple smoke slowly faded from the room as the incense ran out. Ekon's eyes snapped open, and he reached up to grab his clothes in an attempt to calm his thumping heart down. Cold sweat soaked through his clothes, sticking him to the leather chair that he was sleeping in.

I fell asleep.

He looked at the empty incense dispenser that was on the desk neat to him. That little thing actually managed to put me to sleep. How?

He jumped out of the chair in a hurry, stumbling slightly due to how fast he was moving. He hopped up and down in precise movements. I feel light like I'm stepping on a cloud.

A dull throbbing pain in his head made Ekon unconsciously run his fingers through his hair, he paused his movements and brought his hand to his face upon finding it dry.

The injury on my head has healed.

Wait!

Ekon patted his body down and hopped back onto the reclining chair in a meditative pose. He sat still for a few moments, his eyebrows scrunched together and his mouth drooped into a frown.

All of my external injuries are healed! Not only that…A fourth of my internal injuries were healed!

Ekon stormed out of the treatment room, heading straight for the waiting room. His eyes scanned the pastel yellow room, landing on the cause of his confusion and awe. Among the unending amount of questions that raced through his mind, only one managed to make its way through his mouth.

"What the hell are you?"

Alerted by Ekon's presence, Deion turned off the tv, and slowly got up to his feet. He stretched his arms above his head and leaned over cracking his back.

Deion's silence only served to make Ekon tenser. Ekon brought his hands back into a fist to prepare to attack Deion at any time. 

Ekon's eyes followed his every movement, anticipating a sudden attack. Unaware of this, Deion cracked his neck one last time and then turned his head to glance at Ekon. A polite smile formed its way onto Deion's face.

"That took quite a long time."

"Did you have a peaceful dream?"

9