Chapter 1: The Murder
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

   Fourteen year old Eden Satire stared down at his hands. He blinked. 'Why are my hands covered in blood?' He turned to his left and saw his mother's dismembered head which made him jump. 

   'W-What happened?' He thought while his body shivered. A mushy feeling was underneath his foot and he looked down only to see that his foot had stepped on his father's arm that was still bleeding out continuously like a waterfall.

   Eden walked towards the mirror that was near his father's dead body and stared. His once azure blue hair was dyed red with blood as it dripped down onto his pale milky skin. The wretched color stretched far and wide onto his clothes which consisted of a once-white T-shirt and jeans.

   His galaxy-like pink-purple eyes shined brighter than ever except it looked duller like a dead fish's eyeballs that were recently fried. Dry blood laid atop his pink lips. Eden was sure that wasn't his blood but rather someone else's...maybe his parents'. He brought his cold fingertips and tried wiping the blood off of his lips. 

   He realized something as he glanced at his feet. There was a bloodied knife. He began panicking. 'Did someone murder my parents?' He looked around the dimly lit room, finding nothing but himself in it.

   Out of instinct from watching too many murder documentaries, Eden took a towel that was soaked with blood and wiped the knife clean. He knew that the police would find the blood again yet he was still rubbing it vigorously as if he was desperate.

   Eden gazed around the room as he felt his body shake in fear and disgust.

   The scenery was that of a massacre just like the movies he had seen. He could feel the cold dark abyss enveloping him from behind, stretching its long arms as it crawled on the cold floor. Oh, how Eden hated that feeling. He wanted to vomit right then and there. Chuckles echoed in what was once called home for the teen.

   Eden turned around and saw no one but the chuckle got even louder than before. It sent chills down his spine as he searched desperately for the voice, but no one was there. That was when he stepped on something mushy and a crunching sound can be heard.

   He swallowed his cowardice and looked down, only to see his mother's bashed-in head. Her skull was broken into huge chunks that now lay on the carpet and he had just stepped on what seemed to be her eyeball and some small shards of bones. It seemed that a blunt object was used alongside the knife he was holding. 'An accomplice?'

   Blood oozed out her empty eye sockets, eyes that were once alive and able to see...now gone...eyes that once gazed at him affectionately. It was a harrowing experience. As he struggled to get away from their bodies, cold sweat trickled down his face and back. 

   His father's legs were stabbed repeatedly until they bled out like coke with mentos added in. His bones poked out of his pants, some of them even have cracks. Eden looked to the side and saw a rather...interesting-looking mark on the back of the book lying dormant near his mother's body.

   The mark was in the shape of a birdcage with a doll inside. After a few seconds after he noticed that mark, it immediately vanished into oblivion. He blinked as confusion surged to his brain. Maybe it was because of the adrenaline that he was starting to see thongs. His heart clenched as if someone was attempting to rip it out with force.

   He wasn't acting like himself and he was aware of it. For some apparent reason, he wanted to wipe the blood clean once again. He tried to stop himself but, he was too late. His hand reached over for another towel.

   It was as if he were a marionette being controlled. Eden could feel his hands thoroughly washing the knife, scrubbing every nook and crevice to remove the revolting scarlet tint. 

   He was about to take another towel from the cupboard when he heard the police siren. He kept a straight face at first but deep down he was scared. Eden was at a loss for what to do; after all, this was his first visit to a crime scene.

   Eden wasn't himself because he poked both of his eyes using his fingers and began crying from the pain he inflicted on himself. He's confused. Who did this? A warm feeling tightens around his chest, oh...how he wanted to bash the murderer's face in as an act of revenge.

   Suddenly his head began spiraling in pain. Fragments of his suppressed memory appeared in a flash leading to him screaming in pain. He was now drowning in his own memories as that same abyss enveloped his body with a snicker. «Good luck...»

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'(*゚▽゚*)'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

"Eden?! Drop that knife down right now young man!"

"What did you do to your own mother?! "

"Son of a bitch, that fucking hurts."

"I'll fucking murder you."

" ELIZABETH! WAKE UP!"

"Bella-call the cops!"

"D-DAD!!"

"GET AWAY FROM ME YOU FREAK!"

"Hello-? Please help. A murderer is on the loose in my house and he's my brother!"

"WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS, EDEN?!"

"Please don't kill me!"

"Sorry, Eden but I'll have to—"

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'(*゚▽゚*)'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

   And then the memory sequence abruptly ended, leaving Eden to wonder what had happened. He inhaled deeply as his heart raced at a million miles per hour. Eden tried his hardest to gather his thoughts, but he was still terrified and panting frantically, catching his breath.

   'Kukukuku...this is getting exhilarating!' An unknown voice whispered to him. Strangely enough, it sounded exactly the same as the chuckle he heard a few moments earlier.

   'Trust me, little Edie. They'll believe us!

   "Who are you?!" He yelled as he clutched his head, trying to find the source of the voice. A low giggle resonated around the room, prompting him to grab the knife as he pointed it weakly in front of him. His eyes were still darting about the room, looking for anyone who may be hiding in the darkness. 

   "Get out of here you c-coward!"

   'Ho...? Trying to threaten someone while you, yourself, are scared shitless. Eden, you're a genius!' The voice said, clicking his tongue. 'I still can't believe you're the same boy that was the cause of this incident. Boring~'

   "W-What are you talking a-about?"

   'Oh poor you...you have no recollection of the incident at all!' 

   Confusion can be seen being plastered over the teen's face. Everything didn't make sense at all. First, he woke up next to a pool of blood with his parents' dead bodies. The next, he was in pain thanks to random memory fragments and now, he was talking to a non-existent ghost.

   Has he finally gone crazy?

   "What the hell is going on?" He muttered, still trying to process everything that occurred. It was...too bizarre. His head was still throbbing thanks to the episode he just had with his memories. 

   'You murdered your parents, duh.' A yawn came from the unknown voice.

   "There's no way I'd murder my parents! They're extremely kind to me so there's no reason for me to even kill them." His voice resonated throughout the house. The pain that came from his head surged forward. He was completely alone at this point. He now understood he wasn't dreaming. His sister was missing, and both of his parents are laying dead on the fucking ground.

   No response came.

   "B-Bella! Are you here?" A small object fell to the ground, generating a pounding sound. Soft tapping sounds can be heard. The noises were faint...she was probably upstairs. He approached the stairs and began climbing. 

   'She's probably in the attic...' He glanced upwards and pulled down the small rope dangling down from the ceiling without too much struggle. The ladder made contact with his face, resulting in Eden groaning in pain. His nose was not broken but it certainly was leaking blood. He poked his head inside the attic and scanned around the small room. 

   'You know your sister very well~' 

   'It can hear my thoughts?!'

   'Yes, I can hear everything that you think of, Eden my boy.' 

   He just stared with wide eyes, like the whole world was crumbling apart around him...he didn't even shake. Eden was just there, standing frozen in his steps. He was in total paralysis without realizing what will happen after that. He didn't even know how to respond. 

   'Just kidding~' At this fucking point, Eden could feel himself losing braincells every time this fucking annoying ass voice kept talking to him. Perhaps ignoring him would be the best choice so as to not make his hair turn completely white from stress with dealing with this bullshit.

   He was about to climb inside the attic when a yell  "DON'T COME NEAR ME YOU MURDERER!" His breath hitched. Eden's heart was now shattered into pieces. For a while, he just stood there, face devoid of any emotions. 

   His sister, whom he cherished dearly, was saying something extremely hurtful and accusatory. His ears were ringing with cackles from that annoying bug. In frustration, Eden gritted his teeth. "Shut up." He managed to utter out as his nails dug into his palms, nearly drawing out blood. 

   "I'll ask you again. Who are  you?"

   "The hell? Who are you even talking to?" She blurted out before covering her mouth with both her hands. Her figure was still shivering in the darkness. Bella's neck bopped up and down as she tried to swallow her sobs. 

   "Do you not see him standing right here, Bella?" Eden asked, pointing to an empty spot in Bella's eyes. She shook her head wordlessly while glancing at the knife that was still in his hands. 

   'I forgot to mention something...only you can hear me...kukukuku...' he heard Azrail chuckle while the sound of chains  being dragged across the floor were ringing inside of his head.

   "Not only have you killed our parents, but you're also turning insane," Bella said and was about to grab a knife on the floor when his body moved on its own to kick the knife away from her grasp.

   'Eden' picked up the knife and twirled it around like a horse on a merry-go-round. "Kukukuku...how fascinating! You, a weakling trying to kill me? How exhilarating this has become!" Eden stumbled a bit before covering his mouth with both his hands. 

   'What the fuck was that?' was his thoughts as he stared at his distraught sister. Bella, however, only stared at him with contempt right before dashing to the window and leaping off of the balcony.

   Like a flash of light, Eden caught her and held her firmly, making her trapped. She yelled for help out of the window but nobody heard her, after all, this was a small town. "Scream more and you're dead." Just like before, Azrail spoke on his behalf, holding the knife up to her neck. The blade dug into her neck, drawing blood.

    Bella smirked as she tried her hardest not to let out the chuckle that was threatening to come out. She had outsmarted her brother as always. Police sirens rang in the background and she finally broke. "Even if I die here, you get to rot in hell, murderer." Her laugh echoed throughout their house sending shivers down Eden's spine.

    He didn't even commit this murder yet he was going to be framed for it. Eden cursed under his breath and let her out of his grip. That was when they all hear the police kicking the door down.

   'Leave it to me, Ed. I'll help you get away with murder.' 

   "For the last time, I didn't kill anybody!" Eden yelled in frustration while Bella watched in amusement. That was when she fled the scene and jumped out of the window.

   Azrail began possessing Eden's body, making the poor boy tumble down as his knees buckled. "Shit. I forgot you're still weak." He mumbled before poking both his eyes out, making tears jerk out of his eye sockets.

   After smashing down the door, two police officers appeared, guns drawn and fully loaded, with backup waiting outside. As the shoes of a tall woman—presumably, one of the police offers—was wearing produced clicking noises, she approached him cautiously.

   "T-The murderer...h-he...he f-forced me to watch m...my...parents slowly die...they were screaming...their b-blood spilled...o-on me..." Azrail muttered, his words stuttering as his body shook and tears streamed from his pink-blue eyes.

    The policewoman neared him and gently placed her hand on his shoulders, causing him to flinch. The officer put down her weapon and comforted the bloodied, sobbing teen. "It's okay...you'll be fine...we'll take care of you and protect you from that murderer." she patted him on the back and whispered. Eden wanted to believe her for a second as he floated next to Azrail.

   Dirty blonde hair flowed alongside the icy cold wind of the night. Her deep ruby eyes stared into his soul as she whispered comforting words into his ears. He wasn't sure what to do so he looked at her face one more time.

   Her hair was messy as she tied it into a low-hanging braid. A mole lay underneath the right side of her bloodshot eyes. Her expression was that of worry.

   Huh? Since when did Eden get his body back?

   He inhaled deeply and hugged her back, throwing his arms around her and burying his face in her shoulders, inhaling her rosy scent....how ironic. Azrail, on the other hand, wasn't taking it kindly, hissing like a serpent and attempting to remove Eden from her grip. But of course, his hands only phase through their bodies, sending cold shocks to Eden's body.

  'She's tricking you! Get your goddamn hands off of her, Eden.' Eden blinked and withdrew his hands, earning a satisfied sigh of relief from his twin.

   "Come on, Rose. We need to get the kid to the hospital. Our backup will come to investigate the scene."  Eden stared at the man who said this. He had his forehead exposed with a couple of hair clips, adorning hair hair. His purple-pink gradient hair was shining like a highlighter.

   'Does he not know what a toner is?' Eden scoffed and continued to examine the strange man's features. His thick purple eyebrows seem to grow even thicker the longer he stared at them but it was probably only because of his anxiety that was making his vision wonky.

   "Fine, Jacob. You drive." She said while hurrying to the car with Eden following shortly behind. With the intensity of the man's gaze on his back, he gulped down his saliva and felt the ends of his hair spike up. 

   The blue-haired teen returned the stare that was piercing his back. With a nasty and indifferent expression on his face, Jacob's brown eyes stared at Eden. His star-like pupils glowed subtly and he quickly turned away from him, focusing on the bloodied doorway instead.

   Eden turned to the front and that was when he noticed their uniforms? It was more like a suit than a uniform but it was still fashionable. The black jacket wasn't long enough to reach the waist but was instead stretched downwards only till where the lungs were situated.

   There were also strings that were attached to the bottom of the jacket making it unable to move around in the wind. They both were wearing pants that looked like it was made from the highest quality of wool. It was dark, extremely dark but it radiated light from the moonlight very well as the pants looked as if they were white.

   Eden sat in the backseat of the car, deep in thought as the familiar scent of roses hit his nostrils, making him a tad bit sleepy. Azrail snarled while glaring at the two officers.

   "We're going to question him, yes?"

   "Of course...we have no choice since M.C ordered us."

   "Glad to know you aren't swayed by your emotions this time around, Rose."

   He raised an eyebrow staring at the adults in the front seat. "Why can't I hear them?" He quietly asked Azrail who was sitting next to him. The other boy only yawned in response before stretching. 

   'Voice filtering.'

   "Ah...I see...what do you think will happen next, Azrail?"

   'Oh, I don't know, genius. Didn't you watch a ton of murder documentaries? Pretty sure they described the process there unless our little Edie here was lying.' He rolled his eyes while running his fingers through his hair. Black goo dripped down from his lips, landing on the car seat. The boy wiped the goo but more only flowed out.

   "Do you think I can think straight with the shitty event that just happened?"

   'Fair point. Probably gonna get questioned. I can help with that, you can rest or something.'

   "Wow, you're actually nice..." With that, Eden's consciousness was kicked out of his body and now he was in his spirit form. He gave his twin a small smile before laying down onto his body's lap and closing his eyes, resting for the night.

   Azrail had a smile on his now goo-less face. Despite the cold hitting his lap, he didn't flinch and tried ruffling his brother's hair, only for his hand to be doused in ice...at least, it felt like one. It seemed like this brother of his will be more troublesome to take care of than he anticipated but Azrail was willing to make this sacrifice to care for him.

   After what seemed like forever, Azrail's shoulders were being softly shaken by none other than the blonde haired woman. "We're here." She whispered as Azrail, being the award-winning actor he was, rubbed his eyes while yawning.

   He was then sent to room 3 on the first floor. He got new clothes—hospital clothes—and a bracelet that told everyone his room number and his patient ID. He sat on the hospital bed as Jacob asked him questions regarding the murder of his parents.

   "There was...blood everywhere...I-I don't know what happened...I-I was just upstairs doing my homework...t-then I heard some noises and w-went downstairs..."

   "Hold up, kid. It looks like it's my time to switch with my...partner." The purple-haired man stated before biting onto his nails and placing down his notes. He sighed and walked out the door, closing it with a clank.

   After what seemed like forever, a man with blood-red hair, and an emerald eye walked into the room. He looked to be in his early 20's. The man had an eyepatch on his right eye, covering what has been lost to time. His thin red eyebrows were quivering at the sight of Jacob's notebook that said man forgot to bring with him.

   "Ahem...hey, little man!"

   "Hello..." Azrail whispered, cautiously studying his facial features. It looked too familiar that it sent him shivers down his borrowed spine.

   "What's your name?"

   "Eden Satire."

   "Alrighty. Thanks for the cooperation. The name's Adrain. Now, now...let me just ask ya some questions, alright?"

   The navy-haired teen nodded—well, now he's azure-haired—before taking a sip of water.

   "Hmmm...can you recall what happened? Try your best to remember, kiddo."

   "I was...upstairs, doing my homework when there were s-sounds. I-It was my mother's..." Azrail took a deep breath in and placed both his hands atop his head. "Then after that...I think...my f-father was screaming for help. I was...scared. I didn't know what to do so I stayed inside of my room."

   "Go on. You can do this."

   "Then something...happened? A-And suddenly, I heard their footsteps coming upstairs."

   "Was it soft or loud. Any patterns?"

   "No. I...don't think so. It was erratic. Sometimes it had...a rhythm and sometimes, no."

   "Not the Somnium killer then...go on with your story."

   "Uh...I think they went past my b-bedroom? I'm not sure w-why..."

   "Where was your sister?"

   "She was...in her room, I think? Probably knitting."

   "Mhmm, how did you get so bloody?"

   "T-The murderer...they dragged me out of my room and...and forced me to watch them b-bash my father's skull in. I c-couldn't anything!"

   "Yeah...why did you think they spared you?"

   "I...don't know. They probably wanted me to suffer. But I swear on the family name of Satire that I will get my revenge."

   "Alright. I'll ask you a couple more questions and then you can rest for the day here."

   The interrogation went by without pause and nothing of note really happened. Just a back and forth with a lot of stuttering that made soul-form Eden die inside after listening for a while.

   'What do you want as a reward?'

   "Vanilla. Any form of it." Azrail responded while drinking more water. Acting like a scared child was taking a toll on his throat.

   'I'll keep that in mind. You deserve it.'

   "Thanks, buddy ol' pal. You can have your body back now."

   Eden hummed in response before tumbling down onto the ground. "Damn it." He cursed under his breath before getting back up only to be interrupted when the door swung open.

   Rosemary was there.

   She walked in and gave the teen a hug. "I'm sorry..." She was sobbing? Why would she?

   Eden's mind stopped working for a moment.

   'She's not lasting long if she gets this emotional.' Azrail dryly commented before circling the blonde woman.

   "What am I supposed to do?He whispered softly to Azrail but the latter didn't reply.

   'Probably mourn for your parents? Man. I thought was emotionally stunted. Tsk tsk tsk.

   "Mom...dad..." The azure-haired boy whispered softly, clutching onto the older woman. "I...I'm sorry..."

   "A-And, miss...you shouldn't cry over a stranger."

   Like a broken record, she apologized over and over. It was starting to get irritating for Eden but of course, he couldn't do anything. He needed to seem like a victim.

   "I'm sorry...I promised your parents yet..." She continued sobbing. "They—They took care of me when I was at my worst and...I promised them..." Eden's grab onto her tightened as his eyebrows were raised in astonishment.

   'Damn...Uh...I can help?'

   Eden subtly nodded and his control over his body slowly faded before he felt lighter...like a feather of some kind.

   Azrail began sobbing, trying to catch his balance after his possession. This, however, only cemented his victim image. He now seemed like a boy who was lost that his body could barely keep up with the stuff he's experiencing.

   Meanwhile, Jacob waited outside, having no idea how to comfort the weeping teen and woman.

   The navy-haired boy suddenly released his control over his body and that quickly dragged Eden's soul who was floating around in the room. 'Son of a—calm down, Eden. Calm...' He repeated the thought over and over. 

   'Also...I just realized that you're an idiot 'cause wiping the blood off with a towel won't get rid of the evidence...'

   'Shit.' He mentally cursed. How was he going to get away with the murder now?!

   While Eden was having an internal conflict, a boy with a scarf watched through the cracks of the door with Jacob and Adrain. The redhead patted the boy's head before smiling at the scene.


   A blonde-haired boy jumped down from the window sill and watches as the policemen collected fingerprints and evidence around the murder scene. A smile crept up to his face as everything turned dark that night. His green eyes glowed underneath the moonlight.

*CLICK*

   A photograph was taken with a polaroid camera. The unknown boy's smile faded, and he tossed the photo through Eden's open window. His smile returned as the polaroid fell to the ground. "Good luck, little Edie."

0