Chapter 5: Drowning in a Dream
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

   Eden woke up in an unfamiliar world. He was falling down eternally into the darkest depths of god-knows-what.

   After what seemed like forever, objects started appearing around his falling body, creating random platforms and deformed-looking buildings. Gazing to his right, there was a silhouette of what seemed to be a human?

  Using some sort of force, the platform on which the shadow was standing steadily edged closer. The azure-haired adolescent was absolutely correct. It was a human, but it had patches of color splashed across its face. Multiple colors alternated between pink, blue, green, and yellow. It appeared to be glitching.

   "I'm sorry." That person (?) apologized. Hot tears were falling from their eyes as they said this. Those tears soon formed a puddle before smoke went up and the platform was melting along with the person's face.

   Eden tried asking what they meant but his throat felt like it was burning, as soon as he tried emitting sound. He couldn't speak. His dream wasn't allowing him.

   Instead, he reached out his hands, begging for help. The silhouette waved their hand saying goodbye and just watched as he fell into the abyss. Out of the corner of his eye, the silhouette had a grotesque smile that was wider than their face.

   Soon, Eden had reached a big body of water and crashed into the ocean. As he choked on the water that was constantly entering his lungs, his eyesight blurred, and the death of the night met him with a smile, reaching out its hands and wrapping it around his neck.

   And he lost consciousness.

   Once the teen was conscious, he couldn't move his body at all. Eden was still in the ocean, sinking further and further down with no bottom in sight, still choking.

   A ribbon-like animal snaked its way towards him and circled its slimy body around his body. With his hands now stapled to his body and legs bound together, he couldn't save himself. He was still sinking. Bubbles left through his nose and mouth as his body subconsciously fought to survive and move towards the light that was above. However, the light was getting dimmer the more time passes.

   The deeper and colder the ocean got, the more time is wasted on struggling. 'This is suicide!He thought.

   This was suffocating. He can barely breath as his mouth released gas bubbles.

   His vision became blurry, and hypothermia started to kick in.

   He was drowning.

   He knew he was dying.

   When suddenly, he's transported to a room.

   His clothes changed into that of someone wearing an expensive suit.

   He was sitting down playing chess with an albino woman.

   Eden had a feeling that he's seen this woman from somewhere before but the blurry image of her face had him stumped.

   "Checkmate." The woman moved her queen horizontally by 5 blocks and ended Eden's king. She closed her ruby eyes and smiled sweetly.

   "You lost." She said as her beautiful face changes into that of a monster. Eden got up and ran from the room. He opened the door but it was locked. 

   The monster was terrifying. Its fangs were long and sharp. Its horns were poking through her once beautiful white hair, spewing blood. Its tail was laced with an eerie aura. 

   Its body was completed with fur that seemed like it was made from human skin as veins popped. This monster was something else. Eden swallowed his saliva.

   It began running towards Eden. He closed his eyes praying that someone will save him. His prayer was heard. A woman with hair as dark as the night sky appeared.

   She wore a fox mask that is decorated with gold and black paint. The room suddenly glowed and the monster stopped in its track.

   When she appeared, Eden swore he could hear the sound of humans screaming. It made him want to puke. Eden covered his ears with his hands but to no avail, the sounds kept growing louder and louder. 

   "Die." There was something with the strange woman's voice. It was like a siren's.

   Her outfit was like a traditional Japanese kimono. The only difference was that it's decorated with weapons such as a knife, a few tubes of cyan liquid and a katana.

   He couldn't help but want to listen to her voice even more. He quickly shook his head and cleared his thoughts.

   The woman attacked the monster with a lance that emitted lightning sparks.

   The lance pierced the monster's heart. At the same time, the creature got electrocuted.

   The monster screamed in pain and agony. "Why do you always take everything away from me, Mizuki?!" The monster screamed. Its face has melted into the albino woman's face.

   Mizuki didn't answer but instead shoved the woman's body towards the wall. The woman's ribs broke. Eden winced while staring at the wound. 

   The woman coughed up blood. She was crying. "Why do you always get everything...?" She repeated over and over again. She began vomiting out blood.

   Mizuki looked at the woman. She kneeled down and threw a tube filled with cyan liquid. "Drink it." She said in a menacing tone.

   Said woman drank it as fast as she could and her body began healing. "Stop chasing that dream of yours. You're too weak, ᎦᎥᎧᏁᏗ." Mizuki said menacingly and disappeared. She left a mask behind.

    The mask resembled a cat and dragon but it was broken in half. Eden picked the mask up and turned it over to find some handwriting on it.

α cαt cαη ηεvεя вε α ∂яαgση.

   He looked over at the woman who was vomiting blood a moment ago. She was crying and biting her skin off.

   "Why do I have to be so weak?" He heard her whisper to herself. Blood oozed out of her eyes and he was falling down once again.

   He landed in a room made with roses. A man with green hair was smiling at him. There was a door made of lilies next to that man.

   It looked sincere at first but it became ugly. He wasn't smiling. He was looking down at him. The man smirked.

   "You are so close to the end yet so far at the same time." He whispered and reappeared behind Eden. His body began morphing into different types of animals. "You won't know who I am." He said while smiling.

    He morphed into a cat. The cat climbed up Eden's shoulder and licked its paws. "Because you're too weak, Azrail." Eden's vision was getting blurry.

    'Azrail...?' Was his last thought as he let the darkness engulf him. He woke up in...something. He couldn't see anything. Then he felt a lid on top of him and pushed it to reveal that he was in a coffin.

    He got up and saw a group of people sitting around a table. "Ha! You lost the bet. Now you need to make this." Said a man in a very old-fashioned white robe. He handed a piece of paper to said man who lost the bet.

    "Fine, fine..." the man sighed and got up from the table. They were playing poker.

   "U-Um...excuse me? Could you tell me where I am?" Eden heard Azrail ask. Azrail's body seemed to phase through Eden's body just like before. 'This might be Azrail's memory.' He concluded.

   "Hmm? Who are you and why are you here?" A man with golden hair and brown eyes asked.

   "I...I just woke up here all of a sudden...." Azrail said as he looked at the man straight in the eye.

   "Oh, it must be Dan's doing. He already started his project, I see. Don't worry, you'll wake up soon so just enjoy your time here." The man reassured Azrail who seemed to relax a little. The man ruffled Azrail's hair and gave him a cookie. 

   Black blobs suddenly appeared at Eden's feet. It was climbing up his body. It was tightening his body. It finally reached his neck...making him choke.

   He began struggling as his body got pulled down into the black blobs that are at his feet. He couldn't die...not now.

   Azrail suddenly walked up to Eden and whispered something into his ear.

   Eden couldn't hear him clearly. "Once you're ready, you'll know." This wasn't Azrail, this wasn't him. Eden knew because he doesn't do these type of things. He was an idiot who always joked around...not some serious person.

   That person's face melted to reveal Adrain's face. "H-How do you know about Azrail?!" He squeaked out. Adrain said nothing and moved closer towards Eden's face.

   "Be careful. He hides things even from you, Eden." Said Adrain as he smiled. His face distorted into oblivion, leaving a black mesh in place.

   He was transported into another room. It looked like a factory of sorts. He saw a girl sitting on a makeshift throne and tailoring a doll's hair. She was so engrossed in brushing its hair to even notice him but her movements stopped suddenly as her neck shifted to him.

    Strings came out of her finger tips and it tried digging into his flesh.. Eden glanced at the gun and sees that it was projecting the bullets. "Leave." She said throwing knifes in his direction only for them to phase through his body. 

   Eden's body didn't move an inch but suddenly, a force pushed him towards the door of the factory. He tried fighting the unknown force but to no avail, he failed and was flung inside the darkness that was the door.

   Black spots appeared in Eden's vision. 'Am I going to die?' He asked himself as the darkness engulfed him once again. He wakes up—again—in a cell with padded mattresses all around him. His head was shaved. His arms were tied. It looks like he's in an insane asylum.

   "W-What?" His voice echoes. A figure that he saw from the first room appeared behind him. "You are weak, right now." They said and disappeared leaving a note with the words 'naive' on it.

   Eden was taken to a room—not exactly a room because it's like limbo which means it's full of darkness. He walked around for a bit and saw Azrail's back. He ran towards Azrial.

   His mind was full of questions. He thirsted for answers and he kept running. He ran and ran and ran but he could never reach him. Something was stopping him again. Azrail was slouched over like he's crying. Eden reached his hand forward but chains emerged from the ground and wrapped itself around his body. 

   Azrail suddenly stopped and got up. He turned towards Eden. Tears were still streaming from his hollow-like eyes. "You saw it too, right?" Azrail asked. His voice sounded desperate.

   "I did..." said Eden looking at the ground while the chains tightened around the his neck making him choke as saliva ran down from his lips. 

   Azrial ran to Eden but was also stopped by that invisible force. They were only a meter apart. Azrial touched the invisible force and Eden followed suit while wincing in pain. The chains tightened around his hands, trying its best to pull him back.

   Suddenly, an explosion happened. Eden couldn't see anything because that bright flash of light blinded his vision. Before Eden lose consciousness, Azrail came over to him and held his body.

   "I'm sorry you couldn't live a normal life." With that, Eden fully lost his consciousness leaving Azrail alone in that world once again. The golden chains that wrapped around Eden's body released itself and went to Azrail. He didn't even flinch as he watched his brother be dragged away by black-like hands. "Good luck...brother."


   "Eden? Eden! Wake up!" He heard Lucifer's voice calling for him. He slowly opened his eyes. "What...?" He said as he tried getting up but dials because he was sleep-deprived.

   "You were screaming in your sleep so I was worried..." Lucifer hugged his scarf.

   He was panicking.

   He couldn't lose another person whom he treasures.

   He's lost too many already.

   "Sorry...I was just having a nightmare..." was it even a nightmare? He said while silently adding the last part. Lucifer looked uncertain.

   "Alright. If you need someone to talk to, I'm here." Said Lucifer as he sighs. Eden wasn't worried about himself but rather Azrial. He stayed unusually quiet today.

   He wasn't floating around Eden like before too. He was just sitting in a corner, hugging his legs close to his chest. His train of thought was cut off by Adrain walking in the room with pancakes.

   "If you want some pancakes, go downstairs now or you'll have cereal instead." Said Adrain as he walked downstairs. Lucifer ran down the stairs while Eden walked calmly.

   Eden had cereals instead of Pancakes because he hate sweet stuff. Azrail didn't appear. 'Azrail?' He called to Azrail. He didn't respond.

   He decided to spend the day in bed reading some books. Lucifer decided to help around the house and then watch TV. Adrain went out to work. And that's today for the new family.


   A boy walked on top of the government's roof. Nobody knew how he got up there after all, that building is heavily guarded. "Everything is coming together already..." he smiles and jumps off the building.

   The mayor was sitting doing some work until he saw that boy jumping off. He freaked out and called for security to cushion the boy's fall. When the security arrived downstairs, the boy was not found falling nor dead with blood splattered across the concrete floor.

   They were confused as to what happened. They assumed that the mayors must be seeing things because he IS 54 years old after all. In the corner of building A out of the 3 buildings, the boy sat down and sighed in relief.

   "They almost found out...." he said with a tone of hatred laced in his voice. He got up and disappeared to...somewhere. Mizuki stood where the boy was once at and snarled. "So he's here." She stated and quickly jumped on the buildings to go report her findings to a certain someone.

0