Chapter 1 – Ivan
25 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I watched the pure destruction. I laughed. A joke some pathetic person was playing. Probably an illusion, balloons or some sort of trick. Maybe they were friendly monsters. Who cared? What if I sent monsters of my own . . . Genius, I know! The shifting sound filled my ears as the smooth surface of my armrest went into a keypad. I tapped a button and spoke out loud,

"Send monsters B-32, E-6 and L-15." 

I buzzing sound came and the keypad went back down. I faced back towards the wall that was made entirely of glass. My eyes trained on the forest and beyond. I could hear crys of children and yells of pain all the way from here. I saw my monsters pool into the forest. Soon they'd reach the other people. I waited a moment. Something caught my eye. Things lying on the ground. The monsters . . . They weren't . . .

"Zoom into the town." I commanded.

The glass flashed and zoomed into the town like a screen. I squinted my eyes. Those monsters . . . I couldn't place it. I knew them. I looked at the things on the ground. People. DEAD people. A startled gasp escaped my lips.

"Something wrong master?" One of my shadow minions stood next to my chair, holding a tray with a glass of some sort of drink in it, "Oh my-" He dropped the tray and it fell on the floor. The glass of liquid crashed and sprays of it went everywhere. I caught a piece of glass in between my thumb and pointer finger. I glanced at it.

"What were you thinking?!" I stood up straight and my minion shrank back, "Careful! How many times do I have to say this?! Things don't pass through me like they do you! They plunge into my flesh!" I wiggled the piece of glass in front of my minion, "Clean this up!" I dropped the piece of glass and stormed off.

"Sorry Master . . ." I heard him mutter and the sound of glass being shifted came right after.

"Pathetic. Dumb. ARGH!" I groaned. 

Finally I thought about it. Dead people. Familiar monsters. THEY WEREN'T FAKE! I rushed back to my armrest. I slammed my fist on it. Annoyingly slowly the keypad came up.

"Bring back the monsters!" I yell.

"I'm sorry sir, but it's too late! They're already in town!" One of my other minions voice's came through the small speaker.

I groaned again and the keypad went down. 

"No! No!" I raced towards the exit, "I gotta fix this!" I grabbed my coat and left.

Branches scrapped against my cheeks as I ran through them. My body wouldn't let me stop, though my mind begged me to. I finally ran to the end and stopped dead in my tracks. Monsters were everywhere. Stabbing their tails into peoples hearts, eating children, lighting them on fire. Fire. I walked through the cries of pain. One of the monsters lunged for me. I stopped and swiped my hand towards it. One of my monsters, E-6, tackled the monster. I kept walking. 

My eyes wandered over everything. I spotted one of my other monsters. B-32. 

"A!" I yelled at him.

The monster spun around. It froze.

"Get away from there!" The monster disappeared. 

The person that was still there looked astonished. A girl maybe around 17 or 18 stared at me. She had Dyed white hair, dark skin, blue eyes and was an elf.

"Who are you?!" She suddenly stood up straight.

"The names Ivan. You?"

"That's not something that you need to know. Did YOU send out these monsters to kill us?"

"Not exactly." I paused, "I sent out that one and-"

"So it was you?! What was your train of thought when doing that?! To kill everyone?!" The girl yelled at me.

"Calm down yesh." I rolled my eyes,  "I only sent out three." I held up the number with my fingers.

"Who sent out the rest then?"

"How am I supposed to know?" I shrugged.

The girl groaned, "Okay. I'm Thea." She held out a hand.

I raised an eyebrow and sighed. I walked towards her and shook it. 

She smirked. She took my hand and pulled me close so that our faces were almost pressed together, "Don't think I believed that you only sent three. I WILL uncover your secrets." She pulled away. She glanced behind her before walking off,

"Try not to get killed!" She called to me and then wandered into the terror.

I shook my head. She wanted to uncover my secrets huh? Well she'll be disappointed when she finds out I don't have any. I turned and yelled out,

"B-32! Get your butt back here!" 

The shadowy creature appeared out of the gloom, ashamed.

"Tsh. You should know better." I waved for him to follow me, "Let's find the others."

I found out that E-6 had been killed by the monster that it had tackled. I had found L-15 just wandering, looking for someone to chase.

Once I found them I immediately scolded them. We headed back to my mansion. We walked through the front entrance and I brought them to their little area. I went back to my chair and got the keypad to go back up. I clicked on a button,

"Search people by the name of Thea." My window turned into a huge screen. There were only 4 results. One was a dog so I got rid of that, another had a picture of an old lady so that went away. 

I was left with two options. Thea Thornswood or Thea Anderson. I looked at everything about both of them. There was little information about Thea Thornswood. There was a lot about Thea Anderson  though. Information was now bursting in my brain. I couldn't figure out which one it was though. Neither of them had pictures. Frustration filled me. I WOULD find out who this girl was. And I was going to uncover HER secrets. 

2