The Depature
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The scientists were hard at work on their computers, making sure Stewart wasn’t going to take control of their reality again. Unknown to them, Stewart was still trying to fight the hypnotic trance of their machine.

"I need to help him." Stewart thought to himself

Back in the woods, Mike takes off his helmet, gets up from the ground and steps out of the woods to see the broken guard rail but no sign of Kevin. He looked around to see where he went.

“Help! Somebody!” Yelled Kevin.

Mike follows Kevin’s voice to the edge and sees Kevin hanging for his life.

“Mike, help me up, please.” Kevin pleads with fear.

Mike looked at Kevin for a second, thinking about what he should do, but he smiled with an evil grin as he knew what he must do.

“One less half-breed this world has to worry about!” Mike yelled back.

Mike lifts his foot up a bit to prepare to step on Kevin’s hands so that he will let go. Agent Reynolds arrived in time as he grabbed Mike by pulling him away from the edge. He puts Mike in a sleeper hold knocking him out. From where Kevin was, all he saw was Mike being pulled away; he wasn’t sure what was going on up there. He then sees Reynolds appear, looking down at Kevin, concerned. Kevin was surprised to see Reynolds here.

“Kevin, hurry, take my hand!” Reynold yells over the storm as he stretches out his hand for Kevin to grab hold of.

Kevin looked at Reynolds, knowing there was no other choice but to get help from him as he realized he had lost. Kevin tried to reach for Reynolds’ hand. Still fighting the trance, Stewart can see in his mind that Kevin is about to reach out for Agent Reynolds's help.

Knowing that this reality wasn’t what he saw, he tried to reach out to Kevin telepathically, slightly changing the brain waves on his machine.

“Kevin!” Yelled Stewart telepathically.

Kevin was close to grabbing Agent Reynold’s hand when he heard a familiar voice in his head calling for him.

“Stewart?” Kevin replied in his mind. “Is that you?”

Agent Reynolds looked at Kevin and realized he stopped reaching for his hand and was looking at him as though he was talking to someone behind him. He looked back to see Mike still unconscious, so he knew it wasn’t him he was talking to. He then remembered how Kevin was talking to someone telepathically before he realized it was Stewart.

“Kevin, focus on me and grab my hand before you fall!” Reynolds yelled, trying to get Kevin’s attention. Kevin ignored Reynolds.

“Kevin, remember what I told you.” Said Stewart. “You have to let go of this world.”

“Let go?” Kevin questioned himself.

“Your destiny lies someplace else, not here. It’ll be alright, trust me,” Stewart said. "We’ll see each other again…I wanna see how strong you’ll become.

Stewart ended his telepathic connection with Kevin and then focused once more on his chance to break free from the scientist’s hold. He maximized his reiki energy, which started making the machine overload. The scientist began to panic as they tried to help the machine cool down from the large surge of power.

“Sir, the Tank is overloading!” Yelled a scientist. “Too much reiki is being fed into the system.”

The head scientists looked back at Stewart, seeing that he was again the culprit to the machine acting up.

“It’s that damn boy again!” Yelled the scientist.

Stewart changed their reality back to what he predicted before, only this time, he was playing his reality live, showing the scientist what was currently happening.

Kevin, believing he heard Stewart and that it wasn’t his imagination, decided to trust him. As the light bulb in his mind turned on he understood that what Stewart said wasn’t a metaphor; he actually wanted him to let go of what he was holding on to. He then calmly looked at Reynolds; who looked back at him, wondering why the calm expression. Kevin then let his left hand go from the beam as he was slowly slipping from his right. Reynolds realized what Kevin was going to do.

"Don’t do it kid." Reynolds said to himself.

Kevin then opened his right hand releasing his grip on the cliff, and started falling. Reynolds watched, shocked at what Kevin had done. Inside Kevin’s Jacket, the gemstone comes to life. It glows and floats out of his inner pocket and over his head. Kevin watched as the gemstone created a round light barrier stopping him in midair. Kevin touches the barrier feeling the warm and soft vibrating sensation of the barrier; it didn’t hurt.

“Whoa,” Kevin said to himself.

The Gemstone began to emit a more soothing sound that stretched up into the sky. Out in the atmosphere of planet earth, the pillar of light reached the United States of America, stretching towards the state of Virginia into the town of Madison. It detected the soothing sound coming from Kevin’s gemstone and followed it. The pillar of light created an opening through the storm clouds over Kevin’s head. The pillar reached down, covering both Kevin and the Gemstone as the light began to lift Kevin upwards. Reynolds couldn’t help but watch as Kevin along with the gemstone over his head were slowly rising before his eyes towards the sky. He tried to reach out to Kevin as he was close enough to grab his hand.

“Kevin!” Reynolds yelled.

Kevin looked over to Reynolds to see him trying to reach out as he was at a level that Reynolds could grab him. Once Reynolds tried, his hand went through as Kevin became transparent because of the pillar of light’s power. Both Reynolds and Kevin were surprised at what had just happened. The light from the gemstone glows brighter, and the pillar of light reacts to the stone as it shoots Kevin up into the sky and out of the State of Virginia.

“NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!” Yelled Reynolds in anger, furious that he had lost his prized half-breed.

The head scientist was also furious as he watched what happened. He ran over to the main controls of the tank, where a large red button was enclosed in a case with the word reset. He lifted the case up and pressed the button. The four half-breed containers began spraying a sleeping agent inside, putting all four half-breeds asleep; the tank and the holo screen also shut down.

                                                                                   ***

The pillar of light led by the gemstone takes Kevin out of planet Earth and into the galaxy's far reaches, heading back to planet Zonia. Meanwhile, back on that said planet, the Knights haven’t discovered any signs of life or Lurkers in the area.

“I don’t like the look of this, your highness.” Said Rika. “It’s too quiet.”

The silence ended as the sound of static interference from Vinnie’s intercom blares out.

“Knights…. this is…General de Grandis…over.” Replied the General over their two-way radio.

“Princess, it's the general,” Vinnie replied as he raised the volume for everyone to hear.

“There’s too many….our men….need help.” The general reported between the static and interference as they were losing the signal.

"It wasn’t long till the signal was lost, and all they could hear was static coming from the radio."

“We have to save them.” Ordered the Princess. “Vinnie, can you trace the general’s last location?”

“I think so; let’s hope it’s still intact,” Vinnie replied as he used his intercom to track the General and his men.

As the others waited for Vinnie to pinpoint the general’s location, Princess Anya and Rika’s shadows came to life as they were actually Lurkers in disguise. They changed their claws into sickles as they prepared to cut the Princess and Rika’s heads off. Caleb happened to notice odd movements from the corner of his eye. He looked to see the shadows about to make their move. Caleb quickly puts his hands together, charging them up with energy. As he separated them, an energy ball appeared between his hands. He grabs it and throws it toward Rika and the Princess.

“Princess, Rika, get down!” He yelled.

The Princess and Rika quickly respond as they see an energy ball heading their way. They both ducked just in time as the Lurkers made their move and missed, only to have their heads blown apart by the energy blast. Their lifeless bodies fell to the ground, and the group walked up to them to take a closer look.

“So those were the creatures?” Rika asked, trying to figure it out.

Suddenly the bodies crumbled turning in to mounds of what looked like black sand. Vinnie, using his gloves, scans the bodies collecting their information. Once collected, a holographic screen appears in front of Vinnie, showing him its findings. The results showed Vinnie a magnified image of their bodies, revealing tiny organic but metallic creatures engulfed in an aura of energy moving around. It wasn’t long as one after another that the creatures began to cease functioning, and the aura of energy faded.  Vinnie was impressed with what he saw.

“This is incredible!” Vinnie exclaimed with excitement. “I’ve never seen technology like this. This is truly advanced work.”

“Hey genius, mind telling us what's going on instead of marveling at the enemy’s work? Caleb retorted.

Vinnie realized he was going overboard, marveling at the creature’s body structure, and blushed a little from embarrassment.

“Uh yes, sorry,” Vinnie replied. “They’re made up of tiny techno-organic creatures that seem to absorb life energy. Without it, they cease to function.”

“But where did they come from?” The Princess questioned.

Vinnie’s intercom began to beep as it discovered the General's and his men's locations. Vinnie’s holographic computer screen changed to a map that was pinpointing their location and how far they were from General De Grandis and his troops. The indicator revealed De Grandis and his men were moving towards their location.

“Uh, Princess,” Vinnie spoke, getting the other’s attention. “They’re coming our way.”

They then began to hear metallic shrills, people yelling, and gunfire sounds. They looked toward the direction of the noise to see the General and a few of his remaining men running towards the Knights but turning back and firing at a large majority of their own pale-looking soldiers along with Lurkers.

“Princess, we need to get out of here!” Yelled the General as he continued to fire at his men, who, even though they were getting hit by the bullets, were not going down as they absorbed the bullets and would fire back, injuring some of their men.

“General, why are you fighting your men?” Asked the Princess.

“Correction, your highness, they were our men.” Replied the General. 

                                                                                    ***

Kevin is traveling through space with the gemstone leading the way as they are heading towards their next destination: the planet Zonia.

"Where is this thing taking me?" He asked himself.

Unsure about what was happening, Kevin reached out to grab the stone, hoping to take control. The stone then reacted by glowing bright for a brief second causing Kevin to guard his eyes. When the flash of light disappeared, Kevin watched in amazement as a ghostly figure dressed in knight armor emerged from the gemstone. The figure looked at Kevin as he stood tall in front of him with hair past his shoulders and a chiseled face covered with a finely trimmed beard. He looked like he was in his mid-50s, showing some signs of gray in his facial features.

"Whoa! Who are-"

Before Kevin could finish, the ghost flew into Kevin’s body, the encounter knocks Kevin for a second but suddenly awakens with his eyes glowing white as the ghost had taken control. The ghost attempts to charge up using both his and Kevin’s reiki energy amplifying their power. However, the glyphs-like markings appeared over Kevin’s body, trying to suppress the energy from within. The ghost in control of Kevin opened his left hand, and little glyph symbols appeared on all five digits of his fingers. He placed the hand on his chest where his heart was and imitated turning a dial like on a lock. As he turned, he would stop, and each time, one of the symbols would leave a finger and stay wherever he would stop creating a complete circle. When all five symbols were placed, the glyph markings that was on his body began to move towards the five symbols as though they were being herded into a round fence like cattle. Once the symbols resided within the circle, the five symbols connected using reiki energy, creating a crest like seal over the markings.

Once it was complete, the seal that prevented Kevin from using his reiki powers were temporarily locked, giving the ghost complete control of Kevin’s power. Amplified with his own, he quickly builds up the energy absorbing the pillar of light, creating a white aura around Kevin. Sensing the combined strength of their power and the pillar of light, the ghost knew he was ready for what he needed to do next as there wasn’t much time. Nearing the planet Zonia, the ghost grabbed the lifeless gemstone and flew with great speed towards his next destination.

Meanwhile, the Knights and the general with his remaining twenty soldiers were fending off the large herd of Lurkers as they started cornering them, leaving no chance of escape. Though they tried to attack the creatures, their bodies were invincible, absorbing the blasts from the soldier’s weapons. The creatures that possessed the fallen soldiers' bodies would only have the host’s body fall apart with each attack or blast. Once the body is damaged, the Lurker will come out and continue to attack. A Lurker emerged from the shadows of a nearby soldier and grabbed his foot. Distracted, the soldier looked down to see why he couldn’t move, only to see a Lurker holding on to him. The sound of metallic shrills was coming closer as other Lurkers were coming in for the kill. The soldier quickly activated his energy shield on his wrist just in time as he was tackled by several Lurkers. The Lurkers were slamming and bashing at the shield while others began to move around the shield as they grabbed him. With too many all over him, he watched as they broke through his shield, grabbing all parts of his body and pulling.  He hollered out in excruciating pain as they started slashing his body, tearing him to pieces.

Caleb, from afar, witnessed the slain soldier. He felt terrible as he was too far to save him. He bashed a Lurker hard in the face with his hammer in anger. The Lurker stepped back to recover from the impact of the blow. Its face plate began to crack, and the Lurker panicked, trying to keep the plate stable, but it shattered, and the body crumbled, falling apart and landing on the ground like a pile of ash. Caleb’s eyes lit up as he remembered the other two that he killed when he blasted their heads with his energy blast. He then realized he had discovered how to kill these monsters.

“Guys, go for their face plates!” Caleb Yelled. “Destroy that, and you’ll kill them!”

Caleb charged up, fusing his reiki energy into his hammer, and with it, he ran towards a large group of Lurkers, and like a boomerang, he threw his hammer aiming at the heads of the Lurkers.

0