The Boy and the Maiden
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It showed a digital layout of the planet Zonia. It then zoomed in focusing on Auran than of the castle with a white blinking dot that was moving real fast away from the castle and heading towards the forest back to where they were assigned to check out the zonitian village.

“I placed a tracer on our mechanical creature.” Said Vinnie pointing at the moving blinking dot. “It seems to be heading back to that demolished village we escaped from. Maybe that’s where its nest is located.”

Vinnie shuts off his holographic map using his gloves. Rika brings Caleb and Vinnie together, patting them on the back.

“Good job Vinnie; we’ll take the ship and follow it back to its base and rescue the Princess.” Ordered Rika.

As Rika was explaining the next plan, Kevin thought about how the Princess looked as she was taken by the flexible creature. He remembers seeing the fear in her eyes. He couldn’t get the image out of his head. He had to help get her back, he looked at the other knights, standing tall and looking at them sternly.

"I’m coming with you.” Kevin announced.

The three turned to look at Kevin, who stood tall and looking serious as he was ready to fight.

“You?!” Caleb scoffed. “What can you do?

Caleb walks up to Kevin, who was slightly intimidated by how tall and muscular this knight was as he looms over Kevin’s head up in his face looking down at him in anger. He presses his finger hard against Kevin’s chest poking at him hard. Though Kevin could feel the slightly painful jabs from his pokes, he still stood his ground looking back at Caleb sternly, refusing to show he was terrified of this muscle-bound warrior.

 "You’re a target right now; you’ll only slow us down." Caleb Stated. "And don’t think I don’t owe you the beat down of your life.”

Rika steps between Caleb and Kevin pushing the knight back to give Kevin breathing room. She then stood in front of Kevin to protect him from the other knights.

“That’s enough, Caleb!” Rika shouted. “Believe it or not, he can hold his own against those things; he can help us save the Princess.

Kevin looked at Rika surprised at what she said. He was just as surprised that she stood in front of him protecting him from the big brute. He knew he could’ve done a better job against those monsters but the fact that the one he feared most was defending him and willing to allow him to help, made him relax a little. Flustered, Caleb leaves the room but not without shoulder butting Kevin hard as he passed by. Kevin hissed as the impact stung more than he thought it would.

“Don’t get in my way, kid,” Caleb warned Kevin as he left the room; Vinnie remained silent and followed behind. Rika looked at Kevin, who looked back at her, relieved that at least he had somebody on his side who believed he could help.

“Thank you.” Kevin softly said as he smiled.

Rika smiled back but then noticed the sword Kevin was holding in his hand as it looked familiar.

“Uh, where did you get that sword?” She asked, concerned.

Kevin became nervous as he realized he had taken the sword from a statue that may have been a type of grave for the former Knights. If he honestly told her where he got it, she may send him to the dungeon or something for grave robbing. He quickly puts it back in its scabbard behind his back.

“I found it on my way to rescue you guys.” Kevin calmly said, hoping his lie would convince Rika. “I needed something to fight with.”

Rika raised one of her eyebrows looking at Kevin as obviously she knew he was lying as his demeanor changed looking worried.

“Of course, come on, we must save the Princess; follow me.” She said as she ran out the door; Relieved, Kevin quickly followed behind.

As they were heading back to the hanger to catch up with the others, she thought about that sword Kevin had as she knew where he got it.

"I know, that’s no ordinary sword." Rika thought to herself.

As they ran downstairs, past the four statues of the knights, she quickly glanced over at Sir Tristam’s statue at his marker. The marker was still intact, there was no sign of force, or anything damaged to look like it was tampered with.

"How did he get a hold of it?" She wondered to herself.

Rika became suspicious about Kevin, but for now, she had to put that aside as they had to rescue the Princess.

The Alpha slithered as fast as it could back to the floating fortress, back to his master, who was alerted of its return from his main quarters. The master swirled his chair around from his video screen in time as the creature appeared to emerge from the floor. It expanded its body like before, pushing the Princess out. The Princess lands on the ground motionless at first but then takes a breath and coughs as being inside the Lurker’s body, there wasn’t much air. Once she regained her breathing, she looked around her new environment realizing she wasn’t in her room. She was in a dark and dreary-looking room lit by fire. She spotted someone sitting in the shadows of their room; she grew nervous, unsure of what to do.

“Welcome, Princess Anya of Auran. It’s been too long.” Said the Master calmly.

Princess Anya quickly stood up and brought her weapons out using her reiki. She looked towards the shadow of the room waiting for whoever was there to come out to fight. The figure remained in his place, Anya peered into the darkness to try and make out who the person was but she could only see two yellow glowing eyes piercing through the dark, staring back at her like n animal waiting for the right moment to strike on its prey.

You’ve grown into quite the beautiful woman. You used to talk about being a warrior for your people, just like your father. He would be so proud to his daughter leader of the Knights of Auran. He continued.

Anya listened carefully to the mysterious voice, though deep, the tenor voice sounded familiar as though she had heard it before but couldn’t recognize it.

“Who are you?” She asked. “How do you know me?”

The Master remained silent at first but then chuckled as he realized it had been a while since the Princess had heard him speak.

“I wouldn’t expect you to remember me, little one.” The Master stated as he approached the Princess. “The last we met, you were only a child.”

The Master walked up to the Princess into the well-lit area, revealing himself to be a tall masculine-built man in a black futuristic suite of armor. It looked light, but the armor was thick. He wore a blue and gold garment over his suit of armor with a matching hood and cape. She was unable to see his face as it was covered in a black hard-shelled mask with glowing yellow eyes. The Princess stood back a bit ready to attack, but as the master approached her, fear suddenly came over her. The master was a couple of heads taller than her, not as muscular as Caleb but still well-built. Using his reiki, he appeared face to face with Princess Anya. She couldn’t believe how fast he moved; she didn’t even have time to blink. As he glared at the Princess, he gently placed his hand across her face causing Anya to shake a little; the princess watched gripped with fear unsure of what he was going to do. The master saw the fear in her eyes, if she could see his face behind his mask he smiled as he knew she was the same timid person he once knew. He then moved his hand on top her head.

"Remember me." He softly spoke to her.

Just like what the Princess did to Kevin, the Master charged his reiki revealing it to be black with specks of red energy mixed in. He then transferred his reiki energy into The Princess’s mind as he shared a memory with her. In a flash, the Princess was in the garden of her castle, but everything was big to her. She then realized she was looking at one of her childhood memories.

“Come on, Angel, hurry up.” Yelled a younger tenor voice.

Princess Anya looked in the direction of the voice to see the back of a tall young male in his twenties with long black and silky silver hair down to his chest, walking away from her. Through her child-like eyes, she watched herself running towards him.

“Laban, don’t leave me.” Her little voice cried out.

Laban slowed down enough for her to catch up. Just as she was about to reach him, he quickly turned around and picked her up, tickling her. A flash of light appeared again, and the Princess was back to herself. She looked at him as he removed his hand from her head. She was shocked; as memories flooded back to her as she realized who it was and most of all, he was still alive all this time. She began to remember the good times the two once had. To her, he was like a brother; he looked out for her, kept her company when her father and the other knights were out on patrol when she was alone. Over time, she remembered her Father recruiting him to be a knight which he gladly excepted and though she was happy for him she was sad knowing they wouldn’t be able to spend much time playing and getting into trouble like they use to.

“L-Laban.?! You’re alive!” The Princess softly stated.

 Unsure of what to express she made her weapons disappear, turning them into particles of reiki which returned to her body and she embraced him with tears in her eyes; Laban just stood in places allowing her to hug him.

                                                                                 ***

"Father! Big brother! Welcome home!" A young Anya called out.

She pulls her hand away from the maid that was bringing her towards the knights as she runs towards the tired but pleased young Laban and her Father dressed in their armor they and the other knights walked into the castle returning from a two week mission.

She approaches her Father first who picks her up hugging and kissing her.

"My daughter, how I missed you." He said.

"I missed you too father." she said.

"Hey, what about me?" Asked Laban. "Didn’t you miss me too?"

She looked at Laban with a sly look on her face which made Laban nervous.

"Depends, did you get me anything?" She asked with a sly yet fiendish grin.

Laban paused for a second as he was unsure whether she was serious or not. /he then looked at her embarrassed as he may have forgotten this time. He awkwardly smiles at her.

"Well…"

"Brother, you know that a Princess always gets a gift from her royal Knight…you promised." She said smiling with a wink.

"I think she got you there Laban. Spoke Lady a young female knight in her late twenties with blond hair buned up.

Then everyone chuckled. Sir Tristam taps Anya’s Father the king on his shoulder. He looks towards Tristam ho looked at him sternly.

"My King, we should discuss our next plan of action."

The King nods in agreement as he knew they had much to discusses about their recent mission.

"Of course." He replied.

The king walks over to the maid handing his daughter back to her as the maid holds the Princess in her arms. Anya’s joyful expression changed to disappointment as she knew this was going to happen, it always does.

"I’m sorry Anya, but we need to take care of some things." He replied.

"I know, you always do." Anya replied sorrowfully.

" I will see you at dinner." He stated.

He kissed his daughter on the forehead and he and the knights walked further into the castle heading to the debriefing room to inform the council of elders who have been waiting patiently for their return. As they walk away, Laban looks back feeling guilty as he sees a disappointed princess watching them leave. Anya just watched as they left till, they were out of sight. Time had passed, as promised, the King, and the other knights now in their civilian attire gathered around for dinner. Anya sat next to him as she listened to her father’s stories of their adventures. The other knights were deep in conversations and spending time with each other as laughter and cheer echoed in the dining room. Once dinner was over, the princess was being taken to her room by the maid. Once they reached the hallway leading to her room, they saw Laban patiently waiting for her by the door. Princess Anya had a big smile on her face when she saw Laban waiting for her.

"Sir Laban, what are you doing here?" Asked the maid.

Laban goes down on one knee matching the princess height. He looks at her smiling back.

"I came to see the young princess to bed." He replied looking at the maid. "And read a bedtime story?" He asked, looking at the princess.

The princess jumps with glee as she loves to hear Laban's stories.

"Yes please! I want a story tonight."

The maid saw how excited the princess was when she heard she was going to get a story before bed. Knowing she would rather have the knight put her to bed instead of her, she understood as she smiled.

"Very well, as you wish sir Laban." the maid said bowing in respect to both him and the princess. "Have a good night."

The maid left for her quarters as Laban picks Anya up and takes her to her room. Laban waited patiently for the princess as she was in the bathroom room taking a bath. Afterwards, she dressed in her night gown, quickly brushed her teeth and ran out the bathroom hoping on to her bed with excitement as she gets under her covers getting comfortable in her bed. Laban brings over a chair placing it next to her bed.

"So what's tonight's story?" Anya asked.

"Well, this story is different than the others." Stated Laban. "It's about a young man who fell in love with a beautiful maiden."

"She was loved by all. Her hair was as black as night, her eyes shimmered like emeralds. Men wanted her, women wanted to be her but her heart belonged to the boy as they have known each other since they were little."

"She had a special gift, she had the ability to restore things to life. Flowers no longer wilted or died in her presence creatures that died of injuries were given second chances, she could even help restore a person's strength. She was loved by all, or she thought. There were bad people who feared the young maiden’s abilities. They thought she was a witch and must be killed. So the boy and the maiden fled deep into the forest away from the bad people. Unfortunately, evil comes in all forms. As the two fled they were stopped by a winged monster. This creature was pure evil its claws as sharp as swords its tail as strong as stone and his fiery breath was death itself. It refused for them to go any further. The boy fought with all his might to protect the young maiden, but he wasn't strong enough defeated by the powerful monster. It was then the maiden did what she thought was best and sacrificed herself to the creature to save her beloved. The boy helpless watched as the creature gobbled her whole and flew away leaving the boy to mourn wishing for the power to save her. Then he heard a still small voice. It was then he found that the maiden left something for the boy to have a gift of her power. It was then the boy vowed to seek the creature and save his beloved."

"But how?" Asked the princess the monster gobbled her up.

"Yes, but the boy believes that the young maiden is still alive trapped inside the belly of the beast hoping that one day she will be reunited with her beloved and free her from the creature."

0