Ch 2: New Game
102 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

' What the fuck '

A statement of utter astonishment, his only thought at the moment. Felix was tired, lying on his back while looking at the sky with empty eyes as he stared into the nothingness of reality.

' What the fuck? '

A question directed at god. He still can't believe anything that was going on in the past hours, his poor commoner's mind panicked when unexpected things happened or when he was surrounded by too many people, the former was the case in this situation.

Rewinding a few hours earlier.


 

*Thud*

Felix landed on the ground butt first, he groaned as he fell into the cold dirt, smearing his clearly confused and panicked face, but he didn't care at all he had too many things to take care of mentally before he even begins to be a functional human being.

Firstly, he needed to breathe again.

 

*Huff*

Huffing and puffing, gasping for air, whatever action related to achieving the sensation of air filling his lungs and actually getting the blood in his body enough oxygen to function properly, all guided by the innate instinct to not suffocate and die. His own body acting on its own by all means persevering in getting him to not starve his brain of the precious substance known as oxygen.

After a minute, he managed to somewhat calm down his breathing, he still was quite erratic but he was not going to die from suffocation at the moment. His next move was to collapse again into the floor.

*thud*

Cause? too many stimuli from remembering what happened.

 

Felix collapsed and hugged himself as tightly as possible, on a fetal position on the ground, his pitiful figure of a man that had enough of everything for the time being. The sensation of falling through the floor was horrifying to his human senses, air was forcefully pushed out of his stomach, intestines, and lungs and released through the mouth.

Textures and temperatures of the composition of the floor being in the entirety of his being, unpleasant were simply too short of a word to the sensation of sand being ground again his lungs, and yet the sand passing through them as if they were not real. His eyes were filled with darkness as he struggled to continue to exist in his reality.

*sob*

He cried, he was a sentimental person when he was alone so as to not preoccupy people over it, but the feelings were too overwhelming to even try to put a lid on them, so he cried, eventually it transform into wailing until his throat hurt, and then...

 

Silence...

 

Felix finally forced his own mind to not focus on his feelings and try to calm down again, his breathing finally had some semblance of normality and was now only shivering with the right amount of fear to be able to move clumsily. 

He inspected his surroundings with the eyes that just experience the texture of concrete and pavement in them, they were fine if not traumatized by now.

He was in just some random plains in the middle of nowhere.

'Where I'm I, to begin with?'

He thought, although the events of the previous hour were indeed strange, to say the least, he could still somewhat explain them as long as he assumed that he was having hallucinations...

'Anyways Were the fuck I'm I? Kidnapping me isn't really a good idea unless...'

He quickly checked his body to see if they stole his liver or something, it would not be the first case of some organ trafficking in his city, and that was the only real use that he himself had in his opinion, but he stopped as he touched his clothes.

' They changed my clothes? '

His clothes were completely different from what he was wearing, realistically it should not be this way in his mind, his clothes at the moment of fazing through were definitely cheap from the common supermarket instead of a proper cloth store.

' And why would they give me even better clothes? '

His clothes were weird in the first place, a green cloak? poncho? he of course had not even the slightest clue of the name of the clothes of what he was wearing, he only knew the necessary names in order to not confuse himself, like shirt, pants, and maybe even some suits, but that's it. He never was interested in fashion so he din0t even bother with names.

But he still knew that what he was wearing at least look decent on him, he still inspected his body to find something wrong with it, apart from a foreign feeling of uneasiness he was fine. He could still feel the panic from earlier making his stomach churn.

' It seems I'm relatively fine '

He had no scars and was physically well, still weak from the mental shock but walking should not be a problem. He decided to sit down and reflect on the events that led him here. An action that he always took when something unexpected happened.

First, he thought about the dread that he felt, nothing too out of the ordinary, it definitely came out of nowhere and was several times more devastating than what he was accustomed to, but it was still within the realms of expectations, it was shocking nonetheless.

Second, falling tough the floor, apart from the obvious consequences of it, it's not like he hadn't felt like that before, it was a disgusting feeling that manifested once a year, a sensation closer to falling for a single second even when he was already on the bed, it always made him jump awake at the moment. He read that this was simply because his body sometimes mistook the slowed heartbeat as ' fucking dying ' instead of 'trying to sleep'.

Yet the other stuff was definitely not in there, helplessness and pushing of everything out of his insides while temporarily blinded him were definitely not there in any of the other times. So he was stumped and could only chalk it up to simple hallucinations, realistic ones if that was indeed the case.

Finally, it was his displacement on space, not on time.

He expected the displacement in space, passing out was one of the prevailing theories in his head so being moved to a different location was expected, his limited knowledge didn't raise any good or bad intentions, so he was still focusing on that portion, but there was no displacement in time.

IF he indeed passed out, he expected to at least know that time passed, but that wasn't the case. The flow of memories and time was like a single string, he could explain it if he was unconscious since in those cases the victim's memories are like a line so their sense of time doesn't seem displaced even though it is.

But he was conscious, and very aware of the passage of time, slowing down to let him despair in his absurd case.

' Sigh '

"Can I even do anything?"

He said with a dejected expression, for now, he decided to continue examining his surroundings and find civilization again, as he was trying to stand up something fell on his head with such a force that he landed face-first on the ground.

" OWwww the hell?"

He immediately looked at what hit him and found the culprit, a metal spear landed beside him, it was made mostly out of metal it was a little smaller than his total height and had some nice carving and decorations on the pole.

" A spear... "

He grabbed it and started moving around as if it was a magic wand, he really didn't know how to handle one but he at least could hold it with his weak office worker arms, even then his head was working on overdrive trying to guess where the spear come from, who's spear was it? maybe he could steal it and sell it somewhere? and many other things were passing through his brain.

He stood still, slowly but surely his brain started piecing together what was happening and a single Japanese word came to his mind.

' No '

He was already delusional so he didn't want to believe it, but the setup was decent enough for it to become a possibility, so he did the thing the one thing every fictional character did.

' ...status '

A menu started appearing in his vision, he reflexively backed away but the menu was following him, he turned his head around but the menu didn't move, he finally decided to simply close his eyes, the menu was still there, against the black background of his closed eyelids.

' Okay calm down, close '

The window closed, he sigh in complete relief that his predicament was not that bad, but he completely knew the meaning of the events that were happening.

"I got fucking isekai'd! "

He said while questioning everything, was life really THAT focused on fucking him sideways? why the hell did he even get in this sort of situation, even for a person who simply goes with the flow of things this situation was stupid and definitely something he didn't want anything to do with.

"I hate it here"

He whispered, he resigned from even answering anything at the moment since he had already reached the limit of bullshit he could tolerate with a straight face, so he decided to simply lay down on the ground and reflect.

' Status '

The window opened again, it was incomprehensible to his eyes, a bunch of changing characters, some of them were from the English alphabet and some of the symbols used were ASCII characters, but many, too many of them were completely foreign to him, rapidly changing jargon resembling a corrupted game.

"Am I bugged? What the hell does this mean"

He questioned his existence, he didn't know what was happening and whatever this menu meant it was probably not good, his sense of dread was slowly creeping up to him again, but he simply was exhausted and decided to just try to get some shuteye while he could.

Unfortunately, he could not.

The feeling was actually formally known as pain, it started when he entered this place, but he barely registered now since it was really small, not it was making itself very present in his body, not even the bones were spared from the annoyance that it was.

He came to understand that it was growing exponentially. From a slight annoyance to a full-blown everything-ache, he started squirming while rolling on the floor, his breath quickened again as his body temperature rose exponentially, he was sweating buckets and even some of it was being to directly turn into steam from how hot he was.

He was boiling alive, his skin and bones were being compressed and the individual's cells were being churned, the cracking of his muscles as they were being torn into shreds and quickly reassembled began to feel to him like the worst hell. He felt as his own heartbeat was hurting him by putting too much pressure on his brain.

He began banging his head on the floor with the hope that maybe he will faint, he screamed with the faint hope that maybe someone or something would end his needless suffering.

But nobody came.

As if a sledgehammer suddenly hit him, he collapse and passed out on the dirt, moist from all the sweat and blood that somehow started expelling through his sweat glands, he simply ceased to function properly for a few minutes.


 

Back in the present.

 

He actually woke up, he didn't believe it at first but he indeed didn't die after passing out, he frankly wasn't sure if that was good or bad but he could finally think without dying, actually, he physically felt better than in the last decade! but mentally he was on the end of his rope.

So he slept for another hour, disregarding everything that was happening, Felix was a man who believed that being mentally tired was actually a curse God applied onto humans to keep humanity from being too powerful, or at least that was his hope since being mentally tired really made the hypothetical hell seem like child's play.

"Alright, I guess I gotta do it again... status"

A window opened again, now it was actually readable and he could get some valuable information, he looks at the menu and the information in it was at least somewhat relieved at what he saw.

'it's familiar... that's good I think'


Name: Felix Balch [New Title Available]    |    LV:22    |    Age: 22    |    Race: Human (%100)

 

|Resources|

HP: 276/280 (0.33/min)  |   MP: 280/280 (0.33/min)  |   STA: 230/230 (3.8/min)

 

|Stats|

Strength:           30 (+7)  |  Dexterity:                     35 (+12)

Luck:                   15 (-8)    |  Intelligence:                89 (+66)

Speed:                 28 (+5)  |  Endurance:                 23 [230/hr] 

Vitality:              28 (+5)   |  Regeneration:           20 [20/hr (-3)]

Arcane:               28 (+5)   |  Attunement:              20 [20/hr (-3)]

 

|Skills|

 [Mental Fortitude LV1], [Meditation LV1], [Pain Resistance LV 5]

 

|Equpiment|

[Guest Cloak (%99)], [Guest Pants (%100)], [Guest Shirt (%100)], [Guest Boots (%100)], [Guest Ring of Feather Falling (%0)]

 

|Titles Earned| 

[Otherworlder], [Arcane Survivor], [Forcibly Summoned Individual]


' What the fuck? '

Only good things are supposed to come in three parts. but this exclamation was definitely not a good one.

6