Chapter 3: Heads or Tails
64 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“These trees look different...”

A man carrying a rifle walks through the woods. Clad in a coat and baggy pants while his head is covered by a baseball cap and his feet in work boots, he steps through mud to make it past the strange wilds he finds himself in. Passing red leaves and sharpened branches as he follows the path he thought led home.

“First a little girl tries to steal from me, then she leads me to get lost in some weird forest. Couldn’t life just tell me to go screw myself?”

He continues his journey to get home for a long while, passing what seemed to be the exact same trees and bushes, before finally deciding he needs to try something else. He walks towards a tree close to him, planning to climb it and see the area a little better.

A crack sounds to the man's left and he quickly points his rifle at it, waiting and watching. An ordinary brown squirrel comes running out of the underbrush, then stares at the man. Letting out his held breath, he starts walking forward once more.

He gets next to the tree before more cracks sound out. Looking back, the squirrel is in the middle of rushing at him. Panicked, he lifts his gun and shoots a shot at the small target. The squirrel remarkably moves to dodge the bullet as it continues to get closer.

Stunned, the man just barely notices the distinct differences of the animal almost upon his face. It has blue stained fur and glowing orange eyes. Its claws are a finger's length, its body almost double the size a squirrel should be.

“Wha—”

A head rolls across the ground. Blood spills out into the surroundings as munching can be heard. The soaked grass grows a tall crimson as large creatures’ wingspans cast shade onto the area.

Load, monstrous roars sound from all directions at the same time that the squirrel finishes its meal, choosing to flee now that it’s had its fill.

It scurries away from the corpse as thorny roots emerge from the ground to claim the leftover fertilizer. The limp body disappears in mere moments.

 

Should I try to continue this story?
  • Yes Votes: 5 83.3%
  • No Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Are you even going to read the results and actually do something based on the popular consensus? Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm just here to read, man, don't ask me! Votes: 1 16.7%
  • What about the other series you started first? Work on that instead! Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 6 · This poll was closed on Apr 20, 2022 05:19 AM.
2