Ch . 1
556 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was the middle of the night. As I was hungry I went to the closest gas station to grab some grub to fill my growling stomach. I was thankful that the station was close to my house. Only two blocks away. When I first got to this place I hated it since it was so noisy and I couldn't get any sleep from all those passing vehicles. 

The main road is alway busy, but I'm thankful for it today. I thanked the cashier and  walked out of the station. I didn't want to go back to my room. I took the long way to my house. The night was still young so I went to the nearest park to eat my meal. I took the last bite of my meal then cold air brushed me. 

Feeling that it was time to go home. I was ready to hit the rack. I was thinking I should take a short cut to the forest cutting right into my backyard. That was the biggest mistake I had ever made in my life. 

As I cut into the dark and eerie forest at night. The moon above me glows a tint of red as I casually walk through the forest. What should've been a ten minutes walk to my house felt like hours. The air was heavy and the humidity was getting to me. My clothes were soaked with sweat. My vision grew worse. The dirt path that I was following got harder and harder to see. 

Something wasn't right. My natural instinct was telling me the path that I usal take isnt right. Fear was spreading to me. So I started to pick up my pace toward my backyard. I was agitated. I should've been in my backyard long ago. But I wasn't. 

Kicking off my feet I ran at full speed. I rush toward my backyard. I was running with extreme speed for what seemed like ten minutes long , my exhaust caught up to me. Now soaking in my sweat it felt like I just got out of the shower. Drip of sweat hung from my eyelash and made it uncomfortable. So I grab the corner of my tshirt and wipe the sweat off. 

Panice was showing on my face. Should I head back to where the park was, or should I keep pushing forward? Thinking I should head back to restep my track, I perceive a howling of a creature behind my back. Not wanting to know what the creature was, I headed toward my original destination. 

Now full of terror I ran with my life on the line. Now even thinking of turning back. Once I felt that I was safe from the unknown  I flop down to the nearest tree. I was tired. My calf has never worked out this much in my life. The grass was wet and damp. But that didn't bother me at all. I was catching my breath. 

I surveyed my surroundings. It was a dead night. The sound of trees rocking back and forth, their branches hitting each other. The white wind blowing quietly and hitting everything. The grass blade gave off the aroma of earth entering my noise.

 I pick my head up to look at the sky. There hang two silver orbs emitting a gray energy. I stare at those two orbs for a good minute. Am I dreaming? When did earth gain another celestial body? 

I didn't even get to think about why there were two moons as I overheard another howl from a distance. I pick up my tired body. And rush toward the opposite direction of the creature howl. My senses are telling me to get away from whatever it was.

My energy was low and I thought I could outrun whatever that thing was. So I push on with my already dead body. It didn't help that I was in dead of nowhere. This was no longer the park behind my yard. But in another place I was one hundred percent sure of that. Earth has only one moon, not two.

I was drained. This cat and mouse chase with the creature and me has been going on for days. I don't even know if it has been a day but I was fatigued . My face was covered in smudge of dirt and grease. My tshirt and jeans were ripped and covered in dirt. My shoes were about to break. 

Bag of shadow under my eyes. I can't take this anymore. I have been running from the cry of creatures for god knows how long. But every time it seemed like I was safe it started to howl and it seemed closer and closer to me. 

All wasn't bad for me as I ran away from this creature. I saw some kind of structure peeking out of the earth far away. It was a vertical building with a roof pointed toward the sky as it pierce the cloud and the tip almost touched the moons. 

My goal as of now was to get to the structure. I was closer and closer to it. The cry was getting less and less as I approached the castle that cut the cloud. As I keep getting closer, the details of the building are coming out.

From far away it was just a blur of darkness that went up but as I proceeded toward it. The building details lighten up. The building had one part that when straight up toward the cloud then protruding out from the main one was like a branch with a spike.

It was eerie. It was a tower. But I didn't care as it was a safe place from the creature. I was dead from no sleep and my limbs were wounded with cuts. 

Now I was standing toward the tower entrance. Its sheer size was almost the size of a stadium. I look around for an entrance. I circle around the tower for an hour to find a door. It was wooden with a hint of red. It was kind of creepy but I didn't object to it. It was a door, a defense against the creature. I knock at the door, hopeful of help. 

Three knocks for a few seconds. Nothing. I knock again this time louder. Nothing. Not wanting to get eaten by the creature I grabbed the handle of the door and invited myself in the house without the house owner's permission. 

I walked in the tower. It was dark. I took a few steps in the tower then. Bang! The door behind me closed on its own. I shirek of surprise and jump up. Looking behind me the door closed. I was scared of my wit. Feeling scared I cry out.

“Hello, anyone there?”

 Toward nothing but the darkness. No answer. 

I was shaking. I was tired, my mind was restless. Then I heard a bang from the door. Then a howling of the creature that was hunting me all that time. It was attacking the door. It was getting louder and the force was harder. Each time the creature hit the door I was shaken in fear. 

This wasn't the first time I was this close to the creature but this was the closest I have ever got close to it. It was so close to me. I pulled my courage from somewhere and ran toward the stair. I saw the moment I got into the tower. 

Bang!

The door cracked under the creature's pressure. It was a dog looking thing. It was huge. Almost the size of a car. Gloss of black fur wraps around it. Sharp canine teeths that could crush a tree. The moment it saw me running toward the stair it howled.

Awooo!

My leg dropped the moment the howl hit me. Fear took over me. I fell down the stairs and hit every inch of my body. I was right where I started a minute ago. The beast then moved at a casual pace toward me. Knowing that I was good as dead. My eyes were tearing. I wasn't a strong person when facing death. I didn't want to die. But it was hopeless. I was at the hand of this creature if I wanted to live. 

I beg it!

“I..i.please don’t kill me!” 

Fear was embed onto my voice

The creature was about a meter away from me. There it stood tall and dreadful. Knowing this creature it had to have some kind of intellect. This creature has been following me since the moment I got into this world. Nonstop. It would stop following when I was tired but the moment I had energy again would howl a warning to hunt me. 

It was smart and cunning. It must enjoy the hunt of the prey. It stopped for a good few seconds when I begged for my life but now it started to circle around me. Then with its big and sturdy tail it whipped against me. The wind hit me before the tail did. I was pushing back, hitting the bottom of the stairs. 

“Arghh!”

I scream out in pain 

My back hit the first stair. Blood gushed out of my mouth and my spine cracked a little. I shut my eyes to exguisht the pain I suffer then open to see the creature with its grin. It was dreadful. 

“P..pl.plesse ..spare me..”

With a soft voice that I could muster up.

I wanted to live. My life wasn't that great but I wanted to live and make it better. My life was flashing in front of me. 

I remember the day when some kid bullied me for wearing a funny shirt. I told him to stop but he didn't listen to me and kept bullying me that day so I got angry and pushed him. Then the teacher scolded me. He was in the wrong. I told her but she didn't listen to me as i was the one who started the violent reaction . I got sad that my teacher didn't take my side so I cried. 

Another memory flash. One day I woke up with a fever. The moment I tried to head to school I felt weak and almost dropped. But my mom caught me and told me to go to bed as I got a severe cold. That was the first time I ever got a glimpse of my mother's affection. She was alway busy with work. As a single parent she didn't have time for me, but she took a day off to take care of me. I was very happy she did that. 

Then I thought of what happened last week. It was my birthday. I was turning twenty-one. But it was a sad day as no one show up. My mother was busy with her work and couldn't make it to the party. I thought my friends would surprise me for my birthday, but no one knew it was my birthday so I was left alone on my happiest moment of my adult life with sadness and empty feeling. I thought I had friends. I cried that night. I drank myself to sleep and showed up to work like nothing happened. But it left a heavy mark on me. 

Thinking about last week. A big tear fell down on my cheek. Maybe it was a good thing my life ended. I had nothing but my mother to worry about. Even then she only worries about her work, rarely about me. 

The wolf saw that I had resolved to die so it didn't bother anymore to toy with as a final act of mercy. It opens its wide mouth. Row of teeth that could break steel above me and wet drools splash me. I could feel its hot breathing coming off the beast jaw .I closed my eyes knowing my life was about to end. I waited for my death. But nothing happened. My eyes were still shut.

I was shaking. Why was this creature toying with me. I asked for death. But this creature wants to play. But then I felt something running across my body. A touch of sharpness ran across my body. I yelp and roll myself into a ball for self defense. 

Then something caresses my hair. Then  what felt like a finger ran across my face. I was surprised and shocked. I twitch my eyes and slow open my eyes. There I saw a woman with long gray hair draping down on the floor. She was naked and her outline was shining as the glowing from the outside creeped inside from the door entrance. 

Then her nose twitches and then she creeps onto my neck and bite my neck. 

“Ahh!”

She left a bite mark on my neck and the pain was intense. Something cold was rushing into my warm body. It was invading all the blood vain and the mellow blood stream started to get rigid and lost their comfy warmth. I feel a dread cold replacing them.

Stream of sweat was all over my body and I was shaking all around my body. The lady sat down and looked at me. She had a smile. It was a dark smile. Her hand caresses some of the sweat on my forehead. I feel sick. Like something invaded my body and i didnt like it one bit. Something was replaced. 

I didn't really have time to think about it. As a big impact of a cold hurdle in my heart. A Stream of cold launched onto my heart. Every hit I twitch and my limbs curl up. I thought I was done but then another wave came in, this time double of the first wave. 

My body is in shock and I am scared. The lady pinned both my limbs down. Her crazy strength held me down. She wasn't trying to get me injured. Then another wave came in, this time more spiked up then the last one. I hurled my stomach up toward the sky and it came crashing down and hit the stone cold brick floor. 

I cough off blood. The mystery lady then placed her head onto my stomach and hammer my body down. She was gentle with all those motions. Every time a rush of pain came to my body she calmed me down.

 I knew I was done as I felt something warm was embracing me. There was a pool of blood and sweat around me. My mouth was panting heavily as I tried to catch my breath . My lungs were greedy and hungry as they absorbed every particle of air into my lung.

Then I heard a soft voice pricking into my ear.

“It was a success.” 

A calm and soothing voice rushing into my ear to my brain.

At those words my head went blank and my mind shut down and I lost all my strength.

13