1: Her Nightmare
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tick-tock,Tick-tok,Tik-tok

Three times,three set of ticking and it comes. That debilitating fear,like you are submerged in cold icy water . That familiar pair of cold hands that are pulling you deeper and deeper into the unknown. The buzz of cicadas and crickets slowly starting to disappear until only the ticking of the clock remains. You want to fight back but cannot as your body stiffened,maybe from fear or maybe from the realization,that you are in a nightmare. You want to scream,you want to open your eyes and stop this but you can't. You want to struggle but the water is pressing you deeper and the hands pulling you are getting stronger. The fear started to subside,a feeling of calmness started to spread as you started to give up. Was this the end?
No.
Sharp pain started to spread from your wrist,jolting you and making you open your eyes. The darkness susbsided and the pale moon lit up your sight. You are back. The familiar ceiling,the song of cicadas and the chirping of the crickets flooded your ears. The cold icy feeling remained as you vaguely saw a silhouette fading beside you. You wanted to sit up but something jumped to your chest and stared at you.
It was her cat.
The cat seemingly sentient,looked at you with sarcasm before jumping off and disappearing in the dark hallway.
You slowly sat up and looked at your wrist. Dozens of bite marks littered your pale skin and the newest addition oozed out fresh blood and dripped into the blanket.
You want to cry,you want to scream but the cat's mocking gaze floated up in your memories and felt powerless.

You regretted, the moment when her parents asked if you would like to take it in.

"What's it named?" you asked when you first met it.

"Paradise." she spoke softly,her affectionate eyes petting the clingy cat.

"Nightmare." you uttered as you fell back in the bed powerlessly.

"You regret taking the thing,but do you regret what you have done?''

''No, it was fun." a twisted smile appeared on your face while licking the blood dripping from the bloody wrist.

0