Chapter 28 : Killing Rock
90 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

White Fox fled all the way east to Kanto. Here, she was surrounded by tens of thousands of samurais and all the great mages of the Eastern Wasteland.

She fought as hard as she could in their encirclement, and was soon red with blood, this time wounded herself heavily. Although the injuries of ordinary katana swords can't cause much damage to her, the magic circles of mages are indeed difficult to deal with. If she hadn't practiced with Jiang Ziya in the cave before, she might have been subdued by them now.

She wiped away the blood that was about to flow into her eyes, and clenched the demon sword in her hand again. She didn't want to die here like this. She suffered humiliation and torture, and finally escaped, how could she die here? She does not accept such a fate! No way!

"Fox demon! Obediently die! Stop doing unnecessary struggles!"

"You seriously injured the king and concubine Haru in the palace. You should have suffered torment before you died, but the king is merciful, and he is willing to give you a fast death. Surrender obediently, and this war between the human and monster can be over!"

"Quickly surrender! Fast make atonement for your sins! Stop being obsessed!"

"Hahaha... Let me surrender? You bald donkeys! This nine-tailed white fox would rather die in battle than surrender!"

She killed with red eyes, and the demon sword also flashed a squat red light, which looked extraordinarily strange in the moonlight. Bodies were scattered all over the mountains and there were countless casualties. There were more and more wounds on her, and the pain spread all over her body, especially the wounds on her left shoulder and left chest, so painful that she just wanted to die on the spot. But how unwilling she is!

"You fox demon has killed so many of us! When we catch you, we must torture you to die!"

White Fox knelt down beside a rock, the pain had made her unable to stand up to fight them. She looked at the approaching mage and samurai, and finally made up her mind.

"I would rather cut myself off than fall into your hands!"

She clenched the demon sword, aimed it at her heart, and inserted it fiercely. For a moment, the piercing pain made her unable to move. White Fox slumped on the rock. Blood spread from her chest, staining the white peonies on her dress red. Her consciousness began to blur, she knew she was going to die. 

She has practiced for thousands of years, thinking that she can live forever and not suffer from the pain, aging, sickness and death. But she has not stopped living a life of wandering ever since she became a human shape. The short-term glory and wealth are more the pain and torture of losing one after another. Why was fate so unfair to her?

"Jiang Ziya, where are you? Jiang Ziya, I really want to see you." 

At the end of her life, she thought of the young man again.

The mages and samurais who surrounded her were only a few steps away from her. They saw her collapsed on the rock and wanted to get close but were afraid it was her trap. 

Just when they hesitated, a golden light flashed, and a black-haired man in dark blue clothes appeared beside White Fox. They rubbed their eyes in disbelief, as if they couldn't believe what was in front of them.

"Where are you monster from?"

Jiang Ziya didn't pay attention to the noisy crowd at all. He hugged White Fox, which was about to be wiped out, and his heart ached as if he was about to die.

"White Fox, here I come."

White Fox seemed to hear the familiar voice. She opened her eyes slowly, and tears welled up in her eyes when she saw the familiar eyebrows and the straight bridge of his nose.

"It's really you."

"It's me, it's me here."

"I thought you would never come to see me again."

"I'm sorry."

On that day, after returning to Middle-earth in anger, he retreated and practiced, determined to never see her again. But today his master suddenly ordered him to come to here. He said that Eastern Wasteland would have great disasters and needed his assistance. 

The master said that although Eastern  Wasteland is not under the jurisdiction of the Middle Earth, the cause of the disaster is the monster of the Middle Earth. As soon as he heard it was a middle-earth monster, he knew it was White Fox. He immediately figured out her location, and finally arrived by casting a spell, but he was still a step late.

"It's rare to hear an apology from your mouth."

"I shouldn't have left you alone."

He hated the initial impulse. He hates his own cruelty. He hates himself!

"I don't blame you, I don't blame anyone, I only blame fate."

Jiang Ziya hugged her, not knowing what to say. He could see that the demon sword was a powerful magic weapon. It was inserted into the heart of White Fox now, and he can't do anything.

"Jiang Ziya, maybe I shouldn't have left you after that night of hibiscus love."

"White Fox, I never told you. That night was the happiest night of my life."

"And what about the time we spent together in the cave afterwards?"

"It was the happiest time of my life."

"It turns out that your Taoist priests can also speak sweet words."

White Fox is getting more and more difficult to speak, and she knows that she has not much time left.

"Jiang Ziya, where do you think the demon will go when she dies?"

"White Fox, I will save you."

"I said before in the cave that I hoped my wounds would never heal so that you would never leave me. Now this wound must never heal. Will you leave me?"

"No, I will always be by your side."

"I'm so glad."

"We will never be apart again."

"So happy to hear that. Jiang Ziya, I like you."

"I love you White Fox."

"If there is a next life, and I am still a demon, will you like me?"

"I will, I will always love you, no matter if you are human, demon, ghost god or beast."

"Then let's make an appointment."

"Ok, let's make an appointment."

"How about a kiss as a promise?"

Jiang Ziya did not hesitate at all, he lowered his head and kissed the bloodstained lips. The moment the two soft lips touched, White Fox's body turned into a wisp of breeze and disappeared into the air.

Jiang Ziya finally couldn't hold back and shed tears.

He took out the soul lantern from his arms, chanted the incantation silently, and took in the soul floating in the air. He stood up and looked at the people who surrounded him.

"You all forced the nine-tailed white fox to death today, and karma will become a curse. This rock stained red by her blood will be the carrier of the curse. I hope you all can take care yourself, and wait for someone who is destined to eliminate the curse."

After he finished speaking, he chanted the incantation silently and waved his sleeves away. He didn't want to stay there for a moment, just because he was afraid that he would not be able to control himself and would vent his grief on those humans.

Later, this rock turned into a cursed rock as Jiang Ziya said. Anyone who approached it was hurt by its resentment, and many people died. Folks call it "killing rock". The blood of the nine-tailed white fox on the rock will never dry up, and every night when the moon is full, it will glow with red light in the moonlight. Although all the mages in the country went to dispel the spell together, they were all injured by the rock.

Until twenty years later, Taj took her daughter to recuperate at a nearby hot spring. When she heard the story of the killing rock, she was moved. She found the rock with the help of her daughter.

Ignoring other people's obstructions, she stepped forward with her daughter and wiped off the blood stain for it. And they were not hurt by the cursed rock. Since then, the curse of the killing rock has finally been eliminated.

2