Chapter 7
35 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
How do you feel about other POV's?
  • Don't like them Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't mind them Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Like them Votes: 1 50.0%
Total voters: 2 · This poll was closed on Jun 24, 2022 01:17 PM.

This one is just over 3k long, which is good for me! I'm actually sticking to an update schedule for this story, which is a first, and have most of next chapter written up already.
That said, I realised that It's going to take a lot of chapters for this story to involve any sort of children between Tom and Harry ^-^ For reference, 31st December happens in the 14th chapter. But, I have been doing a lot more longer timeskips recently, so perhaps it'll be sooner than I'm expecting.
Please comment if you spot any mistakes, or if there's anything you want to see. Also, how do people feel about POV from other people?

============================

1st August 1997- Saturday

Although they had not been able to share the same bed for the night, that right reserved for his Majesty's legal spouses, he and the Emperor's beds had only been separated by a silken curtain. It meant something, and he was much too unaware of his Highnesses personality for the time being to figure out what. But Harry knew for certain that he and the Emperor's relationship had blossomed that evening, filled with pleasant interactions and a delicious meal that was catered for his tastebuds.

In the morning, the Emperor was softer, feeding him pieces of fruit with a gentle gaze, sending him on his way with a kiss on Harry's palm and a playful ruffle of his hair. In his euphoric daze, he almost floated out of the Emperor's Palace, welcomed by Anya who was waiting by a Sedan with a happy smile.

" Master, I assume you had an enjoyable time?"

He blushed minutely, taking her hand. " You assume correctly. The dinner was lovely, and me and his Majesty seem to have grown closer."

" That's wonderful, Master. The Emperor certainly dotes on his concubines. Is there any need to arrange for a healer to do a check-up in the next few days?" The warm smile never strayed from her face but became more salacious as she helped him sit down.

Harry stopped and frowned in confusion. " Why is there a need for- No, no! Absolutely not! Me and his Majesty did not- not that! We simply shared a room, is all." He stammered, glaring at her. " Don't be so open with saying such things, his Majesty isn't fond of rumours, and neither am I!"

" This servant apologises, Master. Please, forgive me for my assumptions; I will accept any punishment you deem necessary." Harry tutted, turning away.

" You need to be more mindful, Anya. However, there is no need for any punishment; just be mindful from now on."

" My Master is a gracious one."


When he arrived back at the Palace of Noble Handsomeness, Dahlia was waiting for him in his front room, his maids rushing about to serve her. Harry cleared his throat to announce his presence, the maids barely stopping long enough to give him the required bow, before continuing.

He turned to his friend, frowning. It seemed that the maids the Department had issued him preferred to serve another master. " Dahlia, to what do I owe this visit?"

" His Majesty allowed you to stay in his Palace for the night." It wasn't a question. She continued to stare into the depths of her tea, a neutral expression hiding any clue of her true feelings.

" Yes. The Emperor had another bed prepared for me, since he knew our conversation would run on for a while."

" And? What did you talk about?"

" This and that. Mostly about my reasons for entering the Harem and my interests and hobbies. Small talk, he's a good conversator."

"Why would the Emperor want to know all that about a Noble?"

" I didn't question his Majesty. I am here to serve him in any way I can, and that includes answering any questions he has for me without asking."

She slammed her teacup onto the table, its contents slightly splashing over the side. A maid hurried forward with a cloth, largely ignored by the two as they stared into each other's eyes. " Harry, you slept in the Emperor's Palace, in your first month of being in his Harem. Don't you know how huge this is? This could cause you all sorts of trouble with the others if they take it the wrong way." Dahlia threw her hands up in the air, eyes wide. She had obviously been stewing in her worries overnight, and Harry felt sorry for being the cause.

" Then, I will simply tell them the truth, that me and his Majesty ate, talked, and then slept in separate beds."

" And what if they don't believe you? What if- What if Concubine-"

" Don't. Don't say any names. If they don't believe me, then that's on them. It will eventually sort itself out."

" Yeah, with you potentially hurt or killed! Harry, I am of the opinion that you should-"

Harry turned his back on her, hands shaking slightly as he fiddled with the vase of roses. " Not interact with the Emperor for a few months until this blows over? And let you spend all the time you wish with him? I can take care of myself, Dahlia. I have nothing to hide from the others since there's nothing, I did that they can complain about. "

They stood in tense silence for a few moments before Harry heard the rustling of fabric brush past him. " Fine. I hope you don't regret your choices, Brother." He was left feeling as lonely as ever, maids whispering around him in hushed tones that were still perfectly audible to his ears.

" This one will be the next to fall."


[8 - 9 am]

" Noble Potter-Black, I heard that you spent the night in his Majesty's Palace last night; is that correct?" The Consort's hands cradled her heavily swollen belly with care, sharp nails drumming upon it rhythmically as she stared down at him. Harry fidgeted under her gaze yet met it head-on to show his sincerity.

" Yes, Your Highness. The Emperor invited me to dinner and then allowed me to stay the night. In separate beds, of course, I wouldn't dare assume to share his Majesty's bed with him."

" You will do whatever his Majesty orders of you, sleeping in his bed with him and all. Still, I am glad that you understand your position here. Please; do remember to inform me the next time his Majesty invites you so that I don't have to find out the next morning, however. We have a way of doing things around here, and if his Majesty had taken you to bed, any subsequent pregnancy wouldn't have been considered a legitimate one."

" Of course, Your Highness, I understand. Thank you for informing me." She nodded, turning away from him with one last assessing stare.

" His Majesty has announced that there are to be changes in the current Rankings." A murmur swept through the room, pointed stares and whispers shared between the concubines. Harry had heard about occurrences such as this, which happened on the first day of each month, although only if the Emperor ordered it. It seemed that some concubines had left an impression on him during the month. " Quiet! This isn't exactly out of the norm, there is no need to make such a racket." Bellatrix shouted, raising slightly from her seat. " The Emperor has instructed me to inform you of who and why those mentioned have risen in the ranks. Noble Macmillan." Nobody looked shocked to hear her name being announced, however, many looked sour-faced.

" Yes, Your Highness."

" Due to your pregnancy, the Emperor has graciously promoted you to the rank of Secondary Noble. He has high expectations for you and eagerly awaits the child's birth. Do not disappoint him and protect the gift you have been given with your life."

" I thank his Majesty and hope that the child I bear him will be healthy and suitable for their esteemed position."

" Noble Potter-Black." Harry felt fear engulf him. He wasn't expecting to be called upon, his only notable interaction with the Emperor being the night previous. Had he done anything to gain the Emperor's ire in so little time? Or had their conversation yesterday pleased the royal so much that he was raising his rank as a reward?

Harry gulped, placing his book to the side." Yes, Your Highness."

Bellatrix raised her eyebrow as she stared down at him, less contemptuously than she had before. " His Majesty comments that he greatly enjoys your presence, and conversating with you amuses him. He raises your rank to Fourth Noble."

Harry had been in the Harem for less than a month, and he was already moving up the ranks. If this didn't paint a target on his back, he didn't know what else would. " I thank his majesty for his benevolence."

" And Finally, Attendant Erikson." The mentioned man sat straighter, an eager expression on his face as he stared up at the Consort. She raised a singular sharp eyebrow at his continued silence, to which he smiled.

" Your Highness."

" His Majesty acknowledges that your behaviour in recent weeks has improved, and so he has raised your rank to Third First-Class Attendant."

The man grinned. " I thank his Majesty."

" Do not forget that his Majesty is still not pleased with how you acted that day. Continue to reflect on your behaviour, and your previous status may be restored."

No others were mentioned after that, and Bellatrix moved swiftly on to the next topic. She flipped the page of the booklet on her table, lounging further into her chair.

" Next on the order is the children's school reports, which were finalised last night. From Hogwarts, all the children currently attending are said to be doing splendidly, as expected, with notable comments on how well First Princess Evana has done in her first NEWTs year. His Majesty is set to reward the children and their parent. For those who are still too young to attend, their tutors have written up individual reports that have been sent to both his majesty and their other parent. If this concerns you, his Majesty orders you to thoroughly read and discuss with him at a later date the contents."

A concubine made a noise, presumably to ask something, but Bellatrix had already flipped the page again and moved on.

" His Majesty also responds to expresses of concern that some concubines feel as though they are not receiving enough money. He dictates that the weekly stipend is calculated thoroughly to ensure his concubines may live in luxury and that if the concubines feel as though they do not have enough, they should stop spending their stipend on items they do not need." She thumbed through the next pages in quick succession, not allowing herself to spend more than a minute on each subject. " The Emperor wishes his Harem to stay healthy and content and to come forward with any concerns if they feel they cannot deal with them themselves. I declare this meeting concluded."

They rose and bowed. " Thank you for having us, may the Primary Consort's power flourish, and her health never diminish." His exit after that was swift, dodging even his friends as they wished to hear from him about his promotion.

However, it seemed as though his Majesty's interest brought forward others, too. And he couldn't avoid every one of them.

" Noble Potter-Black, would you be interested in joining us for lunch this afternoon?" The voice was slightly nasally, and Harry turned his head to stare at the pair who had stopped him. He seemed to be getting accosted for invites to tea frequently these days, lower concubines attempting to curry favour with him, and the higher ones fleshing out if he was suitable to join them. Harry wondered when his status as the 'shiny new noble' was going to wear off and lamented the fact that the next harem selection was three years away.

" Yes, you have been in the Harem for a little while now, yet we still haven't been able to greet you properly." The other man spoke up, his voice not as irritatingly high pitched but no less pompous.

" Of course, Attendant Warrington, Attendant Pucey, I would love to attend. At what time should we meet, and whereabouts?"

" Does 11 am sound fine, and in the gardens of the Palace of Gathered Handsomeness? It is where we usually take it."

" Yes, that is perfectly acceptable. I will meet you there. Have a good rest of your morning, Brothers."

" Same to you, Brother."


[11 am]

" This is a very lovely garden, Brothers. I love how the flower beds are layed out; it looks so sophisticated." He smiled at the pair opposite, eyeing up the decorations dotted throughout the garden.

" Yes, both of our maids take care of the garden, and we have free reign to decide how it looks since we are this palace's only occupants. It is pleasant that his Majesty is so selective with who he allows into his harem, it keeps the number of people lower than many had expected."

" Yes, I heard that before his Majesty began the selection process, most families assumed that he would want a spouse from each prominent family, so they prepared one that they would send. When he announced that they would have to meet select criteria, that wiped most off the list!"

" Such as the Weasleys! They were planning to send that brother of current Lord Arthur Weasley, weren't they? The one that died young."

" Despite their Pureblood, they really are an undesirable bunch." They shared a laugh, looking at him for approval. When he showed none, they stopped abruptly.

" You are so lucky, Brother. His Majesty pays so much attention to you despite your less than pure blood." Warrington absentmindedly commented, reaching for a small sandwich.

" His Majesty's harem contains plenty of concubines who aren't Pureblood. Most of His Majesty's children are Halfblood's."

The man looked slightly flustered at that, spluttering softly." Yes, but your family's background is... less than stellar. With your Grandparents being..." A pause. " You know... former members of the Order. At least his Majesty's children contain his blood, which makes their blood equal, if not better than even us Purebloods."

" They were not a part of the Order. They sided with the Light's ideals, yes, but ultimately, they never joined."

" However, your father was-"

" My father was born ten years after the Order of the Phoenix was dissolved. And there hasn't been a group such as that one since." Harry stood suddenly, finally having enough of the hardly hidden jabs at his family and status.

" Where are you leaving to, Noble Potter-Black? You have only just arrived!" Attendant Warrington leaned forward, Pucey standing up as if he were going to make a grab for him. Anya stepped between them, assuring that wouldn't happen.

" Excuse me, Brothers, but I am feeling quite faint. I will be heading back now." Despite their protests for him to stay, Harry was gone only five minutes after first arriving.


Concubine Patricia Rakepick [5th Concubine]- The Palace of Great Brilliance

Patricia restlessly paced in her quarters, maids scrambling about, attempting to clean up the mess she had created without getting in her way and incurring the Concubine's wrath. She huffed angrily, a bolt of magic whizzing past a young servant, who flinched, cowering into a corner.

" That blasted bitch, how dare she become pregnant without my say-so!? I told her, I told her that she only got in here because of my suggestion to strengthen ties with the Macmillans, and she still goes against my word? She told me that she was secretly on contraceptives, lying whore- And how could the Emperor promote her to such a high position when there isn't even a baby yet! If that child is born, no matter its gender, she may overtake me, and then his attention would be split yet another way!" She bit at her thumb, magic thrashing dangerously and slashing at a table. " And that Potter, waltzing in here, fluttering his pretty green eyes at his Majesty and somehow managing to sneak himself into his bed in less than a month? How shameless, how vile, how disgusting!" She screeched, and another window smashed under pressure.

" M-Madam, please, someone may hear you-"

Rakepick span to face the maid, face flushed and breathing heavily. " And why should I care? I am one of His Majesty's Concubines, no one should dare gossip about me if they know what's good for them!"

" Yes-Yes, of course, Madam. Please forgive me for my impudence." The maid bowed lowly, knees crashing to the floor in the face of such anger.

Her head cocked, like a predator catching the scent of prey. " Yes, that was rather impudent of you, wasn't it? How dare you speak to me in such a way."

The maid sobbed, head banging on the floor. " Please, punish me as you see fit, Madam!"

Rakepick smiled sharkishly, snapping her fingers." Ruby, take her to the punishment bureau, explain to them her offences, and ask them to punish her justly. I will not tolerate such behaviour from a mere maid, not in my Palace."

" Yes, Mistress." She stepped forward, brown eyes glinting maliciously as she hauled her fellow maid up, binding her with a whispered Incarcerous. The maid's eyes widened, and she began to blubber.

" The-The Punishment Bureau? Wait, wait, no, no, please! Please, Madam, have mercy! Please, not the-! Please!" The door slammed and bathed the room in silence for the first time in over an hour. The maids still present dutifully carried on with their cleaning, keeping their heads down and a wide berth from their Mistress.

" My, and she had the gall to insinuate that I was the one making a scene." The Concubine chuckled cruelly, collapsing onto a setee gracefully. " Fucking Bellatrix and her dramatics, should have at least forewarned me about it. I could have had this all sorted out before the meeting." She snatched the bottle of Firewhisky from the table, gulping it down. " If only my darling Dani was still alive, me and his Majesty would have a much deeper connection, and many more children would fill this palace. If only she had been born a boy, I wouldn't have to suck up to Bellatrix and her group." Patricia sneered at the empty bottle, tossing it to the side. " Bring me another!" 

=============================

Word Count: 3k

0