4 – Completing The Tutorial
407 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Welcome To The 3rd And Final Tutorial!

Finally, I’m almost done with these dumb tutorials. I already know how to fight and the system is super simple… anyway. I will the window out of existence and review my surroundings. Again. Rather than a large, sprawling area like the previous tutorials, I’m in a sort of arena. It’s circular in shape, with thousands of spectator seats surrounding a pit-like area. One after another, spectators begin to fill the seats. But rather than normal people, these are opaque, purplish beings that can only be described as ghosts. 

Sensing an enormous killing intent, I draw The Black Blade and wield it in a one-handed grip. Then, dropping from the sky, comes a massive form dressed in radiant white armor. He stares down at me as if I am an insignificant ant.

“That blade. How dare you wield it. Are you seeking death?”

“You want my sword? Come and get some.” I take a deep breath before leaping at the knight. Just as my blade is about to smash into him, he reaches out his hand. He snags my weapon between 2 fingers and throws me away as if I were a used tissue. I smash into the wall with a sickening Crrrunch. 

I snarl as I climb to my feet. ‘He’s a cut above the rest. It’ll take more than my current ability to take him down.’ So I do something desperate. I sit down. The knight stops, obviously confused, which gives the time I need. Cultivating at lightning speed, I bust through wall after insignificant wall, quickly reaching the 9th stage of the Body Tempering Realm. The Knight notices my power skyrocketing, and starts to charge at me. But it’s too late. I jump up and yell, “WHAT’S THAT BEHIND YOU!?” at the same time as pointing. He freezes and glances behind him.

Chunk

My blade sinks into the gap between his legplates and into the soft flesh of his knee. He yells, before turning around and backhanding me. But I don’t budge. I block his hand with my sword, and return the favor with a Strike Of Revenge. He falls, and I clamber onto his chest.

“You want my sword? Hell no. But on the contrary, I want your head.” I say, before raising my blade. He holds up his hand and chokes out,

“W-wait, I can offer you something. I’ll recommend you to the Goddess Of Light.”

“Eh. Don’t care.”

“I-I can… allow you to select multiple boons…”

“Ohoho, can you? Then I’ll allow you to live if you allow me to take, let’s say… 3 boons.”

“Deal! Shake my hand!”

I shake his hand, and a notification pops up. 

Paladin Of Light Zesich has gifted you the boon, “Boon Pouch”. It allows you to store up to 3 additional boons.

I smile. 

“Thanks. Now scram.”

He jumps up and flies off, doubtlessly to inform the Goddess Of Light about this. But whatever. I can’t allow this to stop me from focusing on clearing the tutorial.

I allow myself a small chuckle before stepping foot farther into the arena. The sawdust the coats the ground shifts slightly and 2 trapdoors open in the ground and a platform raises. On the platform is a group of lions. But different to normal lions, these lions appear to be larger. One growls, giving me a glimpse of the razor sharp teeth lining its mouth. ‘Damn, I wish I knew what these things were, and how to beat them…’

Basic Skill Unlocked

Skill: Appraisal

By viewing and object, person, or monster, you can view its stats and levels as long as it is ten or less levels higher than you.

“Wow, perfect timing. Appraisal.”

Direlion

Str: 19

Vit: 13

Agi: 21

I smile. ‘These monsters specialize in agility, although that’s not very high anyway. They should be easy to defeat.’ I take a breath before leaping into action. The midnight blade I wield slashes through the lions with deadly efficiency. I am a hungry predator, and these lions are my prey. So I feast. Before I realize it, every lion is dead.

I notice a grinding sound, and once again the platform raises. But this time, rather than lions, it holds only one thing.

Appraisal.

Gelatinous Cube:

Str: ???

Vit: ???

Agi: ???

I raise my eyebrow in confusion, about to utter a question. But before I can, it’s answered, as the gelatinous cube shifts into a mirror image of me, complete with Kuroiha. 

“Damn, talk about a cheat skill. How am I supposed to beat myself?”

The slime doesn’t allow me to ponder the question before it brandishes my sword and dashes at me. I raise my blade to counter his attack, but the slime had predicted that. He ducks low and lunges at my stomach, nearly piercing straight through my gut. Luckily, a tense my abs right before the blade strikes and it deflects off with nothing more than a scratch, and a long tear in my shirt. I grimace in pain at the sight of my torn shirt and turn to the slime. It won’t land another hit. I raise my sword a activate strike of revenge.

Before my blade strikes, the slime leaps into the air. With lightning fast reflexes, I launch myself after it. Bringing my blade down, I hear a crack before the slime is sent rocketing back to the earth. I dive down back at it, landing next to it. With a quick slash, I open up the back of the slime, exposing bone. Then, I planted my foot on the back of the gelatin and reach down, grasping the spine. With one quick yank, I ripped free its spine.

I grimaced and threw the strip of bone to the side, then put my sword back into its scabbard with a satisfying shhhink.

Skill Scroll acquired.

“Nice. Have I completed the last tutorial yet?”

As if in response, the platform began to shake once again, raising up an unnaturally tall humanoid with a massive hammer. His shirt was gilded with gold and his hammer encrusted with gems. He bellowed before stepping into the pit, the top of his head almost reaching the stands lining the arena.

11