6 – Class Clown
358 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“I’ll select the class… Black Blader.”

I know that I’m already an enemy of the goddess of light, due to the -200 points I received. Therefore, if there were no negatives, why wouldn’t I choose that class? I gain bonus damage against Light monsters and players that are in the service of the light goddess. I guess players are people who have been selected to be reborn or whatever like me.

Anyway, the point is, the Black Blader class is easily my favorite. What can I say, I’m a sucker for dark things like that.

“Where do I go now that I’ve beaten the tutorial? And what do I use my points for?”

My questions are answered when the system responds.

You will be sent to the first floor of the tower, a 100-floor tall structure with increasingly difficult trials in each floor. Your points can be used in the shop or via the auction house, or can be used in direct transactions with other players.

“Ah, so points are this world’s currency. Well, what happens if I reach the top floor of this tower?”

You will become a Ranker, a being strong enough to rival the gods themselves in a battle. 

“Hmm… God-slaying strength does sound quite tempting.”

I’m also a sucker for things that will make me strong.

“Let’s ignore that info for the time being. I’d like to focus on selecting a Boon from a god.”

I pull up a special window listing the gods that have expressed interest in me.

The God Of Death has expressed interest in you.

The Immortal Martial Artist has expressed interest in you.

The Unyielding Commander has expressed interest in you.

“So I can receive the abilities of either the God Of Death, the Immortal Martial Artist, or the Unyielding Commander. Is it possible to view the boons before selection?”

Knowledge of a boon will only be imparted after selecting it.

“So I’m going in blind, huh… reminds me of the time I defeated a 10000 man army while blinded by poisons. Anyway, I think I’ll select the boon from the God Of Death.”

The God Of Death leans forward, interested in this turn of events.

You have selected the God Of Death’s boon. Imparting knowledge of “Death Ki”

You have received the boon “Death Ki”. The God Of Death now sponsors you.

“Ahh!” I gasp as an unnatural power flows into me. Suddenly, my mind opens and revealed the mysteries of the grave to me. I drop to my knees and scream in pain as my body gradually accepts the knowledge of this inhuman power.

When I return to my senses, I glance around, before noticing I’m lying face-first in the dirt. I grunt and sit up in a quick motion.

“Skills.”

Skills:

Skills: Serpen Command, Serpen Transformation, Strike Of Revenge, Morph (12 hrs until usable)

Boons: Boon Pouch (Gift From Zechsia), Death Ki (Sponsorship Gift from the God Of Death)

Damn, I was out for 12 hours? This ‘Death Ki’ stuff must be really strong.

“Death Ki.”

Death Ki (Level 1)

The boon of the God Of Death. You received it as a sponsorship gift from him. You have the knowledge of the afterlife and the supernatural occurrences beyond the grave. Due to your unrivaled understanding of death, you may gather the energy of the dead and convert it into usable Ki. This “Death Ki” increases the strength of Dark type skills, but lowers the strength of Light type skills.

“Wow, I’m the bane on light types aren’t I?”

I decide to test out my new boon on the fallen giant.

“Death Ki!”

Suddenly, I feel something unexpected, and the force of the giant’s soul almost knocks me to the ground.

You have absorbed the soul of 1 “Hammer Giant”. Processing skills…

Skills received: Hammer Mastery, Gigantification, Enraged Rush.

What? I get the giant’s skills too? This skill is just too overpowered!!

I bend down and grab the giant’s hammer from the ground.

“Appraisal.”

Gilded Giant Hammer

+50 Str

+25 Vit

“It’s a fairly good item, the stat boosts are very high. No special skill though. Whatever, I’ll wield it in my offhand in case I need to dish out more damage.”

I equip the hammer, and it shrinks down to the right size to fit in my hand. As I equip it, my strength and life force increase noticeably. I’m starting to like this boon.

“Hey system, I’d like to travel to the tower now.”

Commencing travel to the great tower now. Good luck, player.

I grin in response and a white light erupts around me again. When it fades, I’m standing in a well-lit room. Suddenly, a woman wearing a strange outfit runs over to me. 

“Hi, welcome to the tower! How was your tutorial experience?”

“Uh, it was ok… I guess?”

In reality, it was way better than ok, in fact it was absolutely amazing. But I’m not gonna tell some random person that.

“Glad to hear it! Please follow me to the testing area so we can determine your starting class and rank!”

“O-ok…” I replied.

Again, I’m not gonna tell some random person I’ve already selected a class, not to mention it was a Pseudo/unique class. 

I followed her through a maze of hallways that I wouldn’t have been able to navigate without her assistance. We passed many rooms identical to the one I arrived in, and in some of them, there were people there. One room, in particular, held something that looked absolutely awful. It had skin peeling off in some places, as well as glowing red eyes, sharp claws, and teeth as long as knives. As I walked by, it met my eyes and snarled. I sped up my pace.

“Hey, miss, where are we going?”

she glanced back and smiled.

“Didn’t I tell you already? We’re going to determine your class and your rank. Now c’mon, pick up the pace. The next batch of tests starts in 5 minutes!”

I shrugged and continued following her. I did remember her saying something like that earlier. We continued our mad dash through the halls to the testing area.

9